Part of Bugaboo Cameleon 4.1

Ease of Packing & Storage

Christin
Christin5 posts

Long lasting

I got this pram as a hand me down and it looks like new. No one believes me that it's second hand. Such great long lasting quality!

I like the suspension and easy maneuverability. I can navigate it with one hand easy. We used the bassinet for our newborn and bub loved his pram naps. All terrains. Now that he's grown out of it, I really enjoy using the seat and that you can change the recline so easily. I'd prefer a foot break over a hand break but that's just my choice.

Definitely recommend! Show reply

Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage
Tegan
TeganHelensvale7 posts
  2nd Gen

Great Pram, easy to use and more compact

Love this pram so much! It’s so easy, very compact for a bugaboo but steers like a dream! I bought the toddler board attachment and love it! Well worth the money as I am using it with two toddlers.  Show details ·  1
Emma
EmmaSydney, NSW4 posts

Its great!

So light! So easy to turn, can with one hand and great turning circle. Easy to pull apart for a wash
Only negative is that I stopped using it for a year and when i used it the next time and tried to put the brake on it snapped! All the wires! Show details
Safety
klubear
klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC64 posts
  Verified 2nd Gen

Not convinced of the strength, but love the accesories available for it

I've always wanted a Bugaboo.. I've had sooooooooo many prams .. this is the last I'll ever buy since there will be no more kids and my girl is `18 months.
It took me a while to work it all out. I'm actually surprised that it is not more stable.. the handle feels flimsy, the basket is only attached with velcro.
But, I have just organised a Pink Canopy for it.. which is pretty exciting since I love pink soooo much!
Feel like this is a bit of a down grade from my reliable and sturdy strider.. we'll see how it goes. Show details
Overall
Functionality
Haycap
HaycapSydney13 posts
  2nd Gen

Was good but didn’t like basket

Was pretty good off road.

Suspension was good especially because you can change the suspension according the the babies weight.

Bub was always very comfortable in the pram

I did however get rid of it after only a few months as I did not like the basket I found it extremely hard to get shopping into

Angelat
AngelatSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  2nd Gen

Stylish and easy to manouvre

The bugaboo is a great pram. Its easy to open and close aswell as moving around in tight areas. I feel the only critisism I can give is the under basket could be a bit bigger. The colour choices are exceptional and the ability to switch from forward facing to rear facing is just what we needed.

callmejen
callmejenSydney2 posts

Traded up

At the disapproval of my husband we traded up to the Bugaboo Cameleon from a lesser known brand as was simply too cumbersome to operate with 3 other children in tow. Mother duck felt like a truck license was previously required to operate which can confidently say is not the case with the Bugaboo. Easy to operate and stylish as well I am quietly enjoying telling hubby "I told you so".

Mel B
Mel BManly8 posts
  2nd Gen

Worth every cent ... and more!

This pram can easily be manoeuvred with one hand. It’s easy to use, folds with little effort and it looks great. Ours was used for two children and has now been given to a relative for some more love. The bugaboo is also very easy to keep clean and the additional holders for the maxi cosy were a great and well loved addition. No complaints about this pram!

Jennifer
JenniferSydney28 posts
Chris H
Chris HNSW9 posts
  2nd Gen

Nice to handle and comfortable but very bulky

Easy to push and steer on smooth to moderately rough surfaces and very comfortable for our son. The sub canopy is also excellent, providing a lot of coverage that is lacking in other products. I do find it quiet heavy and cumbersome to fold and put in the car boot. It also always folds out awkwardly when taking out of the car. I like this product but would consider a one piece folding one next tie.

Rebecca M
Rebecca MCanberra5 posts
  2nd Gen

Unsure why everyone raves over this pram

I bought this second hand from gumtree. Notwithstanding I purchased it second hand, you think it would be good quality given it’s initial price point ! I have had the brake wire snap, the chair frame snap and found customer service from Bugaboo to replace these to be lacking - to say the least. I had to replace them again second hand and decided I will swap prams when I get the chance. It has to be seperated into two parts to go into your car, takes up a huge amount of boot space and cannot cope with even the smallest bump in the path - it will get stuck and you’ll have to help it over. I have an Audi Q5 and it basically sucks up the whole boot. Not the best pram, will continue on my search.

Nan
NanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Great pram

This pram and stroller has been fantastic for my LO, so easy to manoeuvre. Always use the canopy and was glad to discover you can actually buy replacement canopy in the different colours. The storage basket underneath is the only disappointment as it is not easy to access and doesn't hold much. Nevertheless I am happy with the pram and will keep it for the next baby...

Sham
ShamWagga Wagga

It was a good pram

It is a good pram, the only down fall with it is that it takes up a lot of room when folded down as it has to be pulled into 2, other than that it has been a great reliable pram! I love the fact that you can do both ways facing and the 3 different seat positions

Ivan Sileo
Ivan SileoPerth, WA6 posts

Not the best

I am honest, it is a very expensive pram and it shuold be also a very good pram but I saw better pram for half price. I would like complain regarding the spare part price as well. I had to buy a simple clips and I payed it 60 dollars .

Ingrid
IngridSydney, NSW6 posts

Perfect

Easy to fold and stored in the boot of our cars. Easy to assemble and keep the baby happy. Easy to stir at the shops. Nice size when going to the supermarkets. Good large compartment under the pram to fit all the groceries. We had 7 prams before we invested in the bugaboo, can't fault it

Bilbo B.
Bilbo B. · Cameleon 2nd Gen

Hello,

is there any adapter so Peg Pego Primo Viaggio or Osann car seat to be fixed on Bugaboo Cameleon 2?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi there and thank you for your question. Unfortunately only Maxi Cosi, Nuna Klik and Bugaboo Turtle by Nuna are compatible with Cameleon (all models) in Australia. They all use the same adapter (maxi cosi)

The team at Bugaboo x

Nelson
Nelson · Cameleon 2nd Gen

Is the “nuna pipa / graco click connect adapter for bugaboo cameleon 3” compatible with the Cameleon 2? The Nuna website says it is only compatible with Cameleon 3, 2015 or newer.

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Nelson The Nuna Pipa capsule is compatible with the Bugaboo Cameleon 2007 - Cameleon 3 plus when used in conjunction with the Cameleon 3 plus adapters for maxi cosi.

The team at Bugaboo

Lizanne · Cameleon 2nd Gen

Hi I have a Bugaboo Cameleon 2nd Gen.
Would a Cameleon 3 plus carrycot (bassinet and mattress) and Cameleon 3 canopy fit my Cameleon 2? Thank you

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Lizanne The Canopy will be compatible however the bassinet fabric is not a 100% fit unfortunately.

The team at Bugaboo

Lizanne

Thank you. What about the bassinet fabric only?

Bugaboo   DM

No the bassinet fabric is not a 100% fit unfortunately.

See all Bugaboo Cameleon 2nd Gen questions

Compare all Bugaboo Cameleon listings
Bugaboo Cameleon 2nd Gen4.1
Bugaboo Cameleon 3rd Gen
Bugaboo Cameleon 3rd Gen4.1
Bugaboo Cameleon 1st Gen
Bugaboo Cameleon 1st Gen4.3
Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Price (RRP) $1,299
Seating TypeSingle
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 22 kg
Seat OrientationReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Included)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Reversible Handle and Under-seat Storage
Weight9.6 kg
Folded Dimensions31 x 50 x 91 cm
Release date
Replaced byBugaboo Cameleon 3rd GenBugaboo Cameleon 3rd Gen PlusBugaboo Cameleon 2nd Gen