Bumbo Baby Seat

Bumbo Baby Seat (page 2 of 7)

See the Best Portable High Chairs / Booster Seats in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

What a Waste!

I should have listened to the bad reviews online, instead, husband and I wasted around $75 (including tray) which we could have spent on something else. Goal was to teach our son who was 5 months back then to sit but when we first put him on the Bumbo, he was very unstable because he could not fully support his head yet, sure he could move his neck and head around but being on the Bumbo, I just felt that he was uncomfortable. Plus he was slouching and his legs were just getting stuck on the thing, it was not easy to place and remove him from the seat. Also the buckle was difficult to lock once my son's on the thing - he's not fat, he's average size for his age but I still had to squeeze him on it. I tried fitting him on it when he was 6 months old (thinking that he could support his head better) but his legs were just too big, the seat went with him when I tried pulling him out, had to ask my husband to hold the seat in order to remove my son from it.

Not worth it!

I bought the bumbo and tray for my daughter in November to be put away for Christmas. She was 3 months at the time, 4 months at Christmas. The idea is fantastic, and once I stuff my AVERAGE baby in the seat and she wriggles enough to free her slightly chubby legs from the nasty pinch of the seat (NEVER put bubs in without long pants on, if you choose to i recommend putting some baby powder in the leg slots and on bubba's legs) she loves sitting up and watching the world go on around her. But... Then I have to dig around between her legs, pinching and scratching her, until I (with great force and sore fingers) pull up the clip for the belt (obviously a crude after thought) then I have to find the straps (they are anchored IN the tub of the seat are slip under bubs when she gets put in the seat, needless to say I have a very upset and unsettles little by the time this very important (and life saving if you read the recall notices) task is complete....... 10-15 minutes after we start we are finally goo to go. So then the play tray gets attached, easy enough. Toys and books are placed on the tray, and then swiped off by bubba as the lip on the tray may as well not be there. Not worth the extra money (does not come with the seat). So, I've got my job done, in between picking up her toys every 5 seconds, it's time to get bubs out. WTh!! No matter which way I try it I cannot lift her out without the bumbo lifting up with her! As you need 2 hands to safely pick up bubs, you don't have a third or forth available to manoeuvre and manipulate the leg gaps and bub's legs to free them, which leaves her screaming from the discomfort of the seat's weight pulling at her little body. SUCH A FRUSTRATING PRODUCT, that the shop I bought it from wouldn't let e return as I'd used it and it wasn't faulty, just poorly designed. There are other options available, try one of them! Hopefully little Miss will be sitting on her own soon and I can bin the bloody thing.
That my baby is sitting up unaided.
Lots and lots.

Unnecessary item for baby

I purchased the bumbo seat for my 3 month old baby after seeing great reviews but it wasn't for us. He has chubby legs and I basically had to squeeze him in it (he's average size) I found it to be really unsupportive and only used it once for a few minutes. I guess I would have kept it to try him when he is a bit older if we didn't have the issue with his legs. I do however know a lot of mums who love it so that's why I gave 3 stars.

Toxic trap

Do not use a yellow Bumbo. The other colours are reported to be safe to use however the yellow are reportedly toxic and can make your baby very ill. I really dont know how products as unsafe and toxic as this make it onto the market to harm babies. Where are the manufacturer's ethics?!!
They contain lead and cadmium. Here's a link I found
Alternative to a high chair
Toxic.

Not that impressed

By the time my son could sit in the Bumbo his legs were too thick, when getting him out of it it's awkward trying to pull his legs out and hold him at the same time. He also can push himself out of it. I don't find it very safe and would rather spend the money on a more practical product
Convenient to get my son off the floor for the short amount of time he fit in it
The leg holes are too small. Expensive for what it is

Ok product

I like the concept however my little ones legs are fat (shes 3.5 months and 7.5 kg) so I would have to wedge them into the slots. I hope she grows and looses the leg fat so she can fit into the chair.
I like the idea that it has accessories for use as a high chair etc.
Small, light and colorful
Expensive if she continues to not fit the chair

i found the fatter the baby the better it worked as they could not pull themselves out :) just pull the middle bit accross slightly to get eat leg in. My big babies loved there bumbo seats.

Great

I love this little chair. It's perfect to let your little one practice sitting up especially when they are so close yet still tumble over. It's very light and portable so it's fantastic to take along to friends places or picnics. My daughter adores this. Mine didn't come with the straps but they do now which is good as my daughter is strong enough to try and lift her bottom out. They are offering complimentary seatbelts for them via their website so am waiting on mine right now. The tray seems a little useless and doesn't stay on very well so we don't really use it.
Portable and light. Perfect for little ones learning to sit up.
The tray is pointless so far and doesn't stay on too well

Money well spent

We purchased the Bumbo for our 3 month old baby, he is now almost 17 months and we still use it everyday. This is one item we still take with us if we dine out, so baby has his own seat. The Bumbo is not hard plastic like other brands therefore seams quite comfy. Ours was purchased used but looks great(only slight fadeing in colour).
Love the colours, the softness/squishyness, easy to clean

Likeable but not for long

I found it OK when used sensibly. Bub wasnt ready to use this chair until 4 and a bit months, as is recommended. He certainly wont fit in much beyond 6.5 months, as he'll be getting stronger leg control and I wont be letting him tip it backwards to land on his head, just because the box says up to 12 months of age!

Should only use these seats with babies who have established head control. I know of too many mums who use this as early as 1.5-2months!!! This type of use is not good for baby's developing spine!

Nor is putting it on a high surface! It takes 2 seconds for bub to get a foothold and push themselves backwards out of it, thats enough time for you to turn to retrieve something from the fridge, look at the tv football score, or stir a pot on the stove briefly! Please use due care and supervise 100% of the time with this chair.
Assists with playtime asmum can use both hands.
Too many people are irresponsible with this item! expensive for short term use

Comfortable throne

This little seat is a gem for mum and grandparents with a baby, especially a baby that is not keen on lying down. I have found it perfect for a baby that is visually impaired as they are slightly behind their age in achieving milestones. e have a Bumbo at home and one at the grandparents. Both kids loved it and we sit it on our large kitchen tabe when the family sits around to chat over a cuppa. Bub i right there, securely held, in the family mix.
Holds securely, no clips, lead, harness (we were sent one but will not use it as we NEVER walk away and leave bub without supervision) and easy to clean.
I have the lime and it is badly discoloured. i do not know how this happened but it will not come off and does make the Bumbo look 'dirty'.

Could be better

Bub isnt a fan of sitting in the bumbo although i think it is a good product that is very useful. Bub has managed to tip seat back even on the floor. Now with the 3point harness it makes it harder but when he gets upset he still can get it to push back. Bub is only 3.5mnths! He does enjoy using it for 5mins but then wants out.
Portable, soft, useful for bub to sit in
We had to install the 3point harness as the bumbo didnt meet standards and chn had been injured whilst using product. The store we bought it from didnt tell us!

Great invention

I quiet like this item my baby likes to sit and this. Chair gives him the opertunity to do this the only thing I don't like is that the tray needs toys attached my boy keeps dropping his toys kmy boy and I like this as he can look at his brothers while they run around
Baby is able to sit up
Needs toys for tray

Bumbo

Love the bumbo! Great to cook with and happy to have in my kitchen.
The most amazing thing about the bumbo is that you can sit your baby inside it and work in the kitchen, laundry or anywhere around he house and be able to watch your baby at the same time.
Reliable, cute

Handy but not essiential.

Bought this seat as it had been recommended to me by friends who have babies and we were about to go travelling so the bumbo would be able to travel with us. Both my baby and my nephew were never big fans of it and unless they were feeding were not happy to sit in it and play. By 7 months my nephew was able to kick his feet on the floor and almost flip the seat over and by 8 months he could twist himself out of the seat altogether making it useless for even feeding.

So while it was handy to have with us as a space saver high chair or for places where high chairs were not available. Now that we are home and have a high chair it sits unused. For the price of the seat and tray I would just invest in a high chair.
Small, easy to clean, portable high chair.
Over rated as far as baby products go

Very versatile!

We use this with our 3 month old daughter for some sitting time - not too long, but helps her with her upper body strength. Used today with the tray & she was using toys to hit & make noise. Friends of ours have used as a portable chair for feeding too so looking forward to that.
Sturdy & no things to join together or assembly. Nothing for baby to catch or get stuck with either
Unable to use at height - which makes sense, but makes feeding a little tricky

Fabulous but not essential

We used our bumbo a lot for our first child Especially when starting solids as a little chair with the tray. It was also good for sitting in so she could see what was going on and play with toys on the tray. We also took it traveling to use instead of a highchair when we went on long trips with the car. I did enjoy using the bumbo when I was folding washing giving baby socks etc on the tray to play with.
Though with our second child I only used it a couple of times it sat in the lounge to be used but I found myself hardly putting him in it as he is a larger baby and his bottom would get stuck and well we played more on the floor. It certainly isn't an essential thing to buy for baby but if you do choose to buy one invest in the tray aswell so you can put toys on it for baby to play otherwise they are just sitting there.
Great to take traveling, fantastic to use when starting solids, great opportunity for baby's to sit up and play with items on the tray.
Price - they are expensive for something you use for a short amount of time.

Perfect feeding chair for baby just starting on solids!

I bought this for my 5 month old son who just start on eating solids lately, he can really sits on his own yet so this chair is perfect for his age, to help him to sit upright when introducing solids, and most importantly he loves it! This is perfect solution for baby who can't really sit by themselves and is too young to use a proper high chair, but which mean the lifespan of this product is not that great,as baby will soon start crawling out from the seat, and i find it just enough to fit in my 5mo son legs, once he get any bigger or start crawling, i have to switch him back to normal high chair.
Portable without any assembly work!
Short lifespan of usage before baby gets too big or start crawling out from the seat.

Not for us

I know alot of my friends swear by Bumbo but my baby did not want a bar of it.

It was a little concerning how easily he managed to climb out of it from a young age. We never put it on high surfaces so it wasn't a huge issue, it just made it a little useless. In saying that as he pulled himself out the sides or would thrust it way out it never tipped over and was very sturdy.

It is very easy to clean, the play tray is great and there are some fun colours! We are going to hang onto it and hope the next baby shows more interest.
Easy to clean, quite sturdy

Brilliant Baby Bumbo!

A fantstic, supportive seat for babies from around 4 months. Allows them to sit upright and be supported. I found it brilliant for helping reduce the "flat spot" on the back on my baby's head, and also for strenghtening his neck. It was also brilliant for feeding first solids at around 6 months.
Durable, stable, easy to clean

Versatile and comfortable! Life saver!

We had this given to us when my daughter was newborn. She is now over 2 and we still use it!! There was a period where she was too chubby for it but once the baby chub started to go she was straight back in it. Others have complained that your child needs supervision, ummm doesn't that go without question with any product? But yes you do need a little more as they will eventually be able to get out of it. Having said that though, I hated high chairs I found them a pain to clean and too big, thus our daughter still uses the bumbo to eat. I put it on the dining room chair and use it as support while she eats with us, yes I need to supervise her but I'm doing that by default..
Versatile- 4mths to over 2yrs, for a variety of uses!
It would be good if they had straps so you could secure it to chairs.