Bumbo Baby Seat

Bumbo Baby Seat (page 3 of 7)

Kylie_Embury

Kylie_EmburyLaunceston, TAS

Brilliant Baby Bumbo!

A fantstic, supportive seat for babies from around 4 months. Allows them to sit upright and be supported. I found it brilliant for helping reduce the "flat spot" on the back on my baby's head, and also for strenghtening his neck. It was also brilliant for feeding first solids at around 6 months.
Durable, stable, easy to clean

Renee S

Renee SSYDNEY

Versatile and comfortable! Life saver!

Mel07

Mel07Launceston

Good from 4-6mths then not so good

We purchased ours when bubba was 4mths & she loved it being able 2 sit up & see the world was very exciting for her. We used it all the time when cooking so she could see us. At 6mths she figured out how to lean back & get her feet under herself & push out!! We had a few close calls, she even managed to push her self out & land on the floor whilst we were right beside her with our heads turned just for a minute. Not sure I'll use it much anymore. A lot of money for only a couple months use.

Portable High Chairs / Booster Seats

Find out how Bumbo Baby Seat compares to other Portable High Chairs / Booster Seats

Sarah_emily83

Sarah_emily83AU

Love it!

We got a Bumbo for our second child and love it. It's so easy to feed them in, for them to play in and to clean. I know a lot of people with a Bumbo and they all love them and have had no complaints. They come in lots of great colours.
Portable, easy to use, safe, easy to clean.
Slightly expensive and rarely ever on special. But it was worth the buy.

Sally4444

Sally4444CANBERRA

Useful, but not for long

Useful from 4 months, especially when I needed to hang washing on the line. I would just pop my bubba into the bumbo so she could watch me. However, at 9 mths, she twisted herself out of the seat and hit her head on the floor, so stopped using it after that.
lightweight, small size
'adventurous' babies, who cannot yet sit unaided, can twist out of them, causing injury

Renae_Burns

Renae_BurnsAU

Love it, best buy

Easy to use, so many user options, can take anywhere. Shower, bath, floor, restaurant, nans. assists child in interaction with our other kids
So may user options.
Leg holes could be bigger

brodie7

brodie7NSW, 2322

My baby would sit with out it

Bumbo chair - $50.00 from Big W. I think at the time it was on speical.

Wow where have these little chairs been for the last ten years, Why didnt I have one when I was a child.

They help so much with feeding baby and letting them sit and watch the world go buy. The chair can go everywhere with you, easy to transport and not heavy to lift.
Efficient, Very easy to use

k2atza

k2atzaNSW, 2068

Fantastic little seat for first solid foods

Admittedly, this chair has a limited useful life for each child. There are a few months when they have started on solids, but they still seem a bit small / unstable for a highchair and they need a little extra support, and this is where the Bumbo fits in.
I've just sold mine after 3 children in a row sat in it for their introduction to solid foods (with loans to other babies in between) over a period of 6 years. So I'm pretty happy with the use it got.
Holds them nice and snug and upright, very easy to clean, durable, simple.
Limited useful life for each child, but as explained, this was not a huge issue.

JsCa30

JsCa30

Bad

The bumbo is a cute idea. The colour range is great, and it is made of comfy materials. My daughter got one as a gift when she was 6 months old, and used it for a week. After that week she kept trying to wriggle out of it, and it just wasn't safe, even though it was always used on the floor. If you have a wriggle worm, I wouldn't bother, because as it has no safety harness it is just to hard to keep them in. Because you can't really get that much use out of it, I don't really think it is worth the money at all.
Funky colours
Price, length of being able to use

will_rachelle

will_rachelle

Lucy_Lou

Lucy_Lou

OK

I have had many mothers strongly recommend the bumbo but my active baby turned out not to like being constrained by the bumbo (or baby rockers, swings etc). Therefore ours sat in the corner of the loungeroom and was rarely used. However, I am sure it would be great for some babies. Caution: My baby quickly worked out how to roll her way out of the chair so required close supervision.
Lightweight, allows baby to sit up before they can support themselves
The play tray can be a little awkward to attach. It is only useful for a short period of time.

TaraFadhil

TaraFadhilAU

te

I bought this for my daughter when she was 3 months old. Unfortunately she couldn't sit upright in it without assistance, she would just lean to one side and cry because the side of the seat was hurting her arm. It hardly ever got used. By 4 months I would put her in it and she could sit upright but would 'bail out' the side of the seat. Now at 5 months she still isn't keen on it but she is starting to sit by herself anyway, so regardless we won't be needing it any more.
Its good for 5 mins until she gets sick of it.
Its possible for a baby to escape of the side, by the time she could sit upright in it she was almost sitting by herself anyway.

Amanda E

Amanda EMELBOURNE

Initally thought it was good but now not so sure

I had several friends rave to me about the bumbo and I was given one as a baby shower present. We used it quite a bit but when my son was about 8-9 months I had him in it and he managed to twist sideways and fall out sideways onto his face!! I have also recently seen some reviews on it with people havin similar experiences. Not sure I will use it again if I have another one.
Good support rather than them having to always be lying on the ground (when they are young) or someone holding them
As mentioned above my son was able to get out of it

Cle076
Cle076

I have 2 children, for my first son it was Great. For my 2nd son, he climbed out, couldn't use it for long. My Friends Loved them. It really depends on the Individual child. Use caution, as with anything.

kfmcnm

kfmcnm

Bad

I think this one item I could have done without. It was easy to clean and use but I felt it was somewhat restrictive for baby. When baby was sitting in it they couldn't reach forward properly to grab a toy. I found that it was quite hot for baby in summer. It is easy and light to transport but does take up a lot of room if you are going on holidays and want to take it with you. Overall my baby didn't like it.
It was useful to give baby a look at the world around them.
Only used for a very short period.

savymum

savymumAU

Fantastic, a must have

I bought this chair for our baby when he started insisting on sitting up but wasn't quite strong enough to do so yet and it has been just fabulous. It helps baby sit upright and is lovely and padded for them. The play tray means you can use it as a portable highchair. I would highly recommend this one.
Comfortable, safe for baby, excellent for helping them get the strength to sit upright

mamaderoz

mamaderozGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Such a great invention!

I purchased this for my 6 mth old so she could strengthen her neck and learn to sit up. I wish I had got it earlier as they can be used from 4 mths. it was great I took it everywhere when I was visiting friends etc and she felt so proud of herself. and was sitting solo a month later.
durable and comfy
its smooth finish was a bit sticky and in the summer heat + shorts, it was hard to get her out.

Agerl75

Agerl75AU

Best baby product ever

The Bumbo seat is absolutely great, we had our three children in this from a couple of months going on to 2 years. It supports their back and gives them structure so they can sit up without help. They love this position and gives us Mums the benefit of them not being able to move around and still be comfortable. Great present or just buy it for yourself.
Colours, structure

Good, but only useful for short time

Great product, good for 4 - 8 month age where they are learning to sit and get sick of lying down but by 7 mths my DS was wriggling out of it as there is no belt or harness. Not really a highchair substitute, more a convenience seat for bubs not quite sitting on their own, but once they can it becomes a colourful ornament. I suppose for mums that need every accessory it will be a must-have but if you're more of an 'essentials only' kind of mum I would say don't bother.
Simple, easy to clean
Easy to escape, useful for a short time only

misterixoxo

misterixoxoQld, 4869

Great for reflux babies

My son has severe GORD (a form of reflux) so it was great to get him upright as he was totally unable to lay down flat at all. Would recommend you get the tray as it's great for books and toys, sit opposit and haved fun interacting with baby eye to eye.
Sits them up for a new perspective. Great as a 'first highchair' when starting solids. Portable so can come with you on trips. Easy to clean.
My son's chubby legs were soon too big to fit into his bumbo so we had to cut our time with it short. Can force babies upright too early, always follow age guidelines. Never put a baby anywhere apart from the floor, friend did this and her daughter rocked her way off the kitchen counter!

bulla

bullaNSW, 2096

Great at feeding time!

The bumbo seat is perfect at feeding time - I can place it anywhere & it's very easy to clean. I bought the tray too, but have found it a little fiddly to put on & remove so haven't used it very much.
Colour choices, easy to clean & portable.
Tray can be fiddly to remove / put on.