Bunnik Tours

Bunnik Tours (page 2 of 4)

Jewels of Dalmatia 26 August - what a wonderful tour!!

Just back home from a wonderful tour of Croatia, Bosnia and Slovenia. The tour was the best....the mix of our new "friends" and the leadership of our tour director Branko made it a very memorable holiday. Nineteen of us - ranging from mid forties to seventies - helped create a fun trip with all enjoying the great sense of humour of our tour director who really did "get" the aussie humour. The scenery was breathtaking!! Lead by our Branko...we enjoyed absolutely beautiful scenery in Plitvice Lakes, Lake Bled, mountain tops, beautiful gorges and other stops along the way that were photobook worthy. Too many to name....loved it all. Nevres - our bus driver - delivered us safely through the tour on a large bus. The tour was very well structured. Enough free time for me to engage in another favourite activity....shopping! It was nice to have two nights in every stop with three nights in Dubrovnik. We did had some early starts....but it wasn't constant. Travel days on the bus, the free time in cities, included special dinners and local walking tours made the pace of the tour a very enjoyable experience. I wish I could do it again!!!

Dear Therese, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of travelling on our Jewels of Dalmatia tour on this platform. It sounds like you had a wonderful group of people to travel with, lead by the lovely Branko - I bet lots of laughs were had along the way! We design our itineraries to include not only the essential sites, but also some free time, unique places and not too many early mornings and it’s very pleasing to know that this was how you experienced the tour and of course it’s always nice to fit in a little bit of shopping… All feedback that we receive is taken seriously and very much appreciated, we’ll pass on your comments to our agent as Branko and Nevres will be thrilled. Thank you again Therese for posting a review and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Warm regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Sri Lankan Discovery - Kandy Festival

Very enjoyable experience and our Tour Guide Thushara was efficient, friendly, supportive and organised. An excellent Tour guide albeit sometimes he did not have full grasp of english language.Standard of accommodation was very good and overall the best we have encountered on our travels. The hotel in Kandy was a great central venue to view the procession from reserved seating, The variety of sights visited made the tour interesting and enlightening. Maximum of 2 night stays in most places was welcomed and appreciated. . Booked the trip through our Travel Agent and the process was seamless and easy.Well done again Bunnik.

Sri Lankan Discovery - Kandy Festival

Definitely travelling with this incredible company again. I have never experienced such a well organised travel experience. Exceptional service from guide Priya, assistant and our wonderful bus driver in challenging road conditions.
Loved the small group experience; modern coach with ample leg room and even wifi connection! Yes, we discovered Sri Lankan from it's past to present. What a diverse and unique country - a must now before it becomes a modern Singapore! The Kandy Festival was definitely the high light - a spectacle like no other. Prime seats provided for viewing. Loved it so much returned to view festival from hotel window the following night.

I stayed on for several more nights at my own expense and was delighted that Bunnick provided transport back to airport - where I was met by their representative and helped through immigration - now that is impressive!

If you love history, philosophy and Asia - you can't beat this tour company - SIMPLE THE BEST!!! I have already booked Egypt next year!!!!

Dear Georgina, Wow! Thank you for this wonderful review of your time in Sri Lanka during the Kandy Festival. I couldn't agree more that now is the time to go as the hotels are going up fast, which is great for their tourism industry of course but with that comes the inevitable change. The Kandy Festival it really is the highlight of the year for Sri Lankans and something very special for visitors to their country and we're so pleased to hear how much you loved it. Thank you for trusting us with your trip to Egypt next year, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time as it's another incredible and unique destination. Thanks again for taking the time to post a review - we appreciate it so much! Warm regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Inaugural Northern Sri Lanka Tour

I had signed up to receive Bunnik’s mailings online, having been told about the company by a friend who travelled to Europe last year. Having grown up in Colombo, with family who worked as colonial administrators in Jaffna in the early 20th Century, I was delighted to see the Northern Sri Lanka tour being offered, and called the 1800 number for more details. I was given all the info I needed by Hayley, and completed my booking online. All the pre tour paperwork and preparation was presented efficiently, and in a timely fashion, and any queries I had were answered immediately. Loved my Bunnik’s backpack, and the trip itself was fantastic, with fabulous guide Priya Peiris happy to discuss a range of topics, and introduce us to a range of experiences. This was the inaugural Northern Sri Lanka tour, so was a chance to be a bit adventurous, and also have input into plans for future tours. What a fantastic chance to visit this beautiful country and meet so many friendly and generous people, I can’t recommend it highly enough.

February 10th, 2019 Update: From highlight to highlight, a fantastic introduction to a country and culture, Highlights of Ethiopia Tour

Having travelled with Bunnik before, I had high expectations of this tour, but they were exceeded! From booking to safe arrival home, everything was seamless, paperwork was made easy, and the itinerary was superbly managed by our extremely experienced, charismatic and knowledgeable guide , Abye, who ceaselessly worked to ensure our safety and comfort, and also shared his passion for his homeland. He constantly reviewed our itinerary, as well as individual interests to ensure that we got maximum value from each experience, and encouraged the local guides to contribute their knowledge and understanding as well. I cannot speak too highly of this tour, but suggest that fellow travellers pay attention to the guidelines provided before booking, and honestly review their health and fitness levels before embarking, as it was quite physically challenging in parts.

Ease of Booking
Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Accomodation, Flights, Insurance and Tour
Dear Deb, We’re so happy to receive your great review of our inaugural Northern Sri Lanka tour! Your passion and enthusiasm can be felt through your descriptions of travelling through beautiful Sri Lanka with the legendary Priya. Having grown up in Colombo yourself and having historical family connections in Jaffna I imagine this would have added a very special dimension to your experience. We’re so pleased to hear that you loved the backpack too! Thanks again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to hearing from you whenever you may require our assistance in the future. Until then happy and safe travels, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care ManagerThanks for this, I’m looking forward to travelling to Ethiopia with Bunnik’s in January!Oh that's wonderful and I am a little envious as it's a place I would love to see one day too - have a fabulous time! Kind regards, Julie

Egypt Nile Cruise Tour

The Tour was a Small group tour - land tours with River cruise on Nile river. Booked through Cruiseabout travel agency.

From the minute we landed in Cairo we had a Bunnik representative meet us in the customs area of the airport, who then guided us through the complex entry into Egypt. Bunnik representatives also met the tour bus & ship at each local accommodation point. We felt safe the entire trip and the security measures that Egypt has in place are very impressive. The guide 'Ibrahim Ali Selim' was fantastic, he was extremely knowledgeable regarding ancient Egypt (has a Phd) and is very passionate about Egypt and its culture. Would love to see the tourism improve.

Would highly recommend this tour and the time to go is now (but not in summer)

Dear Ken, Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience of travelling to Egypt with us. Ibrahim is a very experienced guide and Egyptologist and has been guiding our tours for some years now and it’s great to read your comments about him. Tourism to Egypt is improving which is just brilliant and it is gaining momentum which we are very excited about! We’re so pleased that you loved your time in Egypt and we very much appreciate your fantastic review. Warm regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Greece and its incredible history...Thank you Bunniks

Another great Bunnik Adventure...did this back to back after the Jewels of Dalmatia. Steeped in Ancient History, incredible ruins and amazing artefacts. Local Guides who were passionate about their country and full of knowledge made it an incredible experience!! Once again, thank you Katherine at Bunniks for your time, patience and expertise in organising another great trip!!

Dear Lorraine, Welcome home! It was so great to hear about your time travelling on our Jewels of Dalmatia and Greece in Depth tours. We loved hearing how much you enjoyed both tours and that the guides were passionate and full of knowledge which made it an incredible experience for you. Thank you for choosing to travel with Bunnik Tours once again and I will be sure to let Katherine know how much you appreciated all of her efforts in planning your holiday. I'm sure you must have many wonderful memories from your time in Europe and lots of photos to sort through! Thanks again, we really do appreciate the great review. Warm regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Trip of a lifetime!!!

Three of us ladieswent on the 21 day highlights of South America small group tour with14 others who took the same trip. It was absolutly amazing.Bunniks provide the very best of everything. The accomidation in every place was top class, the excursions were fabulous, the buses,trains boats and all other transport was great.We had the best guide you could wish for called Ivonne from Cusco,who was not only a gorgious person but knew the history of the Incas like the back of her hand!!!! All in all couldnt have wished for more ,and the group were great fun.
Thank you BUNNIKS and thank you Katherine and staff for the top job with all our bookings.. GO DO THE TRIP!!!!! CHEERS
KERRY JACOBY

Dear Kerry, Thanks for your awesome review - by the sound of it the three of you had a ball!! We’ve received such great feedback from others on your tour as everyone got along so well and seemed to have enjoyed every minute. South America is a big destination and to see the best of it in 21 days is a feat in itself but this itinerary is one highlight after another and you certainly saw them all. It’s so very satisfying for us to read such joyous comments from our passengers so thank you from all of us here for making our day and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on another one of our tours in the future. Kindest regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care ManagerCheers Julie,. Will have no hesitation in recommending Bunniks to anyone and no hesitation in booking my next trip with you!!!Thanks again Kerry - we'll look forward to hearing from you when you're ready! Julie

This was a very very good trip highly recommended

Vietnam and Cambodia in depth
Booked our trip through Helloworld very easy to book including the extended holiday at the end

Dear Graeme, Thanks for letting us know you had an easy time with the booking process for your Vietnam and Cambodia tour. I trust that you came home with lots of photos and some wonderful memories that you can share with your family and friends. Thanks for trusting Bunnik Tours with your holiday and we hope to be able to welcome you back sometime soon! Kindest regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Highly recommend Egypt & Jordan In Depth Bunnik Tours

Needing a tour that was not going to be cancelled due to lack of numbers we rang and spoke to Bunnik Tours. Their representative was most helpful in providing us with information and providing us with a costing for a land content only tour as it was to fill the gap between two other legs of our overseas holiday. We booked directly with Bunnik Tours but later had the booking transferred to our travel agent who was arranging all our flights to link our holiday sectors together and who had suggested Bunnik Tours to us in the first place.
The Bunnik tour was 1st Class all the way including the accommodations. We actually had our own private tour as we were the only ones booked for that tour. Our drivers and guides were excellent and we felt perfectly safe 100% of the time. We met another Bunnik group of 3 on the Nile cruise and they were just as happy as we were with their tour. As a result of our experiences we would not hesitate in recommending Bunnik Tours for Jordan and Egypt and are telling our friends and family exactly that.
We believe our interest in the history and places in Jordan & Egypt was met with even more enthusiasm & information as the guides were proud of their countries and happy to have us so interested. A couple of times the itinerary was massaged to accommodate sand storms causing a delayed flight to Luxor and cancelling the day to Abu Simbel. The guides just switched the days activities with another and we got to see it all.
Thank you Bunnik Tours.

Dear Liz, Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your time spent travelling on our Egypt & Jordan in Depth tour. We were so pleased to read how much you enjoyed discovering the amazing sites that these two incredible countries have to offer. Here at Bunnik Tours we understand the value of our clients’ personal experiences. A successful tour is certainly a team effort which is why all feedback that we receive is read by every staff member as we are all invested in our clients' holidays being nothing short of amazing. The guides in Egypt and Jordan really are something special as their depth of knowledge is hard to match! Thank you again for your great review and for recommending us to your family and friends - we hope to be able to welcome you back soon. Warm regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

South America, with Galapagus, Easter Island, Bariloche Lakes, Patagonia, Mendoza Wine Region includ

Booked over the phone this was our first trip with Bunnik and we will be tripping with them again in 2 years to Central America and the Barbados Island region. The guides were amazing along with the accommodation and the itinerary, and by guides I am referring to our 2 main guides, Carlos and Carlos on our South American 36 day tour and as well each of our bus drivers, local guides, including the guides that picked us up and took us to airports were all just great at what they did - felt very comfortable with all arrangements because they made it so easy. The accommodation was fabulous and of a very good standard - loved it. I cannot say good enough things about the whole booking except to endorse the fact that we will be going with Bunnik again at the beginning of 2020. This trip was a trip of a lifetime and met all our expectations.

Dear Michele, I was just so pleased to read your review of your epic South American adventure! Thanks ever so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on this forum we appreciate it so much. I enjoyed our chat upon your return home and hearing about the fabulous time you and your friends had travelling together. We very much look forward to hearing from you when you are ready to start planning your trip to Central America. Warmest regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Memorable and inspiring holiday

My tour "Colours of Rajasthan" was amazing and I would recommend this trip to anyone who wants to visit India.Everything went smoothly from start to finish.I highly commend all persons involved in arranging this awe inspiring tour.I booked online and the travel consultant that I dealt with was extremely helpful,professional and nothing was too much trouble for her.Thank you.Accommodation in Rajasthan was well above my expectations and I cannot speak more highly of the tour guides.They obviously are very proud of their country and were more than happy to share their knowledge with me.

Dear Audrey, Thanks so much for your great review of our Colours of Rajasthan tour! I’m so pleased to hear that your entire experience with us from booking through to your time in India was a great one. India is one of those destinations that has to be experienced as it’s so difficult to explain what it feels like to be there as all aspects of life are unfolding around you. Personally it's one of my favourite places. We’ll make sure to pass on your comments to our guides in India as I’m sure it’ll make their day. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of India with us and we very much look forward to having the opportunity of helping you plan your next travel adventure! Kind regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care ManagerThank you Julie.I did forget to mention the driver and his assistant of the bus.They were excellent and I would like to pass on my thanks to them.Hi Audrey, Thank you so much for remembering about them too as they do an excellent job! Will be sure to pass this along also. Best regards, Julie

The holiday of a lifetime!

I just loved the tour Cairo to Zanzibar. I have never been on a small group tour before and I'm sold! My travel companions were great company, which was important in a group of three! The small size of the group meant that you always had the attention of your guide and and could always hear what was being said. The guides were flexible in order to meet the needs of the group. The guides were also well qualified and never seem to lack knowledge.

It is hard to say what part of this wonderful trip was the best. Egypt with its ancient history and monuments was mind blowing. The short stopover in Zanzibar was rejuvenating and I appreciated learning the shameful history of Zanzibar - the slave trade. Nevertheless, I think on reflection I would have to nominate Kenya as being the highlight for me. From the magnificent scenery, to the incredible wildlife and finally the beautiful and friendly people of Kenya.

Finally, the organisation by Bunnik was excellent. I appreciated the effort to help me organise further travel once the tour was finished.

Dear Jacqueline, Thank you so much for posting a wonderful review of your Cairo to Zanzibar tour! We are so happy to hear that you got along so well with the others in your group and that you found the organisation to be excellent. The combination of these very unique destinations makes this tour a stand out in our program and as you say it is hard to pick a favourite. I have been fortunate to have visited these places also although on separate trips. Seeing them all on the one tour would have been incredible. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences, we appreciate it so much and hope to have the opportunity to help you plan your next adventure! Yours sincerely, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Cairo to Zanzibar.Amazing!

We booked this tour rather than travelling independently as we usually do because of security issues in that part of the world. As it turned out we needn't have worried, as there were no issues anywhere we went. Our small group ended up being a threesome: my husband and I and one other lady. It was lucky we all got on well otherwise this could have spoilt the experience a little. As it was we had a fantastic time.
In Egypt we had 2 great guides-Shereen in Cairo and Hassan on the Nile cruise. Both knew their stuff and were able to bring life to the carved friezes depicting the daily life in Egypt. Being a small group meant we could always hear our guide and ask questions at the various sights. We were also able to experience local foods at local cafes and take away places, rather than sticking to the strictly tourist places as it was easy for 3 of us to reach a consensus. Egypt was amazing. Everything you had seen in the history books was there in front of you.
Our next stop Zanzibar was laid back and relaxing. A great change after chaotic Cairo. Relaxing by the pool or overlooking the beach watching the "beach boys" (locals dressed in traditional garb plus fluoro sunglasses and sandals!) at Kiwengewa was idyllic, and gave us a chance to recharge the batteries before our final leg to Kenya.
We were absolutely blown away by Kenya. Firstly the wildlife. At our first stop Samburu, we saw everything except cheetahs, leopards and rhino. The animals felt safe and had no fear of the safari vehicles, simply continuing on with their regular activities as we watched on. There is something magic in watching a wild baby elephant learning how to pull up grass to eat, or watching lion cubs peeping at us over their mothers flank after feeding. Our lodge had visiting monkeys , baboons, mongooses and antelopes which were such a novelty for us. The next few lodges each had their own particular types of wildlife. At Lake Nakuru we got up close (really close) to a large group of white rhino and also had another opportunity to see 2 lions and their cubs sitting right on the track. At Lake Naivasha there were antelopes,zebra and giraffes grazing around the lodges, while at night hippos would also come up from the lake to graze. Masai Mara was beautiful. Rolling plains of grass (even in the dry season) with herds of antelopes, buffalo, zebras, elephants (many with young) and giraffes. We also saw lions and cheetahs with their kills, Secondly the people. The Kenyans were all so warm and friendly. Our guide/driver Muli was well respected, highly experienced and a lovely guy. Being with him each day enabled us to really get too know him. He tried SOOO hard to find a leopard but they were not cooperating.
Seeing the way the locals live in all three places we visited was very eye opening. It made us realise just how lucky we are living in Australia. We didn't begrudge the tips paid for every service under the sun, particularly when small change to us is a days wage for them.
Accommodation everywhere was very good, ranging from brand new luxury in Nairobi to fairly basic at Samburu (though the general ambiance more than compensated for this) Most meals were smorgasbords so there was something available to suit all tastes.The special experiences included while in .Kenya. the visit to the Samburu village and our final dinner under the stars were wonderful.
Overall an amazing trip that I would highly recommend.

Dear Wendy, Thanks very much for your marvellous review! Your descriptions of the various places you visited are evocative and makes it easy to imagine everything you describe. In fact I was in Kenya a year ago with Muli and I really enjoyed reading about your trip as it brought it all back. It’s a pity that you didn’t see a leopard but then again that’s all part of the fun of being there as no matter how great at spotting the guides are there’s never a guarantee of seeing the Big 5 – we didn’t get to see any rhino when we were there. This tour is one of my favourites as the mix of Egypt, Kenya and Zanzibar is really hard to beat in terms of the incredible experiences they provide. We’re just thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed discovering these fabulous places in your small group of 3. Thank you again for taking the time to post such a great review of your Cairo to Zanzibar, we appreciate it very much! Kind regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

My "Driving Miss Daisy" experience.

A Bunnik's small group tour of Egypt & Jordan I had booked, morphed into an independent, solo Jewels of Jordan tour for 8 days, through unexpected personal circumstances. Flights, hotels, site tours, and a driver were duly organised through Atlas Tours in Amman. I admit to being a tad concerned with the "Driving Miss Daisy" concept, however the entire trip was made extraordinary by the kind attention of young Yousef, my driver, not only because of his exceptional driving skills in all sorts of traffic conditions, but his care in finding me the best local guides at sites. 40 years age difference, but we shared many laughs. The hotels were excellent, the itinerary covered everything I had yearned to see, and I am recommending Jordan as a destination to all, be it as part of a group, independentally or solo.

Dear Lynne, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about your time in Jordan. We’re so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time with Yousef and that it turned out to be a more relaxed version of “Driving Miss Daisy”! Yousef is a wonderful guide indeed and we’ll be sure to pass on your comments to him. From the sound of it you have many fond and lasting memories from your time in Jordan and we hope to welcome you back sometime soon. Kind regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Wonderful.Best ofSouth America and the Galapagos. Nov/Dec 2017

We have just returned from an amazing tour of South America and the Galapagos, our first with Bunnick. From the time of our first phone contact we were impressed with the efficiency and courtesy of all staff from the consultants in Adelaide through to our fantastic tour leader, Jesus, and the knowledgeable and pleasant local guides
The one negative aspect of this tour which covers such a huge geographical area is that it included many flights and a lot of time was spent in airports.
In most cases the places we visited and the accommodation chosen exceeded all our expectations, with many breathtaking experiences.

Dear Brenda, Welcome home! It was our absolute pleasure to help you with planning your trip to South America and we’re thrilled to hear that you found Jesus to be fantastic and that your accommodation and the places you visited exceeded your expectations. Due to the distances covered on this tour there are several flights included as it's simply unavoidable. As you rightly pointed out, the tour covers a huge geographical area which means the amount of air travel is greater on this tour than others in our program. Thank you again for your wonderful review of our Best of South America & the Galapagos tour, we hope you’ve returned home with lots of great memories to share with your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back again one day. Kindest regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Fantastic Egypt in Depth tour - 16 November to 1 December 2017

Tour organisation from initial booking to finish was excellent and well-executed. The actual tour was wonderful and real value for money. Friendly responsive staff, excellent accommodation, impeccable service, safe and seamless travel, expert guides and amazing itinerary. Egypt was amazing.

Dear Frequent Traveller, We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time in Egypt. Tourists are now returning to this fascinating country which is great news for the Egyptians, as you will have seen. Egypt holds a special place for all of us at Bunnik Tours and we are so pleased that you feel the same way. Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience of travelling to Egypt with Bunnik Tours, we appreciate it very much. Kind regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Colours of Rajasthan - October 2017

This was our first tour with Bunnik Tours. The booking system was very easy & our consultant was always available, helpful and had been to India and could offer real, been there, advice. All arrangements worked perfectly. Our guide, coach driver and assistant, were wonderful - couldn’t do enough to help us. Hotels really good, itinerary excellent.in short, everything worked perfectly. Cannot speak highly enough of this company. Rajasthan is an amazing place and so worth visiting.

Dear Lesley, Thanks so very much for your wonderful review about your recent time in India. Whenever we receive a review on this website it’s read by all Bunnik Tours’ staff and I expect we’ll all be walking with a little more spring in our step today after reading your review! We never tire of hearing about our clients’ holiday experiences, in fact it’s why we do what we do. It’s great to know that everything went perfectly for you from your guide, driver, hotels and itinerary. Having been fortunate myself to have visited India a number of times I can wholeheartedly agree that it’s a place worth visiting and the people are just beautiful too. We would love for you to consider Bunnik Tours for your future travel plans and hope we can assist in arranging another memorable adventure for you! Kindest regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Japan Discovery Holiday - 4th to 20th Nov 2017

Bunnik (Japan Discovery) lived up to all expectations - small group size, diverse experiences, great accommodation and modes of transport and best of all, a fantastic tour guide - Akiko. She was a real delight, well prepared and a great source of information. I would recommend Bunnik Tours, I enjoyed a memorable holiday with "new" friends.

Dear Marg, Thank you so much for your great review of our Japan Discovery tour! Lovely Akiko is receiving some wonderful reviews on this forum and it’s well deserved. It’s great to hear that she was a delightful tour guide with lots of information to impart to everyone. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back again day! Kindest regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

Japan Discovery Tour

I have just returned from a fantastic Bunnik Tour in Japan, that I booked through our local travel agent. The tour was well paced and travel was by either bus or train. Our tour guide, Akiko, was the best tour guide I have experienced. She was very knowledgeable and friendly and well organised. We were there in Japan's autumn and the red, orange and yellow leaves were stunning. I don't think the cherry blossom in spring could top the variety of colours in the autumn leaves - but maybe I will have to go back and check! The hotels booked by Bunnik were at main train stations, which made free time travel reasonably easy for those venturous enough to be independent. The only exception to this was the two nights we stayed in Hakone at a traditional Japanese Inn where we were treated to two formal dinners, after being given time to bathe in the hot springs at the end of our days out. We were fortunate to see Mt Fuji in all her glory, as there was no cloud hovering over her, when we visited. Our farewell dinner was a rather loud affair as there were several 'singers' amongst the tour party. Mary D.

Dear Mary, How fortunate that you saw Mt Fuji in such perfect weather conditions, I bet your photos are stunning! We’re so happy to read your comments about your guide Akiko, we also think she’s pretty special. Japan has so much to offer with the changing of the seasons and you can visit there several times and experience it quite differently each time. Autumn colours or spring blossom…it’s very hard to decide between the two. Choosing hotels near to public transport is an element we build into our tours to enable independent exploration during the free time that we build into our tours. We find that people often like to pair up or group together to do this. We’re really happy to know that you made use of this option and got out and about by yourselves. Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review of your Japan Discovery tour we really appreciate it and we look forward to welcoming you back one day soon! Kind regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik Customer Care Manager

A Taste of Sri Lanka. Blown away with this great country.

We ended up going on this trip as a sort of "accident".
Friends had a relative doing volunteer work in Sri Lanka and they found the Bunnik tour and booked. Despite not having Sri Lanka on our radar, we looked at it and is seemed pretty good.

It was!

The tour was well paced, a bit rushed in week 1 perhaps, but don't know how it could have been done differently.
Plenty of +1 nights in locations especially Sigiriya which we used for 'hub and spoke outings'.
The variety of scenery is immense and spectacular and very changeable especially in the highlands.
Really had no idea about the vast history of the country. The visits to the Polonnaruwa National Park and Anuradhapura were highlights.
Elephant and tiger spotting safari parks were a real highlight too.

Accommodation and transport were very good. Bus had heaps of room.

Our guide, Priyr, was a delight. Great love of his land came through and his knowledge and attention to detail was exceptional.

Would I recommend this tour? Absolutely!

July 5th 2018 Update: Moscow to Prague. Do your self a favour - get on board

Starts on Moscow (wonderful clean and exciting city) then to Saint Petersburg ( teriffic city and so easy to navigate), then three wonderful Baltic countries before Belarus and Poland.
Loved every day.
Small groups is a real winner and we had a full size coach so we could stretch out.
Great tour. Highly recommend.

Dear Alistair, Thanks so much for your great review of our Taste of Sri Lanka tour. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the variety of the scenery and learning about the history of the country from Priya. (We agree that he’s pretty special). It might be of interest for you to know that we have included two new tours to Sri Lanka in our new brochure – Northern Sri Lanka (with Priya) and a special culinary departure called Flavours of Sri Lanka which departs in May of next year. Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate it so much and are so pleased that you enjoyed your time in beautiful Sri Lanka. Kindest regards, Julie Moran-Bunnik