Bunnings Warehouse

Bunnings Warehouse Questions & Answers (page 4 of 12)

Retail Stores, Online Store, MarketLink

231 questions from our users

Fiona B.

Fiona B.asked

Bunnings Warehouse

I want to take something back but I bought it 10 months ago I still have the receipt so will I get my money back

Fired Up

Only one way to find out.

micheal

Take it into a store & ask

Peter A.
Peter A.

If no receipt don't waste ur time trying. Try selling on Gumtree. If is not use still in box Bunning's good deeds to costumers most likely will refund u, You have to try

Verushka M.

Verushka M.asked

Bunnings Warehouse

Can Bunnings re-print receipts if the originals got misplaced?

Logically speaking...No

why dont you ask them

DM p'edoff

No, and they do suggest you copy your receipts as they may fade. Not great, but I bet you own a smart phone and this better than a photo of your lunch.

Carol

Carolasked

Do bunnings do lay-by?

James M.

James M.asked

Bunnings Warehouse

What is bunnings opening hours in rosebud Victoria

Meriet pattison
Meriet pattison

From 7 am - 9 pm

Fired Up

Same as listed on their website

wiremup

wiremupasked

Bunnings Warehouse

can i use my bunning credit card in every state in Australia

bill bayley

I suppose you can Why dont you ask at the store

Powerpass? Yes

Queenieasked

Bunnings Warehouse

Do I need fertiliser too? Potted my plant in Searles Premium potting mix which feeds & has water crystals!

Queenie

What a very rude &stupid answer!!! It's the 1st ever plant I've had. I didn't read packaging as friends did it all for me as I'm disabled !!!! So how about you post this on your site !!!

Queenie

Oh & the reason I got a plant was to have a living thing in place to look at in place of my Mother who passed away recently. It's to honour her memory. Carissa D.

Queenie

Thanks for your support. Yes, people are far too judgemental these days, not even stopping to wonder what may be behind a situation. Thankfully there are still thoughtful people like you out there!!! We need them in this world, as most think of themselves , but we'll only survive with the caring thoughtful ones. May your life be beautiful.

Andrew Jacksonasked

Bunnings Warehouse

Why does Bunnings have such poor quality products even when superior quality is available?
Why are some branded products sold by Bunnings lower in quality than the same branded product sold elsewhere?

Andrew Jackson

What I am expecting is for Bunning’s category managers who resent the fact that they are forced to buy Bunnings Quality products to bring the issue to the attention of Bunnings Senior Management.

george

because everything is made cheap in china

phillip c.
phillip c.

Andrew I don't know. I do know that I need a hardware shop, and Bunnings are the one closest at just 3 kms.
Next closest is 6 kms.

I expect that Bunnings rely on aggressive TV adds (the instant an AFL goal is kicked, I'm looking at some guy in an apron telling me all about his job at Bunnings) which must have an effect. A new one born every minute sales people used to say. They don't switch to TV adds if only a point is kicked, so I guess Bunnings prefer goals.

They must be loosing money from theft, because you can tell staff don't even know you are a regular customer, and do lame half baked bag searches as a "reward" for your loyalty - with no sense this might offend.

This theft is perhaps compensated for by selling some low quality goods which they buy cheap from manufacturers in bulk.

Bobasked

Bunnings Warehouse

Hi, I had a strange experience yesterday at bunnings. I have been a customer for decades and had a weird interaction with returns/exchanges I always shop at bunnings, and own several tools etc, that I purchased from them. I keep all receipts that are relevant for potential warranty issues. (I photocopy them, and keep them in a filing cabinet) the rest of receipts for consumables/globes/retic/fertiliser fade and become a nuisance, so I stopped keeping them years ago. I realise that the economic climate is bad, and there is a lot of theft out there, so with a grain of salt I take the situation on, but am curious as to the customer service philosophies?
What happened is as follows: I have just recently made the decision with my wife to demolish and rebuild our house. (relevant in my situation) Thus, I have been packing and discarding many items in preparation of moving after 10 years. First,(2 weeks ago) I found a bunch of spare globes, took them to bunnings as per their return policy and got an exchange voucher.(The policy is clear with DL (ID)) and I was really appreciative). Then as I got through the house, I found some travel locks I purchased for an overseas trip last summer, and same thing returned for a credit voucher(1 week ago). Yesterday, I finished going through my garage, and found an unused tin of decking oil, a 30 metre hose, and various retic parts still in packaging. I happily brought them in to exchange for some shelving for the rental house, and I was told that my exchange amount was over a $300 limit(it was $301.) and that the lady would need authorisation from a manager. I am comfortable with all of this, however they took my drivers license for about 10 mins, made some phone calls and then almost said nothing but you can go. I asked is there a voucher available, and the manage/supervisor said no, and that our "loss prevention will be in contact". He gave me my license back, and I asked him if he could explain this? and he said no, thanks, goodbye.
Now I may seem unfazed by this, but as a retailer myself I feel that there has been a customer service/communication breakdown whereby the customer is eliminated from the communication loop. I get that there is pilfering out there, I get that bunnings' return policy is fair, but I dont appreciate the insinuation that I am fraudulent in any way. I would happily have bunnings "Loss prevention" come over and see the mess my house is in whilst preparing to move. As a side note, I was returning a 4lt tin of deck oil, and a 30 metre hose, and various small items.( the retic parts could get stolen, but how can someone steal a 4 lt tin and large hose?) I really dont care about the return, and struggle to understand how bunnings can even have that policy, but I am unhappy about the insinuations of fraud. I would happily have a further discussion with someone from bunnings about it, and hope they realise, that us older family men can easily use the good graces of their returns policy.
Thanks for reading. rgds

DM p'edoff

Don't vent here, contact Bunnings head office.
and
(1) $301, lol should have just put $2 of bolts back in your pocket and say it's now $299 and tell them Loss Prevention will need to contact your Solicitor.
(2) About the TV cable: If you had left the store the security can ask you to check your bag, but you do not have to comply as they do not have a sign saying it is a condition of entry clearly visible at the entrances. This is a little different in the case of theft, but they have to clearly see you put in your bag etc and had you in full view until you left the store and up to the time they talked to you. As they didn't they took a big risk as you could have made quite a fuss and if you could be bothered made a claim for damages. (Too late for that now as it is now just he said, she said. At the time they would have tried to justify what they did and made things worse for themselves).

Dearest DM P'edoff,

First, I did try to reduce amount from $300, and was told I couldn't(incidentally I sent same feedback to bunnings corporate and the manager rang me within half hour) explained the staff-member lied, and that the Loss prevention issue was relating to the fact that I had done a similar return (no receipt) a week previously. I had done these 2 returns as I am demolishing and rebuilding, and had cleaned out my garage as I moved out, taking advantage of the no receipt return policy. (By the way I am a retailer and don't agree with this policy, but its there and I used it!) After looking at my drivers license details, and discussing further The manager realised and assured me that I didn't fit the profile of the issue that they have with stealing.

Second, regarding the 30 metre garden hose(please do some gardening and you'll understand) this isn't something that can be shoplifted(wouldn't fit in a bag). Perhaps you could try.
Lastly, I am reviewing Bunnings's customer service, Venting/Feedback/Reviewing (semantics). Interestingly since I am rebuilding, you seem to be perfect for local Shire "planning officer type employment" but I would suggest your petty theft background might get in the way of that.
Get some physical contact with the real world, perhaps a partner.

Au Revoir

Muttliee
Muttliee

Yes DM p'edoff you are correct. The stupid security officers clearly seen me make my purchase and clearly seen me open my handbag at the entrance with nothing stolen inside as they were behind me at the checkout!!! (I didn't even give them a second glance and had no idea they were "working") When I left the store I waited in line, easy 5 minutes, at the sausage sizzle for a drink and stood there drinking it. That's when they came up to me and stood really close in front of me asking where the TV cable was!!!! I nearly choked and was horrified by their questioning which was ridiculous. When they couldn't find it on me they were moving their heads from side to side looking me up and down like I had it stuck down my knickers or something. I was only wearing a tshirt and skirt - oh yes and bra but no knickers and I'm thin - I couldn't believe how really stupid they were. I've been back to measure the packaging of the cable and it was 20 inches x 10 inches which is double the size of my small handbag. The length of the cable was about 40 or 50 metres - enough to go up through the house walls and attach to the antenna on the roof. Well I sure did complain!! As soon as I got home I rung the store and then put it in writing. Of course the manager very quickly washed his hands of it all saying they were outsourced from a security company. So I found their employer and got stuck into them too. Nobody knew what to say to me and they made all these stupid excuses. Then I accused them of singling me out and maybe even trying to be sleazy cos they thought I was an easy target and probably stupid (almost everyone thinks that if you have blonde hair). I put it all in writing and asked them to do the same but all I got was an email from Bunnings manager asking "is it all settled now". Weak as dirt hey. Don't worry I know how far I could have taken it but I wasn't too well at the time. Anyone who reads this - if you have an issue with anyone please stick up for yourself and don't be afraid to lay a formal complaint but make sure it's to the right department. They're only people - usually dumb too for not following the rules. That goes for all walks of life including police, government staff etc. Of course you have to have a case - don't complain about silly things and make sure you keep records of times, dates, conversations, recordings or anything that will help you. Don't be frightened they'll hassle you even more after you complain - they won't - or you'll complain again. In almost all cases they know they can't get one over you so they won't try again. Sorry to ramble on but I don't like bully's or judgemental people and the law is there for everyone.

Imtha B.

Imtha B.asked

Bunnings Warehouse

Do Bunnings still accept cheque as a form of payment

george

have you thought about asking bunnings

I believe they do

Layla D

They sure do but it’s wildly annoying because it takes a long time to process as the team member has to contact a bank before processing the cheque.

Patricia J.

Patricia J.asked

Bunnings Warehouse

If item is paid for with gift card then returned due to being incorrectly chosen how will it be refunded

ask bunnings

Either store credit if over $30 or cash if under

Chelsee L.

Chelsee L.asked

Bunnings Warehouse

is there a minimum required when using zippay? like at target you can only purchase something through zippay/afterpay if your items total over $100 is it the same at Bunnings

who knows ask the store

Monica Lubanska
Monica Lubanska

No minimum. Just made a $12.83 purchase on Zippay.

J Lee

J Leeasked

Bunnings Warehouse

Can i do a return of a product that I have bought 2 months ago? And can i return it to another store? (Like different location)

Tedly
Tedly

yes, with proof of purchase. But it depends on the product. Two months might be too long for a cup of coffee!

minni
minni

try

wingnut

the logical thing to do would be to ask bunnings or go to a store & try to return it

Bmgasked

Bunnings Warehouse

Is it possible to get actual cash as a refund instead of the amount being refunded back onto you debit card?

micheal

If you paid by credit/debit card the money has to be refunded back on to the card Every business does it common practice if you paid by cash then you get a cash refund

Thank you.

Fi F.

Fi F.asked

Bunnings Warehouse

I went to Bunnings today to return an item I purchased a couple of days ago and got abused by a rude staff lady telling me the item had already been returned. Which it clearly hadn't as I had it right there in front of both of us. She tried to tell me it's an automated system and the system doesn't lie. What would be the reason for this happening?

Chris F
Chris F

I would be asking to speak with manager. You will need proof of purchase. Also check your consumer rights which may vary from state to state. If their claim is that the item has already been returned you should ask for the evidence if that.

john smith

Did you ask the manager asking here wont give you the correct answer

Layla D

The proof of your return is that your receipt stores all the information when it is scanned onto the system. You might be using the wrong receipt when you have previously returned the same item.

Helen Morris

Helen Morrisasked

Can you find a old receipt by accessing your Bunnings PowerPass Card

Helen
Helen

I don’t have a Powerpass card

Dougasked

Bunnings Warehouse

Has anyone else had trouble with EnduraSeal 12mm Nylon Tap Valves?? I bought a set, re seated the taps, installed the valves, and they are the worst valves i have used, it takes 5 minutes to get the water right & when you reduce the cold to make it warmer it does the exact opposite, makes it go stone cold. These aren't worth even trying because in my opinion they are a waste of money and time

Doug

i already had the taps, just needed washers, first and last time i will use these. the cheap round plastic washers are heaps better and you can just turn the round washer around and get more life out of the 1` washer

les hillhouseasked

Bunnings Warehouse

New taps in shower bought from your store and you don’t sell the items to fix it.This after numerous times fixing the item.

Herpam Dutch
Herpam Dutch

Contact store manager and it will be foxed

les hillhouse

We want to buy several coroma/dorf 20 teeth thermal barriers to fix our shower tap and Bunnings at Newstead (huge store) does not sell them. We are able to fix it ourselves but store lets us down.

les hillhouse

Yes well typical of crap sitez

JimK

JimKasked

Bunnings Warehouse

Is the glue used on Project Panels premium plywood 3mm thick toxic? I am thinking of using it for children's toys.

wingnut

The only place you are going to get the correct answer is from bunnings Asking here will not give you the correct answer

Alison9asked

Bunnings Warehouse

In Nov 2017 we bought an Ozito tool kit which I understand is only sold at Bunnings and has a 5 year warranty. One of the items is now faulty. Receipt is now blank due to being so faded and don't have a card statement to show for proof of purchase as it was purchased with a gift card. Is there anyway that Bunnings will be able to honour the warranty? Lesson learnt that I should photocopy receipts!!

bill bayley

have you thought about contacting bunnings or go into a store & ask it is the only way you are going to get the correct information asking here will not give you the correct answer

Alison9

I have been into my local store, they couldn't help me. I have also called head office and I have left several messages for someone to call me back and I still haven't heard from anyone, that's why I thought I'd try here.

micheal

the only place that can answer your question is Bunnings asking the public for answer on a public forum is not going to give you the correct answer the best bet is to go to another store or or just wait for the phone call that will never come

Jim

Jimasked

Do you have a Ozito blv-2401 petrol blow vac Regards Jim

bill bayley

have a look in store or call them & ask

Get an answer from our members and Bunnings Warehouse representatives