Bupa Health Insurance

Bupa Health Insurance (page 2 of 32)

A genuine choice

We are with Bupa for about 2 years now and paid everything what I and ny wife claimed. After Allianz student insurance, Bupa has been a really pleasant experience. I feel responsible to write this comment to thank.

Coverage TypeCouple
Claim DateOctober 2019

neetimittal000

neetimittal000Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crap customer service ! Never take up a policy with Bupa

Called Bupa today to cancel my mother's overseas visitor policy. Was transferred to three different departments and was put on hold for over an hour. Absolute no courtesy at all and not a single word of apology. Crappiest customer service I have ever received. Will never even sign up for any of their product ever again . I wish there was less than one star rating. I would give them ZERO star rating.

Jason Geller

Jason GellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refused to pay for claim under coverage, abysmal customer service, failed in duties

A claim was made that was under my coverage. Documenation was provided. Bupa was requiring absurd levels of verification including hospital notes which the hospital would not provide. No coverage.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Under 30Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
N.Isaacs

N.IsaacsSydney, NSW

Heartless profiteering company!

I called to get my annual private health care statement for my accountant they said they would send it to me. I also wanted to cancel my account. Did they send through the statement? No. They made me feel terrible for leaving them and patronised and intimidated me. Shame on you Bupa. I will never go back to you even when l do have more money.

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only

Big Muma

Big MumaSouth East Queensland, QLD

$200 Glasses Cover means UP TO $200

Told Optical Store I only wanted to spend $200 as this was what I was covered for. The store waived cost over $200 as part of their special but there was still a shortfall by BUPA and when I rang the customer service assistant who was quite rude, she said cover was for UP TO $200 and was not meant to fully pay for glasses as each item number has a separate rebate. My understanding is if it says $200 per person per year that's what they should pay out!! I've been with Bupa 20 years and glasses is about the only thing I claim on extras so very disappointed.

Coverage TypeCouple
Claim DateNovember 2019

Gary B.

Gary B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bupa Glasses

Covered under Bupa Glasses. Obviously went to a Bupa Glasses retailer (Doncaster) got new glasses. Didn't have much to select from when it comes to frames.. The retailer narrows it down to 'El Cheapos' when it comes to frames Had a suspicion that the frame wouldn't go past 12 months. Not covered as the frame gave out just after 12 months. If one was to value the Bupa cover and the final product Bupa and the Retailer won hands down. Profits before Customer Service & Care.
What ever happened to looking after the 'Good Old Customer'? No wonder people are bailing out.
Lucky to get one star.

Worst

Bloody hell company, called customer service had to wait 55 minutes to get through to someone and finally lady attended my call and placed on hold for another 55 minutes, she didnt even bother to ask what was my enquiry . Stay away

ren

renMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

terrible communication

terrible service signed me up for the incorrect premium keep me on hold for hours then had to wait for a refund cause they took the money out of my account. i will now take all my insurance else where

Anu

AnuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Overseas Visitor Cover

These people deserve 0 stars for their terrible service. No one knows how policies work when apply for claims it takes more than 3 months. They just try to cover their bum. Never recommend this cover to anyone

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateAugust 2019
Jessica5720

Jessica5720Gold Coast

Nothing is covered

The overseas student health cover, covers absolutely nothing. Even with a life threatening emergency they were so arrogant and unwilling to help at all saying well you only pay $600 and thats why nothing is covered. Such a scam!!!

Please advise

Please advisePortland

Avoid at all cost ...... cause it will

Over priced for what you get. They care more for their shareholders than the paying customer. I cancelled my policy one week after paying $400 and I only got $30 back! I had been a long term customer! Avoid!!

Jerry R.

Jerry R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pay higher premiums, get less in return

Paying Bupa $1500-a-year for 6 years to subsidise sick people was effortless. Simple fortnightly payments.

During the policy: confusing language, fee hikes, hidden double-debits, miniscule refunds.

Any issues or claims? They'll leave you hanging on the phone, or publicly name-and-shame you on the display screen whilst you grovel in line with 6 others for a single customer service officer.

If you want to see a prime example of why Australia is going down the drain towards American-style health care, go with these guys. They won't disappoint.

zexi

zexiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst health insurance ever

sukhdeep

sukhdeepGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

the worst health insurance provider

morley

morleyPerth, WA

Too expensive

I have been with Bupa for decades. But I have recently changed as they simply do not not look after me. Competitors offer better coverage and prices. Loyalty is a two way street.

Edward S.

Edward S.Sydney, NSW

Travel Cover - easy to apply and nightmare to cancel

Super easy to sign up for but when it comes to cancelling they want the signature of the person that is cancelling. It doesn't matter if I am the person paying for a friend's health cover that has since left the country.

So the direct debit was removed and now required a written application letter to be snail mailed to Bupa. All within a few days or they will charge over $450.

I won't be using Bupa health cover again.

Previously for my wife when she became eligible for medicare we cancelled. And they said they would give free ambulance cover for the rest of the year. I said OK, why not its free... The next period they are demanding for money to continue the service.

Hamfrey

HamfreySydney, NSW

Its the WORST ever Health insurance company Stay way

I launched a claim way back in July, can you believe they still haven't processed it. They keep adding more time and now i have been told to wait till end of October to get the refund.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2019

Bigwal

BigwalGeelong

10 years a member, too long.

Join in 2009. Bupa lies to me in 2014. 2019 I ring to change my policy. They said I was wrong. I said please review recording from 2014. They said they would. Then they say that recording was “deleted”. I said that is not how you treat a 10 year customer or any customer for that matter. I said please cancel my cover. Simple. Now go around and tell everyone my story. They promptly cancel.

Medibank is better

Cris

CrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't lose your money

They are very inefficient!
Any time you make a claim it becomes a drama.
They never pay back you for the right amount, it's like they got a different rating scales compared to other companies. What you have always been paid 100% with Puba is paid less.
EVER NEVER in my life. Guaranteed

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Belinda W.

Belinda W.asked

If I have Ultimate health cover and see a Counsellor/Psychotherapist who charges $120 per hour what is the approximate rebate I would receive back? I am trying to decide if I will go a see this counsellor as she is highly recommended but I need to know how much I will be out of pocket

Why ask the public?

Todd H

Todd Hasked

Been a customer for over 32 years and last 25 years as family cover for my wife and 2 children. Received a letter to say my oldest when she turns 25 will have to move onto her own cover. We done that and she pays 6 months at a time, has to go into hospital to have a test. Was told she is not covered and will have to wait for 12 months due to a pre-existing illness?? How can this been when under my cover she has had the test for the last 10 years. She is not a new member and should be able to have all information carried over to her cover.

Only BUPA can answer obviously

Robyn C.

Robyn C.asked

I required eye assessment by an ophthalmologist. Last visit I required a scan "Item MT12, OCT-non rebatable from Medicare". Could you please advise if this is covered by Bupa Extra membership.
With thanks ... Robyn

Ask BUPA obviously

Get an answer from our members and Bupa representatives