Bupa Health Insurance

Bupa Health Insurance (page 2 of 31)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lazy and greedy

- bumped the cost without asking for my approval.
- ignored my enquiries.
- quite hard to navigate the support section on the website, almost like a statement of not giving an eff about customer, aside from taking their money.

That's it I'm leaving you.

Emm89

Emm89Central Queensland, QLD

More frustrated then ever

Iv been with Bupa for 15 years, 5 years ago I separated from my husband and started my police with my children they made us wait another 12 months for cover we upgraded last August and had to wait another 12 months for cover but they did not tell me this when we upgraded and my daughter has to have surgery on her and they won't cover her because the date is booked 10 days before the 12mounth waiting period is up I advise go any were else Bupa has great customer service but that's it they just lie to u and sugar coat everything

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Extension
Andrew

AndrewPerth, WA

Ambulance cover

Bupa were great in processing my ambulance bill took them only 3 days to process thankyou Bupa very happy with your service and staff when I went to your office to hand forms in only thing is you should be able to claim ambulance online cheapest ambulance insurer I found

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

Was told it was covered but changed story at the time of claim

The BUPA claims dept told me that an expense was covered. Then at the time of claim, they changed their story. The do record phone conversations and have a process to retrieve and verify these conversations but they did not want to do this as it was for a small amount. So it was easier to reject without a reason. Will take my business elsewhere.

Lynette B

Lynette BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incorrect information

Prior to my daughters surgery we saw Bupa to ensure she was covered by her Premium cover of over 5 years and to ascertain our rebate- she was covered and we could expect to receive approximately $1300 rebate for major surgery- today we took her claim into Bupa and received $337 as rebate- one quarter of the original quoted rebate - very disappointing and extremely poor customer service

Gemma

GemmaSydney, NSW

12 year customer. 2 days before wisdom teeth surgery, they said I wasn't covered.

sanish p.

sanish p.Sydney, NSW

worst insurance

over priced and almost impossible to make a claim. Don't use bupa. Tricky and lots of hidden surprises. They just wanna rip you off. It's a scam. Say no to bupa.

Fritz

FritzHobart, TAS

Misleading, careless, not worth it

A bunch of misleading,careless people using every single opportunity to rip you off...I had more than 5 individual issues in relation to their cover out of which NONE was resolved in satisfactory manner. Out of all health insurances this is the worst by far

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019
Jim Bo

Jim BoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not there for you when you need them, even after 20 years.

Gap scheme is tricky use of wording to trick you into choosing Bupa, it's a scam. From the list of surgeons Bupa state as Gap scheme members none actually participate

BUPA IS THE WORST

BUPA IS THE WORSTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Health Insurer

BUPA no longer cover Dialysis. member since 2013 not entitled to rebate. Statement arrived 65days covered instead of 9 months. BUPA added levy and took 6 months payments to cover.

Sulabh S.

Sulabh S.Sydney, NSW

A true company that rips off

Bupa was a such a rip off. I took a couple cover for me and my wife and paid $300 premium which included birth services. I was advised that me(husband) was also charged for births services. When i spoke to rep i clearly advised we need a private room for birth hence we took the birth services and yet i had no idea they were charging birth services for both of us. So ripped me off $600 a year. Switch to a different insurance company where i had to pay $50 less per month.

So couples be aware. Dont let this greedy company rip you off.

christine

christineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Please please find out exactly what your cover does and doesn't include!

Fabio C.

Fabio C.Sydney, NSW

Charging more times than they should

Watch out folks they're constantly charging my rates inconsistently.....charging me more times a month than they should I have to call to get it corrected they give me a lame excuse...Am going to leave them

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family

Joahna Kevin P.

Joahna Kevin P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They will steal your money! WORST customer service!

Jodie

JodieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Increasing premiums, decreased cover

Worst possible health fund, keep putting the price up, I stupidly thought that my cover remained consistent, nope, now I have a problem and I’m not covered. Their response - bad luck, this doesn’t happen very often but you didn’t read the info. Nothing we can do.

Danelle

DanelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst company ever!

They approved a surgery and 1 month later changed their mind and said appendicitis is pre existing! I have had cover since 2012 for this through other funds! Stay away they are a nightmare to deal with

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019

kam s.

kam s.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy, scammers and unsatisfactory customer service

I lodged a claim for my dad and just because bupa's doc(if they got one ) thinks it's pre existing it got rejected regardless what my gp and specialist said. WARNING to everyone stay away from them and do not waste your money..trust me when you need them the most they will be miles away. Thinking of going to court against them.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Rude customer service after debiting customers accounts twice. No apology, no refund as promised.

I too have had my bank account incorrectly debited twice and I am still waiting 8 days later to receive my refund. I received an email saying the refund would be processed yesterday, the refund is still not in my bank. I just rang Bupa, spoke to a rude Jessie (male), who laughed at me, told me it was my bank's fault and then hung up on me. I will be changing funds as I have had numerous problems with Bupa and this is another unacceptable problem. I would NOT recommend anyone to Bupa.

Robbo

RobboMid North Coast, NSW

Thieves

This week BUPA took 2 months payments from my account supposedly in error.
Called them and they said SORRY.It will be refunded within 3 working days.
We will refund 1 month back within 3 working days.
I find it a little suspect when Bupa has access to my account to direct debit my account for my monthly fee.
They took 2 months,(AGREEMENT IS MONTH ON MONTH) one on Monday and one on Tuesday.
And guess what,no return of the Tuesday deduction and today is Friday,

Austin H.

Austin H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't even waste your money on this COMPANY

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months