Bupa Health Insurance

Bupa Health Insurance (page 3 of 31)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joahna Kevin P.

Joahna Kevin P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They will steal your money! WORST customer service!

Jodie

JodieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Increasing premiums, decreased cover

Worst possible health fund, keep putting the price up, I stupidly thought that my cover remained consistent, nope, now I have a problem and I’m not covered. Their response - bad luck, this doesn’t happen very often but you didn’t read the info. Nothing we can do.

Danelle

DanelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst company ever!

They approved a surgery and 1 month later changed their mind and said appendicitis is pre existing! I have had cover since 2012 for this through other funds! Stay away they are a nightmare to deal with

kam s.

kam s.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy, scammers and unsatisfactory customer service

I lodged a claim for my dad and just because bupa's doc(if they got one ) thinks it's pre existing it got rejected regardless what my gp and specialist said. WARNING to everyone stay away from them and do not waste your money..trust me when you need them the most they will be miles away. Thinking of going to court against them.

Rude customer service after debiting customers accounts twice. No apology, no refund as promised.

I too have had my bank account incorrectly debited twice and I am still waiting 8 days later to receive my refund. I received an email saying the refund would be processed yesterday, the refund is still not in my bank. I just rang Bupa, spoke to a rude Jessie (male), who laughed at me, told me it was my bank's fault and then hung up on me. I will be changing funds as I have had numerous problems with Bupa and this is another unacceptable problem. I would NOT recommend anyone to Bupa.

Robbo

RobboMid North Coast, NSW

Thieves

This week BUPA took 2 months payments from my account supposedly in error.
Called them and they said SORRY.It will be refunded within 3 working days.
We will refund 1 month back within 3 working days.
I find it a little suspect when Bupa has access to my account to direct debit my account for my monthly fee.
They took 2 months,(AGREEMENT IS MONTH ON MONTH) one on Monday and one on Tuesday.
And guess what,no return of the Tuesday deduction and today is Friday,

Austin H.

Austin H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't even waste your money on this COMPANY

Kheng

KhengAdelaide

They are just like scammer!

Lodge a hospital claim from 3 months ago, contact them a month ago and tell me the money will be refund to me in a week time, it is just about $400+ claim and until now I still did not receive any money from them! Please stay away and they are not cheap!

Lyndsay B

Lyndsay BSouth East Queensland, QLD

We're sorry for any confusion

Steph S.

Steph S.Sydney, NSW

Don't care for customer service at all!

Been a customer for several years and when my policy became expired there was no communication from Bupa at all to say this was going to happen if a payment wasn't made. So quick to take your money but not to help You for being a loyal customer!

Kelly ws lim

Kelly ws limSydney, NSW

Average

I have been with bupa for 3 years and I realise bupa coverage is lower compared to the other health insurance, which means I have to pay higher gap for the service I receive. Howeverso i have not had any issues with hicaps claiming so far, and most clinics I went to did have BUPA as their preferred health insurer.

Rude and incompetent customer service

Customer service team was very very unprofessional and childish. Was very rude and showed a complete lack of competency of their part. You would expect for the price you pay to have at least decent customer service.

Terrible don't ever go near

cristiano

cristianoPerth, WA

Rude and deceiving

Jen

JenNew South Wales

Helpful and Informative

Called to enquire about the benefits of either increasing my Cover or getting more out of current Cover/Plan. Josh and the team were very helpful, provided information and saved me time, effort and money on an unnecessary change.

Privacy concerns gone mad!

Tried to change direct debit details for a policy as the account details were changed by the bank. Was told that because of privacy legislation I can't do this as I was not the person who set up the initial direct debit. Madness! The fact that the original account was a joint account or that because that account has been closed there will be no payment unless the details are changed did not make any difference. I was told that I can make an one off payment, but no regular payments? And they sighted privacy for this. I pity the generation these so called customer service persons belong to.

Gigi Gaga

Finally sorted the direct debit. Hopefully the cover is still in place. Thank you BUPA.

Nishy

Nishymelbourne

The worst online as well as customer service experience

Bupa customer service was absolutely unhelpful with any queries and have set up the incorrect level of cover.

Is far more expensive than other providers despite the corporate discount.

Have had nothing but dramas with them since joining.

Went in to the Chadston shop and the man there - Charles was equally unhelpful. Our entitlement wasn’t paid to us and all he could do was keep explaining instead of doing something about it.

Despite the corporate discount, will be switching to another provider within the month.

Mark

MarkMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overall very poor.

nideishih

nideishihGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty disappointed with their irritated customer service reps, rude and nasty

Worst overseas visitor cover

Don't get ripped by BUPA OVHC. The policy wording will say that it covers hospital care and OPD, but everything will fall apart when a claim will be made. The claim department tries to get everything under the pre existing umbrella so that they don't have to pay any money to the insured. It's an insurance meant for ripping and not for health protection.

Jacobie

JacobieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Company is the biggest load of s#!t

Good value....sort of
Was it worth all the trouble, arguments, going to ombudsmen etc?
Was with the company for 3 months and it was nothing but problems on the last end of the cover.

Promised they would taken in all served waiting periods on and cover everything I was covered for with AHM and all they did was screw me around and honored nothing.....transferring straight out of there and back to what was good!!

Oh and the corporate savings was not worth the struggles.

Didn't even deserve one star but I was made to click a star

Belinda W.

Belinda W.asked

If I have Ultimate health cover and see a Counsellor/Psychotherapist who charges $120 per hour what is the approximate rebate I would receive back? I am trying to decide if I will go a see this counsellor as she is highly recommended but I need to know how much I will be out of pocket

fred f
fred f

Why ask the public?

Todd H

Todd Hasked

Been a customer for over 32 years and last 25 years as family cover for my wife and 2 children. Received a letter to say my oldest when she turns 25 will have to move onto her own cover. We done that and she pays 6 months at a time, has to go into hospital to have a test. Was told she is not covered and will have to wait for 12 months due to a pre-existing illness?? How can this been when under my cover she has had the test for the last 10 years. She is not a new member and should be able to have all information carried over to her cover.

Robyn C.

Robyn C.asked

I required eye assessment by an ophthalmologist. Last visit I required a scan "Item MT12, OCT-non rebatable from Medicare". Could you please advise if this is covered by Bupa Extra membership.
With thanks ... Robyn

Get an answer from our members and Bupa representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance