Bupa Optical
Listing monitored by Bupa

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (14)
Tiler
TilerBrisbane

Very long shipping time

Ordered contact lenses that should be delivered within 2 weeks according shipping time provided on the order confirmation. I did choose Bupa especially for the short lead time. Other providers promised to deliver within 3-4 weeks. Today contacted Bupa regarding my order as 2 weeks already passed, and they advised that shipping time is 4-6 weeks. Why that information wasn't disclosed before submitting the order? Very bad service.

Qianyun M.
Qianyun M.Sydney, NSW

Fast delivery of contact lenses

I ordered twice. The delivery of contact lenses is really fast. Bupa member can get 20% off, so the price is competitive. Highly recommend buying contact lenses from Bupa Optical.

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service with excellent people, especially Nadia!

Even though it took a few weeks between my eye exam and picking up my glasses I'm very happy with the final product. Friendly service from Nadia, refreshing for a normally chilly health insurance company. There were too many choices in frames, but that's good, right? I paid a premium price for frames and lenses, especially the lens extras, but am otherwise happy enough with the outcome and, again, Nadia made the experience much less painful - please give the gal a raise!

Rora
RoraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor service

Kristina E.Bupa

Andrew O
Andrew OSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am a first time customer and Bupa Optical have been the only Optometrist to get my prescription 100% perfect.

Good service, quality, and value. We were treated respectfully and professionally in a relaxed atmosphere. There was a good range to select from with modern styling and comfortable fitting frames.

Leo H.
Leo H.

Items will be never received

Do not purchase online from bupa optical!!!
I bought contact lenses from bupa optical, but I never received them. Even though I received the confirmed emails and they already charged me money, they did not send me the items. After 3 weeks waiting, I contact bupa optical and I was told that my orders were cancelled. If I did not ask them, they would send me nothing and keep my money in their own pocket.

Tina
Tina

Great customer service!

I've so far bought 3 pairs of glasses/sunglasses from BUPA optical at Garden City and haven't looked back! Their pricing is fair and all the staff there have been fantastic! Have recommended them to family, friends and coworkers

AKK
AKK

Worst Optical service

Ordered a prescription sunglasses at Bupa optical store Garden city Mount Gravatt supposed to deliver within two weeks. Called them after three weeks, tried to speak with the manager unfortunately he is not available and they can’t guarantee to deliver even after 4 weeks which is next Friday. Thinking to moving out of Bupa private insurance. Paying nearly $ 380/ months for premium.

JGO
JGOSydney, NSW

Ordered online Contact lenses- 7-9 business days to deliver!

Ordered contact lenses was expecting 3 days to deliver. Only after purchasing does an email come out saying 7-9 business days to deliver.
That’s a long time.
(Should have ordered through the shop as it only takes 3 days. My mistake)

And of course these lenses are over priced even as a Bupa member.

Vintage
VintageWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not happy

Small range of light glass frames
Unhappy with reading of fine print and being told to hold reading matter and lowering music on piano in only certain positions. In this day and age this is a nonsense. Pianos have a lid with built in stand, impossible to always have a perfect position. Range is too limited in lenses for fine print.

Andrew79
Andrew79South East Queensland, QLD

Good Service

Attended the Bupa Optical Store - Chermside. I have Choice extras got $260 back plus $50 discount on frames. I checked the frames out online before hand and the price offered by Bupa Optical was very competitive. The customer consultant was extremely knowledgeable and very patient. The optometrist was polite. I can't fault his explanations. Overall a great first experience. Do your homework online beforehand to get an idea on price. Very happy

Roger D Roberts

POOR SERVICE

Lily H.
Lily H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Yay for Bupa

I have Bupa private health insurance and was so happy to only pay a fractional amount for my new prescription glasses from the Bupa optical store in Carindale QLD. Same with my partner, he has prescription glasses AND sunglasses. All were delivered within the 10 day turnaround advised (closer to one week). The lady in the store was so amazing and friendly, she did not mind spending an extended time with us as we made the hard decision of which frames to choose! Thanks Bupa :)