Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

1.0

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (3), 2-4 weeks (2) and 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (6)
Winja

WinjaHunter Region, NSW

Worst Pet cover

Ryan K.Bupa

Monthly payment for absolutely no cover!

I have been with Bupa Pet Insurance for almost 2 years, in the first year I got some money back for a few things I claimed, however this year every claim I've put through they always come back at you with "Nil Benefit". It is a $200 excess, however when you look around compared to other providers you can get similar/better cover, with a slightly higher monthly cost, to have a $0 excess and actually get 80% of your bills back! I am currently looking around as their customer service is nil existent, absolutely terrible cover and terrible service.

Claim DateJune 2020
Viv Y.Bupa
Franc

FrancGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bupa pet insurance- don’t sign up

Made a claim for about $1000 refund was $57 better stay away from this company.
Customer care not helpful and have to be on the phone waiting for hours to be answered.

Claim DateJuly 2020
Kristina E.Bupa
Pet Insurance

Find out how Bupa Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

Dane H.

Dane H.

Pathetic

Worst pet insurance ever paid for ultimate cove and my pet had an accident and had to be rusjed to the vet. Later on we were told that he wasn't covered for accident even though it stated in his policy it was. Stay away from Bupa pet insurance.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2019
Katie

Katie

Waste of money not worth it - customer service treats you like a criminal

With the $200 excess per condition and other ways this insurance is really not worthwile. 90% of my claims resulted in nil benefits. Currently I have a claim for my second dog pending for over a month because he is healthy and they don't believe us that he didn't need to see a vet during certain time periods. Doing everything they can to stall and get us to go away instead of paying us. The tone of the emails we receive from is accusatory, as if we are trying to scam them when it is in fact us that appear to have been scammed by them. Being sent the same questions over and over again, our vet has sent documents to them 3 times and they "haven't been received". It is an absolute nightmare to deal with this company.

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019

Oanh L.

Oanh L.asked

Bupa Pet Insurance

My dog suddenly limping this morning. VET recommend x-ray and blood test to find out what ia going on. Are these cover by Bupa? I got a premium package

kerry
kerry

It should show on your policy if uts covered. Dont forget that you still have to pay a certain premium like first 300 bucks is not covered. And if its not the same issue each time they make it first 300 for every issue is not covered, bit just ine off excess

Viv Y.Bupa

Hey Oanh,

I hope your furry friend is doing alright! I’d recommend having a chat with our Pet Insurance team to find out more about how your cover works. You can reach them directly on 134 135 (option 1, then option 6), and they’ll lend a hand.

Hope this helps,
Viv

Penny

Pennyasked

Bupa Pet Insurance

As a lifelong Bupa member I was wondering if I get a discount for dog insurance? Also is a lifetime policy available?

Bob H.

Bob H.asked

Bupa Pet Insurance

can pet insurance be bundled with our health cover and what is the cost?

Get an answer from our members and Bupa representatives

Compare all 3 Bupa Pet Insurance
CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and TravelCar, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and TravelCar, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and Travel
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard