Bupa Pet Insurance

Bupa Pet Insurance (page 2 of 6)

Basic, Standard and Ultimate

Ernst

ErnstPerth, WA

Excellent insurance

Outstanding product, very efficient and prompt process of claims. Well done. Keep the good work going. We could not afford not to have this insurance product.
Congratulations to all the staff which are friendly and helpful

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Long delays with claim processing

Blamed delays on being too busy. Clinical history that was emailed wasn't attached to the file, and was left up to me to chase it up. Having said that, claim was eventually paid. Check PDS carefully for exclusions (big ticket items especially).

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
jetgirl59

jetgirl59Illawarra, NSW

Let’s face it, the cover isn’t cheap, but it’s way better than paying thousands in vet fees & getting zero back.

Whilst the policy isn’t cheap, once I got things up & running to make claims I’ve been very happy with the speed of the refunds on claims & the amount of refund, so far. And I love that my vet can put the claim through.

Claim DateNovember 2018
Susie  Butchart

Susie ButchartSydney, NSW

So easy to deal with

We unfortunately had our 10 month old golden retriever get a paralysis tick and need treatment. It was super easy to claim and also quick to process the claim. This is our first ever claim and they made it so easy.

Number of Pets4 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim DateNovember 2018

So fortunate to have Bupa

Have been with Bupa for about a year my dog required both elbows to have surgery- a stressful time but Bupa paid 80% - very relieved when the claim came through- 5k vet bill is not great to receive- no hassles with the claims

Michelle

MichelleDarwin, NT

Very happy with BUPA!

I obtained insurance for my Doberman Mack in about September 2018. In January 2019, he was attacked by a pitbull and required surgery to fix a puncture in his neck. The vet bill and other expenses were approximately $1,800. After making the claim, I received 80% back very quickly. The promptness was greatly appreciated as I was on holidays at the time of the attack and returned home to a big vet bill and a sore puppy.

Pav Magar

Pav MagarSydney Surrounds, NSW

Staff were great but disappointed in the overall outcome.

Staff were incredibly easy to communicate with and very sympathetic towards my situation unfortunately there was nothing they could have done. I'm left to deal with the full cost for something that could have been avoided had bupa used my preferred method of contact.

Claim MadeNo

Stress free claims

I have been with Bupa pet insurance for 3 years at the end off 2017 my Mollie required surgery twice. We had no stress and Bupa were fantastic, we also have our own health insurance with Bupa and have never been disappointed.

Fantastic and fast

I’ve had health insurance with Bupa for 3 years and pet insurance for 8 months and they have been fantastic. Our puppy contracted an aggressive stomach virus that had him in and out of the vet for 3 months. ( 3 overnight stays!) Thankfully we have Bupa pet insurance and received 80% back and in a timely fashion

Shirley

ShirleyGold Coast

Great Pet Insurance

I have been with Bupa Pet Insurance for about 4 years now and have never made a claim. I was a bit apprehensive when I made the claim but was pleasantly surprised. Everything was paid out in full (80%) and not one question was asked. My vet filled in the claim form online straight to Bupa and it was so quick and easy. Well done Bupa, I will be recommending many of my friends to your company.

Naomi

NaomiBrisbane

Everything we were looking for.

Have 2 mini dachshunds from 9wks age. Wanted a cover which would support IVDD if needed at any stage. Bupa covers this plus we already had personal health cover which has been good. We have had to make a claim 3 months after our policy started as one of our boys needed MRI & spinal tap. Bupa looked after us very quickly with no fuss and the lady I spoke with was very understanding and had empathy which is what I needed to hear during this time. Thanks for being there Bupa

Excellent service - great product

Have been with Bupa for about 5 years - excellent company to deal with. Prompt payment of claim and clear guidelines.

Fantastic Efficient and Supportive Cover

Cruciate Ligament cover

David H.Bupa Financial Services

Certainly made the decision to give Palie antivenin much easier knowing we would have a rebate.

Since we had our dog in 2015. I saw it as a vital part of owning a dog. It makes caring for her much easier.

Howard J

Howard JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

claim process was/is quite confusing

I have been with BUPA Pet Insurance about 18 months. Been with Bupa Health for 50 years . Pity there is no relationship when it come to quality of service

Bad Experience

Bupa is a great insurance company, actually, I work for the business. But Bupa Pet has poor customer service. I was trying to add a second pet to my policy and it was more expensive than buying 2 separate. They promote a discount for having multiple pets but in my case, it was not true. In addition, I was asking for an employee discount and the person told me it cannot be applied without a valid reason. She was rude and answered me with anger.

I am really disappointed, if you have 2 o more pets do not use BUPA pet insurance.

Lina
Lina

Graham

GrahamCentral Coast

A good decision to have my pet insured

3-4 years. So far all of my claims have been met in accordance with the coverage provided by Bupa. There has been no issues with any of my claims and Bupa has conducted itself in a professional manner.

Piece of mind

We insured our dog as a puppy 20 months ago and the BUPA service has been easy to use and worth the investment. Knowing that you have adequate cover to pay for expensive treatments negates the stress when your dog has doggy mishaps! Thank you.

Hans

HansHighland park

Prompt processing of claims

We insured Voxy when we first purchased her from the breeder which was about 60 months ago. We had no idea that Voxy was going to require ACL surgery which is costly. The claim was processed very quickly and Voxy has fully recovered from the procedure. Goeff Wilson at Vetlove Nobby Beach did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend his services. Thanks Bupa for easing the financial burden!