Bupa Pet Insurance

Bupa Pet Insurance (page 2 of 6)

Standard, Ultimate, Basic

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (8), 1-2 weeks (20), 2-4 weeks (9), 1-2 months (3) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (32) · No (6)
Deb

DebCentral West, NSW

No time waiting

I made a claim for my Great Dane online. I attached my receipts from the vet and vet notes for his condition. Was very simple to do. Within a matter of days I had the money that I was entitled to reimbursed to my bank account. The last claim I made through a specialist in Sydney a year or so ago was exactly the same. I am very happy with Bupa and I think their yearly rates are very good also.

Number of Pets2 pets

Pet insurance

I have had a few health issues with my fur baby recently and had to pay a large amount for her care. Bupa pet insurance was very quick in regards to paying me back 80 percent of the total amount back into my account. Making a claim is so easy to do online yourself through the Bupa web site. I highly recommended Bupa for your pet insurance.

Claim DateMay 2019
Beaglier Owner

Beaglier OwnerSydney, NSW

Glad we had insurance for this year

We had quite a few issues the past year with our Beaglier. First a Ruptured ear drum, then removing a lump and lots of follow up appointments at our local vet as well as at Sydney Uni Vet Hospital. Our dog was well looked after each time but it was an expensive year for her. It worked out well for us this year, and having the insurance left us ahead $500 (as opposed to if we didn't have the insurance this past year).
Lots of paperwork to lodge, but once it's all done BUPA paid us very quickly.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Louie

Louie

Cruciate ligament

Pleased with the service but the process was a bit daunting. The policy said he was covered but this didn't happen easily. A lot of paper work done by my vet. Why is claiming for pets not as easy as claiming for oneself?

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim DateMay 2019
Nicole

NicoleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good policy that is expensive and paperwork heavy

Each claim requires paperwork completed by the vet. Should be easier for us and vet. Would like more paid back to us. I've been with them for 4 years and premium has increased. Phone support is offshore anr the staff werent familiar with basic pet anatomy.

Claim ApprovedYes

Disappointing. The claim covered less than 75% of the surgery. My pet recovered before they paid out the claim.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Jude

JudeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Pet Insurances

This insurance is good value for our valuable pets but most of all it’s a sensible policy. Responsible pet owners are listened to and assisted so that their pets can be given the best care because animal care is so expensive. Communication is great, claims are quick and reasonable. After horrific experiences with other companies in the past I will always use BUPA.

Jules

JulesSydney, NSW

Cannot emphasise the value of pet insurance enough

Tania

TaniaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy with Service

I am very surprised at the service provided by Bupa Pet Insurance. My claims were easy to put through online and processed without any delays. I would highly recommend this insurance.

Great insurance

Great value for money, this is the first pet I've ever insured. Bagheera has had more health concerns than any other I've ever had so I'm greatfull I started the insurance as a kitten.The response times are very good and if you have any enquires they are more than happy to assist. I have no complaints what's so ever & would be more than happy to recommend Bupa.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Angry customer

Angry customerSydney, NSW

WORST PET INSURANCE - BEWARE

I have recently changed from Bupa Health Insurance and Pet Insurance to other providers due to my recent dealings with Bupa Pet Insurance Company. They are bullies, trying to get away with reimbursing me for our puppy Hulk. Due to some technicalities they are not insuring my puppy. I hope the royal commission takes on companies like Bupa as they are the biggest scammers alive. I warn everyone, do not go with Bupa just because they are cheap. They are cheap for a reason.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Corneil

Corneil

Excellent Value

Excellent value with affordable premiums. The claims department was very reliable, quick with processing of all claims and extremely professional however still kind and understanding and compassionate when needed in dealing with them over the telephone.

John F

John FSydney, NSW

The outcome was every bit as promised

The payments made each month paled into insigificence when the claim was processed; after being with the company for about 2 years I would say the time was well spent

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Anne

AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

First time user. Impressed

I have had BUPA/MBF insurance for decades so I decided to try BUPA pet insurance for my latest dog. ( Have used many different pet insurance products over those same decades).
Had to claim recently for emergency pet ICU for 3 days with a claim close to $6000. I received the 80% refund very promptly. Glad to say the dog has now recovered. Thanks BUPA.

Tony Rogers

Tony RogersDarling Downs, QLD

Simple and effective insurance.

This is our third year with Bupa Pet Insurance. If you follow their rules and instructions, they are very easy to deal with and payments of claims are prompt. We had a vet account over $9000.00 and there were no delays processing our claims.
Thank you Bupa!

Claim DateDecember 2018

Kelly

KellyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent srrvice. Statement delivery and online account could be better!

Policy is very good value, especially accident cover when my dog was bitten by a snake I got back 85% of the $3300 vet bill. Great cover for only around $20/month. It would be good though if you could view everything you've submitted against the claim online and have the statement emailed or uploaded to the online account when it's ready, rather then having it posted out.

Number of Pets3 pets
Dean.C

Dean.CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of excess

We made our first claim last month and was aware a $200 excess would be deducted. 3 weeks on we made a further claim for a repeat scan after treatment for same condition. Our claim incurred a further $200 excess because it went into a new renewal year. Claim was processed quickly but we believe getting charged 2 excesses for the one condition was unfair.

Ernst

ErnstPerth, WA

Excellent insurance

Outstanding product, very efficient and prompt process of claims. Well done. Keep the good work going. We could not afford not to have this insurance product.
Congratulations to all the staff which are friendly and helpful

Claim ApprovedYes

Long delays with claim processing

Blamed delays on being too busy. Clinical history that was emailed wasn't attached to the file, and was left up to me to chase it up. Having said that, claim was eventually paid. Check PDS carefully for exclusions (big ticket items especially).

jetgirl59

jetgirl59Illawarra, NSW

Let’s face it, the cover isn’t cheap, but it’s way better than paying thousands in vet fees & getting zero back.

Whilst the policy isn’t cheap, once I got things up & running to make claims I’ve been very happy with the speed of the refunds on claims & the amount of refund, so far. And I love that my vet can put the claim through.

Claim DateNovember 2018