Bupa Pet Insurance

Bupa Pet Insurance (page 3 of 6)

Standard, Ultimate, Basic

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (8), 1-2 weeks (20), 2-4 weeks (9), 1-2 months (3) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (32) · No (6)
Susie  Butchart

Susie ButchartSydney, NSW

So easy to deal with

We unfortunately had our 10 month old golden retriever get a paralysis tick and need treatment. It was super easy to claim and also quick to process the claim. This is our first ever claim and they made it so easy.

So fortunate to have Bupa

Have been with Bupa for about a year my dog required both elbows to have surgery- a stressful time but Bupa paid 80% - very relieved when the claim came through- 5k vet bill is not great to receive- no hassles with the claims

Michelle

MichelleDarwin, NT

Very happy with BUPA!

I obtained insurance for my Doberman Mack in about September 2018. In January 2019, he was attacked by a pitbull and required surgery to fix a puncture in his neck. The vet bill and other expenses were approximately $1,800. After making the claim, I received 80% back very quickly. The promptness was greatly appreciated as I was on holidays at the time of the attack and returned home to a big vet bill and a sore puppy.

Pav Magar

Pav MagarSydney Surrounds, NSW

Staff were great but disappointed in the overall outcome.

Staff were incredibly easy to communicate with and very sympathetic towards my situation unfortunately there was nothing they could have done. I'm left to deal with the full cost for something that could have been avoided had bupa used my preferred method of contact.

Stress free claims

I have been with Bupa pet insurance for 3 years at the end off 2017 my Mollie required surgery twice. We had no stress and Bupa were fantastic, we also have our own health insurance with Bupa and have never been disappointed.

Fantastic and fast

I’ve had health insurance with Bupa for 3 years and pet insurance for 8 months and they have been fantastic. Our puppy contracted an aggressive stomach virus that had him in and out of the vet for 3 months. ( 3 overnight stays!) Thankfully we have Bupa pet insurance and received 80% back and in a timely fashion

Shirley

ShirleyGold Coast

Great Pet Insurance

I have been with Bupa Pet Insurance for about 4 years now and have never made a claim. I was a bit apprehensive when I made the claim but was pleasantly surprised. Everything was paid out in full (80%) and not one question was asked. My vet filled in the claim form online straight to Bupa and it was so quick and easy. Well done Bupa, I will be recommending many of my friends to your company.

Naomi

NaomiBrisbane

Everything we were looking for.

Have 2 mini dachshunds from 9wks age. Wanted a cover which would support IVDD if needed at any stage. Bupa covers this plus we already had personal health cover which has been good. We have had to make a claim 3 months after our policy started as one of our boys needed MRI & spinal tap. Bupa looked after us very quickly with no fuss and the lady I spoke with was very understanding and had empathy which is what I needed to hear during this time. Thanks for being there Bupa

Excellent service - great product

Have been with Bupa for about 5 years - excellent company to deal with. Prompt payment of claim and clear guidelines.

Fantastic Efficient and Supportive Cover

Cruciate Ligament cover

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Certainly made the decision to give Palie antivenin much easier knowing we would have a rebate.

Since we had our dog in 2015. I saw it as a vital part of owning a dog. It makes caring for her much easier.

Howard J

Howard JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

claim process was/is quite confusing

I have been with BUPA Pet Insurance about 18 months. Been with Bupa Health for 50 years . Pity there is no relationship when it come to quality of service

Bad Experience

Bupa is a great insurance company, actually, I work for the business. But Bupa Pet has poor customer service. I was trying to add a second pet to my policy and it was more expensive than buying 2 separate. They promote a discount for having multiple pets but in my case, it was not true. In addition, I was asking for an employee discount and the person told me it cannot be applied without a valid reason. She was rude and answered me with anger.

I am really disappointed, if you have 2 o more pets do not use BUPA pet insurance.

Lina
Lina
Graham

GrahamCentral Coast

A good decision to have my pet insured

3-4 years. So far all of my claims have been met in accordance with the coverage provided by Bupa. There has been no issues with any of my claims and Bupa has conducted itself in a professional manner.

Piece of mind

We insured our dog as a puppy 20 months ago and the BUPA service has been easy to use and worth the investment. Knowing that you have adequate cover to pay for expensive treatments negates the stress when your dog has doggy mishaps! Thank you.

Hans

HansHighland park

Prompt processing of claims

We insured Voxy when we first purchased her from the breeder which was about 60 months ago. We had no idea that Voxy was going to require ACL surgery which is costly. The claim was processed very quickly and Voxy has fully recovered from the procedure. Goeff Wilson at Vetlove Nobby Beach did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend his services. Thanks Bupa for easing the financial burden!

Cat accident

I organized insurance for my cat when we brought her home. Unfortunately she was attacked by another cat and infection was very aggressive and she was in hospital for a week. The vet submitted the claim since this was a very expensive accident. To my amazement within 24 hours of the vet submitting the claim, I received funds. Absolutely recommend bupa pet insurance...its peace of mind for your pets unexpected events for a small cost every month. Thanks Bupa

The best decision

Personally my Husband and I have been with Bupa for in excess of 25 years. I insured our dog when she was a puppy and I have had to make a few claims. It makes going to the vet less stressful, in terms of cost. The rebates were paid very quickly.

Katie

KatieBrisbane

Fantastic Quick Rebate

We have been with BUPA Pet Insurance for1 Year, and have unfortunately have had to make 2 claims. The claim process is very easy and seamless, with us being reimbursed within the week.

Oanh L.

Oanh L.asked

Bupa Pet Insurance

My dog suddenly limping this morning. VET recommend x-ray and blood test to find out what ia going on. Are these cover by Bupa? I got a premium package

kerry
kerry

It should show on your policy if uts covered. Dont forget that you still have to pay a certain premium like first 300 bucks is not covered. And if its not the same issue each time they make it first 300 for every issue is not covered, bit just ine off excess

Bupa
Viv Y.Bupa

Hey Oanh,

I hope your furry friend is doing alright! I’d recommend having a chat with our Pet Insurance team to find out more about how your cover works. You can reach them directly on 134 135 (option 1, then option 6), and they’ll lend a hand.

Hope this helps,
Viv

Penny

Pennyasked

Bupa Pet Insurance

As a lifelong Bupa member I was wondering if I get a discount for dog insurance? Also is a lifetime policy available?

Bob H.

Bob H.asked

Bupa Pet Insurance

can pet insurance be bundled with our health cover and what is the cost?

Get an answer from our members and Bupa representatives

Compare all 3 Bupa Pet Insurance
CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and TravelCar, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and TravelCar, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and Travel
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard