Bupa Pet Insurance

Bupa Pet Insurance (page 4 of 6)

Standard, Ultimate, Basic

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (8), 1-2 weeks (20), 2-4 weeks (9), 1-2 months (3) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (32) · No (6)

Efficient claims process

After only a couple of months with BUPA our 6 month old puppy had an accident. BUPA transacted our claim very efficiently and were a pleasure to deal with.

No hassle

My 14 week old puppy need preventative hip dysplasia surgery. There was no worry. Most costs covered. Easy to make an online claim.

Tash

TashSydney

Excellent Insurance - peace of mind

Eddies Mum

Eddies Mum

Wow wee can’t believe it

had our new puppy for 3 weeks. Had paid only one monthly premium when she broke her elbow. Cost was $3000. Vet submitted bill. Was expecting a phone call to question or argue what I was covered for . Instead I just was reimbursed exactly was the policy had said. Such a relief. And very grateful.

Surprisingly easy and quick

We made a claim for a significant event, the vet took care of all the paperwork and the Bupa reimbursement was received very quickly. Surprisingly a no-fuss process.

Robyn S

Robyn SAdelaide

Good pet insurance

I have had insurance for my dog with this company for 3 years, all has been good. customer service is pretty helpful.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

No hassles with this insurance

I have had to make 2 significant claims in the first year, they were paid out within a few business days all with no hassles

Nahren

Nahren

Speedy and efficient

We have been with BUPA for our health and pet insurance needs for more than 3 years now. We have never been dissatisfied with the service and the claims. Have used BUPA for travel insurance as well due to the discount received.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Helpful, proactive service! Proactive!

Making a claim was easy. I have had other pet insurance and frankly found it too difficult to manage. With BuPA insurance I had proactive help and service. The claim I put in had missing information so the insurer obtained that and let me know. They really put thought into the customer!

Find out how Bupa Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

BUPA Pet Insurance is invaluable!

I have had coverage with BUPA Pet Insurance for about 3 years. Initially, we only had one of our pets covered, as a suggestion by our vet when he was a kitten. Last year, our cat Toby got really sick and had a very expensive week long visit to the Vet. He survived and thanks to BUPA we could actually afford the treatment to get him home. He is still happy and healthy today.
We have since bought Insurance for our other cat and our dog. And my only wish is that I had done it earlier.

Gav R

Gav RArundel

Wouldn't be without this insurance cover!

I have been with Bupa Pet Insurance for 18 months and at a time that was very stressful for me, due to my labradoodle being unwell, I found Bupa very professional and the claim was processed very efficiently.
Definitely worth having this insurance in place. Thanks Bupa!

Ash

AshBrisbane

Straightforward coverage and claiming

I've been with Bupa for 3 years. Within 1 month of signing up my cat was diagnosed with luxating patellas and has had 2 surgeries on one leg. Both surgeries ($2000 each) were reimbursed up to the limits of my coverage (80%). I have not spent as much on insurance premiums as I have had reimbursed, so I think it is a good investment. I've also made a claim for treatment a bladder issue which was also reimbursed.

Contented customers

3 years for pet insurance Health insurance with family for many years. Have been satisfied with the overall coverage and there are still options to change the covers.

Claims VIew

Claim process very straight forward via the claims portal.

I had to put through various claims, only thing that i would add would be a view of the claim once lodged to ensure no double ups, Currently you log in to claims and when you select a existing claim you are unable to view any of the information of that claim

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Claim was super easy! And processed so quick

Claim was super easy! And processed so quick! No problems :) seamless process. App was easy to use. Reccomend. Great

Belinda

BelindaSydney, NSW

We would be lost without our pet insurance!

We've had insurance for our cat, Pepper, for about 5 years and never needed to use it. Part of me wondered whether it was worth it at all. She's recently got very sick and we've spent over $10,000 in vet bills, ultrasounds, blood tests, biopsies, etc - and there's now way we would have been able to afford that without our insurance. It's so quick and easy to upload into the portal, and we get our refunds a couple of days later. We have probably put in about 10 claims so far. I would hate to be in a position where I am asking myself whether I can afford to keep my cat alive, and thankfully with our insurance we don't have to be!

AUke

AUkeTasmania

Great pet insurance

Highly recommend Bupa pet insurance
My claim was in regards an accident.
The communication with Bupa was easy,seamless and prompt.
The outcome was as expected, the policy are accurate and definitely not misleading.
Thanks Bupa

Red96

Red96

Very happy with claims process.

Sick dog, expensive vet and specialist vet bills, claims submitted and thankful for the refund. Thank you BUPA Pet Insurance, i was very impressed with the ease and speed of finalizing my claim.

Excellent service

Claim was paid quickly with good communication. Cannot fault Bupa. The form was easy to fill in and my vet happy to comply.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

One staff member was fantastic

I am happy now but was unsatisfied to begin with, when they told me they would not accept my claim but accepted the first part and tried to decline the surgery of my dog I had to wait longer while my dog was in pain to get the surgery performed.

Jordan
Jordan

Hi Taig, well it's made me look for another health company as I am worried that's how you treat all people so I'll be looking for a family cover and pet cover with another provider thanks

Oanh L.

Oanh L.asked

Bupa Pet Insurance

My dog suddenly limping this morning. VET recommend x-ray and blood test to find out what ia going on. Are these cover by Bupa? I got a premium package

kerry
kerry

It should show on your policy if uts covered. Dont forget that you still have to pay a certain premium like first 300 bucks is not covered. And if its not the same issue each time they make it first 300 for every issue is not covered, bit just ine off excess

Bupa
Viv Y.Bupa

Hey Oanh,

I hope your furry friend is doing alright! I’d recommend having a chat with our Pet Insurance team to find out more about how your cover works. You can reach them directly on 134 135 (option 1, then option 6), and they’ll lend a hand.

Hope this helps,
Viv

Penny

Pennyasked

Bupa Pet Insurance

As a lifelong Bupa member I was wondering if I get a discount for dog insurance? Also is a lifetime policy available?

Bob H.

Bob H.asked

Bupa Pet Insurance

can pet insurance be bundled with our health cover and what is the cost?

Get an answer from our members and Bupa representatives

Compare all 3 Bupa Pet Insurance
CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and TravelCar, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and TravelCar, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord and Travel
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard