Bupa Travel Insurance

Bupa Travel Insurance (page 2 of 6)

Domestic, Premium, Essentials, Platinum
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bupa Financial Services

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)

Great value and excellent communication

Great value and easy to organise. Communication of insurance was clear and precise and will always use this travel insurance when i travel in the future. Bupa is awesome! Thank you

Jin
JinVictoria

Affordable....

It was easy to get the travel insurance and sent it to me through email. I was happy with the price they quoted me and it was affordable. I have used Bupa twice already although during these times no claims have been made. I might have Bupa again in the near future.

Fed up of BupaCranbourne East

Total rip off!

It is only good as an accident policy, I was told this by one their customer consultants themselves! I was also told that even if the policy holder is not aware they have a certain condition, ALMOST ALL claims will be considered as pre existing...EVEN IF THE POLICY HOLDER IS UNAWARE OF THIS INFORMATION.

Beware of getting a visitor plus extras cover. It is absolutely useless.

Hi Claire,
I am happy to discuss this further. It would be great if you can provide me your email.

Why Pay More??

Rob
RobSunbury

Email Response Times

Policy purchase was easy and straight forward however when I asked for a copy of the policy to be emailed to me while I was overseas it took 7 days for a response.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Travel Insurance for those over seventy

Speak to a Bupa consultant. If one has a pre-existing medical condition and is a long standing Bupa customer, the policy is then not so difficult to put in place. The Bupa website application form is not easy to fill out correctly. It is essential that there be provision for long standing Bupa customers. No claim was made so cannot comment on the customer support.

John

Thank-you for your reply. Yes, the Bupa consultant I spoke to on the phone was very helpful. For older people with pre-existing medical problems, a person can help, but a computer can't.
John

Buying the travel insurance was easy

Buying the travel insurance was easy but I didn't have to make a claim so cannot comment on that facet of the insurance. I have pre-existing medical conditions which are accepted as OK but it would have been interesting to see if a claim would have been covered on one of those.

I trust BUPA

I have arranged my travel insurance through BUPA for the last few trips. There insurance rates are competitive and setting up the insurance is easy. I haven’t had to make a claim but I trust that BUPA have arranged very fair insurance through their provider.

Wendy FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst travel insurance

This is the worst travel insurance ever, do not use it as they do not help you when overseas... I was stuck in Tanzania pooing blood and they did nothing. I couldn’t contact their phone number, so I sent the info back to family in Australia and they submitted it on my behalf, we had to seek medical advice and get ourselves back to Australia. I am submitting my claim and they better pay up....I will be making a formal complaint to them. Wendy

November 11th 2017 Update: Still waiting for a phone call

I placed a complaint on this page, I received a message asking for my contact details that was five days ago, I’m still waiting for a call to be made to assess my complaint...not happy....

Wendy F

I will but could you supply me with your private message details please

Wendy F

Erin I need your message details

Insurance declined

Insurance declined, very frustrated as have taken travel insurance out twice this year all good, wanting cover again for a cruise, declined even though I received an email hoping I had a good Holiday and hoping to hear from me again.

Great value

Policy was easy to arrange and good value. Paperwork arrived via email and hard copy. Very good service. Not too difficult to answer all the medical questions and of course it is always easy when you are honest

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Great value and easy to set up.

Policy was easy to set up and good value for BUPA members. I have never had to make a claim so have no experience in this end of the transaction.

Keith
KeithSydney, NSW

Was easy to get and worthwhile

Mike
MikeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No cover for Liquidation

I have been using Bupa travel insurance recently. However I will use others next time. One of the tour providers for my last trip was placed into liquidation 2 days before the scheduled trip despite being accredited by ATAS and AFTA.. The industry accreditation was worthless and Bupa does not cover insolvency. So I am searching for a new travel insurance provider. QBE looks like it might meet my needs but I’m still looking.

NickBrisbane

Best Insurance for Health, Home, Contents, Car, Travel

We've been with BUPA since MBF days. Our family has all its insurance products with BUPA. Great savings with multiple products = unbeatable rates! Also when my dad had cancer, BUPA covered all his hospital costs so my dad could focus on recovering and not stressing about bills.

Find out how Bupa Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Easy and straight forward. Great value.

I have been a member since 2009 and I was not even aware Bupa covered travel.
I heard via word of mouth so I called up and I was good to go with travel insurance within 15 minutes.
It was super easy and no fuss a whatsoever. I found it to be excellent value and the customer service, I could not fault. I feel relaxed about my upcoming holiday now it's all taken care of.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Travel insurance that doesn't cover valuables while traveling

Bupa's travel insurance is worthless when it comes to claims. Their policy clearly mentions that electronic items are covered by their non-medical insurance: "14.1: If the policyholder has chosen the Non-Medical Option, the Company shall compensate the insured for the following items belonging to the insured on his/her travel outside his/her country of permanent residence: baggage,
electronic equipment, cash, tickets, credit cards, drivers license, securities and passports."
Yet when I tried to claim for my damaged camera, they have refused to compensate me.

Very pleased!

We are existing health insurance customers and needed travel insurance for our trip to the USA. I have had difficulties in the past, not because I have ever had a claim, but because I have a genetic clotting disorder and many companies will not cover people on Warfarin. I called into the Launceston office, and the staff were very helpful. We did a "practice run" to see if there would be any problems, and there weren't. The online forms were simple to completer at home, and responses and paperwork were received quickly. Fortunately, we have continued not to make a claim, and have no hesitation on in using with Bupa again. Additionally, the cost was actually less that we have been charged by other companies for previous trips.

Easy to organise!

Great value. Very easy to set up, as we are Bupa clients any medical issues are already known! Very satisfied, didn't have any claims this time but have once before and the response was immediate.

Helen
HelenWagga Wagga

Excellent value even with pre existing conditions. Will use again

Very good value. Staff very helpful with policy. Didn't need to make any claims but was at ease knowing help was only a phone call away will definitely use again and recommend

Kay G
Kay GDarwin

Just in Case

The policy was easy to apply for on-line and set up. I have a pre-existing medical condition it was easy to identify and include in my initial on-line application. The pricing was similar to other travel insurance being offered in the market. I didn't experience any mishaps either to myself, my plans or my luggage, I can't comment on how easy it is to lodge a claim.

Excellent cover

After looking at various other insurances we settled on Bupa. Great knowledge and quick over the phone service was a winner. Existing medical issues were no problem and the price was more competitive. Would recommend to anyone.

Gary W
Gary WMelbourne

Quick & Easy with great customer service

Found BUPA travel insurance very good value for money. I have a preexisting medical condition that I wanted included in my cover and was given great support in applying for this over the phone. Quick and easy process with PDS & Insurance Certificate provided electronically & via post. Second time we have used BUPA, will definitely use again.

Julie
Julieperth

Fantastic customer service

I didn't get to go on my trip because I broke my ankle just a few days before I was due to leave. Thankfully I had travel insurance with BUPA and got a full refund of my fully paid for holiday from them. It was so easy and the service was so professional and friendly. I will definitely use BUPA again.

Jean HH
Jean HHSouthern and Hills, SA

Travel insurance a must have

It was easy to purchase cover using BUPA. Felt very confident that if things did go wrong while I was away BUPA would be there to help. Cover was just what I needed to give this reassurance.

gul b.
gul b.asked
Bupa Travel Insurance

Will it cover my pregnancy ? A C-Section in USA I will be travelling US to give birth so will cover the delievery ??? What are the conditions and procedure

Phil
Philasked
Bupa Travel Insurance

I am travelling to Thailand for an extended stay as I do each year.
I own a motorcycle over there.
Yes I have an Australian motorcycle licence and a Thai motorcycle licence and wear a helmet.
Now my concern.
I worry about lying on the road somewhere after an accident and being taken to a private hospital
Am I covered for private hospital?
I need a policy that will cover private care because the public hospitals are bad
Even Thai people say they might die in public hospital system.
Just need peace of mind that if something happens I can get good emergency treatment at a private hospital
Phil

Sharon
Sharon

Hi Phil, It might be better to talk to BUPA themselves as our particular policy said that we weren't covered for quad bikes or motorcycles in Bali. They were great when we asked questions so hopefully you can give them your scenario and they will give you a direct answer.

Hanum
Hanumasked
Bupa Travel Insurance

Hi there, may I ask if non-Australian is eligible for the BUPA travel insurance and does it covers pregnancy? I'm a Malaysian and going to Australia for holiday. I'm looking for travel insurance that can cover pregnancy while in Australia.

See all Bupa Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Bupa Financial Services representatives

Compare all 4 Bupa Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Maximum Age Covered 85 years old85 years old85 years old85 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $6,000$2,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $3,000$50 per day, up to $1,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400$6,500Not Included$4,500
Permanent Disability$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500 after 10 hoursNot Included$500
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$500 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$2,000$1,000$500
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)$750 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$3,000$2,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$3,000Not Included$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included