Bupa Travel Insurance

Bupa Travel Insurance (page 3 of 6)

Domestic, Premium, Essentials, Platinum
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bupa Financial Services

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)

Luggage

Had to place a claim for lost luggage informed Insurance actioned instantly . Insurance company maintained fortnightly contact with supportive role really amazing .Excellent customer service. Still ongoing have shown diligence in the recovery of the suitcase. MY partner who has MND has made the experience of a claim simplified

Very helpful

I found BUPA very good value for money. I had a preexisting medical condition that I wanted included in my cover and I was given fantastic support in applying by a customer support person over ther phone.

Information Request

I am an Expat Aussie, living in the USA. As I was returning to Australia for a temporary visit of 5 months I inquired whether you had a policy available for this purpose. A few responses and then left hanging. Was only trying to spend my money in Australia instead of the USA company I usually use.

To late.

Eva V
Eva VSydney

Immediate caring service

excellent value
Setting up was as easy as going into a Bupa office
At all times the company acted at top level. Unfortunately we needed to claim and it couldn't have been easier. Excelllent phone assistance when needed.

Proactive service provider appreciated

The process of taking out the policy was very straightforward. Fortunately, I didn't need to make a claim but I was impressed that, whilst on my travels, when two terrorist events happened in the UK, I received an email advising me what to do if I needed assistance. This proactive approach was appreciated. I will definitely use again.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Highly satisfied, will use for future insurance.

I fractured my Elbow while snowboarding (on trail). I submitted receipts for XRays, Painkillers and a follow up doctors visit which was all reimbursed within about 2 weeks of being submitted. The people over the phone were and easy to deal with.

The price can be slightly higher than other companies however they seem ethical, from my experience (which cannot be said for some other companies) so worth seriously considering.

Dean
Dean

Straight forward travel insurance

It was easy to purchase standard cover online - it would have been great if pre-existing conditions could be dealt with as simply. As it was, decided to take the risk that there was nothing that would happen related to well-controlled and recently reviewed medical conditions. With the discount for Bupa members it was good value.

Peace of Mind

Our policy was easy to set up. We were contacted after the Manchester & London atrocities to see if we were ok. Fortunately we were but appreciated the offer of support if needed. Felt so sad for those affected.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Easy to set up online and great service during our travel

Policy was very easy to set up. We never needed to make a claim, however we really appreciated the support emails we received when there were incidents in countries we had added to our policy. We would definitely recommend Bupa Travel Insurance. In fact, we took out a second policy with Bupa after we decided extend our travel plans and wouldn't hesitate to use Bupa again in the future.

bigtro
bigtroWangi Wangi

Good to go away and have confidence knowing you are covered.

It was good knowing you has the best coverage if anything went wrong, and it nearly did, left my camera on a seat and was still there when we went back.

bluecat
bluecat

Frustrated.

Jan
JanGold Coast, Queensland

Seniors Travelling with confidence

Being over 70 other companies quoted ridiculous prices, so when I went to my private medical insurer, I was so surprised at the comprehensive cover, and the difference in price was extraordinary. We are in pretty good health for our ages, and will be travelling again next year. thank you for not considering us a burden because of our age!
Jan Billett

Meg
Meg

Cruise trip around Kimberley coast.

Taking out my travel insurance for my just completed trip was easy and efficient through Bupa. Fortunately I did not need to make a claim. I will re-assess after my next trip overseas in August.

Hel
Hel

Travel insurance review

I was very happy with my travel insurance the cost & also the assistance I received in setting up the travel insurance. The lady was so helpful as I have previously had breast cancer & I also a Diabetic. But fortunately I did not require assistance while overseas. I will certainly use Bupa again for travel insurance

Cheapest Travel Insurance Ever

Great value. Walked into BUPA Office and completed within 10 mins. Covered everything and better than other insurances. Didn't need to use it but it was great to know we were covered by our Health Fund.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Thank you for your feedback Shirley - we really appreciate you taking the time. We hope to be able to help you again in the future.

Michelle

Blossom
BlossomAdelaide

Great value

Fantastic Customer service. My Travle Insurance policy was set up within 15 minutes. The lady explained how the insurance worked, what it did and didn't cover and I was able to make payment in my prefered method..

Peace of mind

I am a suffer of MND. Disclosing this when setting up insurance did not pose a problem so I left Australia for China insured and with peace of mind. Easy to set up and great value for money.

Easy and Good Travel Insurance

The policy was good value for money, covered all areas that we required for our trip, easy to set up with Bupa and the customer service officer knewcwhat she was talking about.

Didn't need to claim

The policy was easy to set up (as you would expect) but I did not have a claim which would allow for a more meaningful evaluation, therefore, I gave it 3 stars.

A must have!

We did not need to use our travel insurance in our 3 weeks away which was wonderful. As we are a mature couple we believe it is a must have when traveling abroad.

Catherine
CatherineSydney, MAROUBRA

Excellent with great customer service

I travelled to Thailand for 18 days. Bupa Travel Insurance representative explained the overall insurance for my needs, with excess explained, as most insurance do have an excess.

Thankfully I did not get sick, but my friend did, and he was covered by his own insurance which of course I forced him to take out. On the last leg of the travel, he got food poisoning in Bangkok, and had to be hospitalised.

Thank you Bupa, and I always take our travel insurance when I am travelling.

Bert L
Bert L

Thankfully, No need for a claim.

As a Bupa (previously other names), customer for over 40 years I gave 5 star rating for them as I found their staff very clear, professional, concise and taking the time to fully explain most, if not every thing in the policy. I found it excellent value for money and very easy to arrange.
AS for CGU I cannot attest to their practices regarding claims as I/We have not needed to make a claim. Will continue to use Bupa until negative experience has been had.
Thanks Bupa at the very least.

It is a Scammer

I bought a travel insurance for traveling overseas Jan 2017. The insurance policy was covering different things including Overseas Dental with $200 excess, I had an emergency situation with too much pain and had to fix it just to avoid pain to come back Australia, I claimed and they said we only pay for accidents or in some situation like someone punch in your face !!! why someone should punch in my face and I need to insure myself for punch? Í travelled almost 40 countries for wildlife photography which most of them are dangerous and never someone punched me. What do you mean?

HASHEM
HASHEM

You need to explain it while customers call you to buy an insurance OR explain it clearly on the policy you send to customers, Its the reason people call this behaviour: SCAM

Insurance for pre-exisiting condition

Excellent and clear information on cover for pre-existing (bulged disc in back). Easy process after speaking with many other insurers. It did help that we had been with BUPA for some 12 years!

CraigPerth

Bupa Travel Insurance - CGU

gul b.
gul b.asked
Bupa Travel Insurance

Will it cover my pregnancy ? A C-Section in USA I will be travelling US to give birth so will cover the delievery ??? What are the conditions and procedure

Phil
Philasked
Bupa Travel Insurance

I am travelling to Thailand for an extended stay as I do each year.
I own a motorcycle over there.
Yes I have an Australian motorcycle licence and a Thai motorcycle licence and wear a helmet.
Now my concern.
I worry about lying on the road somewhere after an accident and being taken to a private hospital
Am I covered for private hospital?
I need a policy that will cover private care because the public hospitals are bad
Even Thai people say they might die in public hospital system.
Just need peace of mind that if something happens I can get good emergency treatment at a private hospital
Phil

Sharon
Sharon

Hi Phil, It might be better to talk to BUPA themselves as our particular policy said that we weren't covered for quad bikes or motorcycles in Bali. They were great when we asked questions so hopefully you can give them your scenario and they will give you a direct answer.

Hanum
Hanumasked
Bupa Travel Insurance

Hi there, may I ask if non-Australian is eligible for the BUPA travel insurance and does it covers pregnancy? I'm a Malaysian and going to Australia for holiday. I'm looking for travel insurance that can cover pregnancy while in Australia.

See all Bupa Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Bupa Financial Services representatives

Compare all 4 Bupa Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Maximum Age Covered 85 years old85 years old85 years old85 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $6,000$2,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $3,000$50 per day, up to $1,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400$6,500Not Included$4,500
Permanent Disability$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500 after 10 hoursNot Included$500
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$500 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$2,000$1,000$500
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)$750 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$3,000$2,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$3,000Not Included$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included