Domestic, Premium, Platinum, Essentials

They kick you out when you are 70

3 years now I had the travel insurance and thankfully never had to use it. Now I got a letter, that they kick me out because I am 70 years old. What a poor policy this is!

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Heath conditions that are not covered

I was disappointed that there is no cover for heart conditions. Even if your condition was resolved more than 20 years prior to travel there is no avenue to provide Specialist Doctor reports to get cover. I will be going with another insurer that will cover me with a doctors advise on my next trip.

Insurance declined

Insurance declined, very frustrated as have taken travel insurance out twice this year all good, wanting cover again for a cruise, declined even though I received an email hoping I had a good Holiday and hoping to hear from me again.

Travel Insurance

Find out how Bupa Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Not very helpful

I fractured my wrist whilst in America, I had numerous conversations with BUPA emergency staff. Even though they were very polite none of them could speak english well or understand me and what was occurring for me. This was continually frustrating. Very disappointed in the whole process and I had to end up paying large amounts of money because of their lack of communication with their overseas partner insurance. I did later receive an email stating that they are in the process of changing their American insurance partner. I have now made a claim and will hopefully have no issues in getting the funds back.

Insurance claim madeYes

Hi Laya,
So sorry to hear about your experience. We have sent you a private message requesting your contact details, please respond and we will have someone get in touch with you as soon as possible.

disappointed

Insurance claim madeYes

Hi Jodi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience. I have sent you a private message requesting your contact details, if you would like someone to call you to discuss further please respond and we will arrange that as soon as possible.

gul b.

gul b.asked

Bupa Travel Insurance

Will it cover my pregnancy ? A C-Section in USA I will be travelling US to give birth so will cover the delievery ??? What are the conditions and procedure

Phil

Philasked

Bupa Travel Insurance

I am travelling to Thailand for an extended stay as I do each year.
I own a motorcycle over there.
Yes I have an Australian motorcycle licence and a Thai motorcycle licence and wear a helmet.
Now my concern.
I worry about lying on the road somewhere after an accident and being taken to a private hospital
Am I covered for private hospital?
I need a policy that will cover private care because the public hospitals are bad
Even Thai people say they might die in public hospital system.
Just need peace of mind that if something happens I can get good emergency treatment at a private hospital
Phil

Sharon
Sharon

Hi Phil, It might be better to talk to BUPA themselves as our particular policy said that we weren't covered for quad bikes or motorcycles in Bali. They were great when we asked questions so hopefully you can give them your scenario and they will give you a direct answer.

Hanum

Hanumasked

Bupa Travel Insurance

Hi there, may I ask if non-Australian is eligible for the BUPA travel insurance and does it covers pregnancy? I'm a Malaysian and going to Australia for holiday. I'm looking for travel insurance that can cover pregnancy while in Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bupa Financial Services representatives

Compare all 4 Bupa Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Maximum Age Covered 85 years old85 years old85 years old85 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $6,000$2,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $3,000$50 per day, up to $1,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400$6,500Not Included$4,500
Permanent Disability$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500 after 10 hoursNot Included$500
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$500 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$2,000$1,000$500
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)$750 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$3,000$2,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability A$2,500,000A$2,000,000A$1,000,000A$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$3,000Not Included$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included