Domestic, Premium, Platinum, Essentials

Online Travel Insurance

Received an email regarding travel insurance with an added 10% off to their members 15% off. If you have an existing medical condition and it's approved online, you MUST phone Bupa. Bupa, however, are unable to give you the extra 10% as it only applies to online. Works well if you have no premedical condition.

Mike

MikeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No cover for Liquidation

I have been using Bupa travel insurance recently. However I will use others next time. One of the tour providers for my last trip was placed into liquidation 2 days before the scheduled trip despite being accredited by ATAS and AFTA.. The industry accreditation was worthless and Bupa does not cover insolvency. So I am searching for a new travel insurance provider. QBE looks like it might meet my needs but I’m still looking.

Didn't need to claim

The policy was easy to set up (as you would expect) but I did not have a claim which would allow for a more meaningful evaluation, therefore, I gave it 3 stars.

Travel Insurance

Find out how Bupa Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Not the answer I wanted to hear.

My holiday was great until I fell over and broken the lens and filter of my SLR camera. But I thought thats OK I've got my travel insurance to cover it. It was a reasonably priced policy and it was with my medical insurance after all just had to get online to set up and pay for it. What a bad decision that was. It was, in hind sight, it was my fault for not reading the fine print that said $200 excess. So I'm out of pocket the 170 dollars for the policy and 150 dollars for the new replacement lens. Customer support was nice about the excess and apologetic that they couldn't help me. But I'm going to be finding another travel insurance the next time. Thanks for nothing.

Welcome Home

Got an email to say welcome home, problem is we haven't been yet. Quickly checked policy to make sure dates are right on my policy, and they are correct...thank goodness. Maybe Bupa should check your automated email service as it can cause a lot of stress.

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about the confusion caused, the email is supposed to arrive after you return home.
I have sent you a private message requesting your policy details, if you could send these through and look into how this occurred.

HEids

HEidsCairns

Good coverage- but terrible when it actually came to claim

We have used Bupa twice for travel insurance for their good coverage. Unfortunately, we had to make a claim from our last trip and 2 months on from starting the claim they haven't processed it. Much too slow and their customer service has not been great.

Insurance claim madeYes

gul b.

gul b.asked

Bupa Travel Insurance

Will it cover my pregnancy ? A C-Section in USA I will be travelling US to give birth so will cover the delievery ??? What are the conditions and procedure

Phil

Philasked

Bupa Travel Insurance

I am travelling to Thailand for an extended stay as I do each year.
I own a motorcycle over there.
Yes I have an Australian motorcycle licence and a Thai motorcycle licence and wear a helmet.
Now my concern.
I worry about lying on the road somewhere after an accident and being taken to a private hospital
Am I covered for private hospital?
I need a policy that will cover private care because the public hospitals are bad
Even Thai people say they might die in public hospital system.
Just need peace of mind that if something happens I can get good emergency treatment at a private hospital
Phil

Sharon
Sharon

Hi Phil, It might be better to talk to BUPA themselves as our particular policy said that we weren't covered for quad bikes or motorcycles in Bali. They were great when we asked questions so hopefully you can give them your scenario and they will give you a direct answer.

Hanum

Hanumasked

Bupa Travel Insurance

Hi there, may I ask if non-Australian is eligible for the BUPA travel insurance and does it covers pregnancy? I'm a Malaysian and going to Australia for holiday. I'm looking for travel insurance that can cover pregnancy while in Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bupa Financial Services representatives

Compare all 4 Bupa Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Maximum Age Covered 85 years old85 years old85 years old85 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $6,000$2,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $3,000$50 per day, up to $1,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400$6,500Not Included$4,500
Permanent Disability$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500 after 10 hoursNot Included$500
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$500 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$2,000$1,000$500
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)$750 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$3,000$2,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability A$2,500,000A$2,000,000A$1,000,000A$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$3,000Not Included$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included