Domestic, Premium, Essentials, Platinum
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bupa Financial Services

Did Not Need Insurance

The policy was good value.
The Cruise followed the Cyclone "Iris" up the Queensland coast where our Cruise was going and believe it or not "Iris" turned around while we were in Cairns and the Cruise followed her back down the coast .we still enjoyed the Cruise although three days were very "Rock and Roll" Very good entertainment-Very good Crew.
I am so glad that I did not have to claim on Insurance

Simple but unhelpful

BUPA travel insurance was easy and simple to get, no hassles to organise cover for my 3months in South America. The problem however was when I was trying to extend the length of my cover as I extended the length of my trip. BUPA was non-existent to help me, wouldn’t return my emails and kept getting disconnected when they had to put me through to someone on the phone. While I probably would take out travel insurance with them again I’ll just be sure not to extend my trips.

Why Pay More??

Find out how Bupa Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance for those over seventy

Speak to a Bupa consultant. If one has a pre-existing medical condition and is a long standing Bupa customer, the policy is then not so difficult to put in place. The Bupa website application form is not easy to fill out correctly. It is essential that there be provision for long standing Bupa customers. No claim was made so cannot comment on the customer support.

John

Thank-you for your reply. Yes, the Bupa consultant I spoke to on the phone was very helpful. For older people with pre-existing medical problems, a person can help, but a computer can't.
John

Buying the travel insurance was easy

Buying the travel insurance was easy but I didn't have to make a claim so cannot comment on that facet of the insurance. I have pre-existing medical conditions which are accepted as OK but it would have been interesting to see if a claim would have been covered on one of those.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

I trust BUPA

I have arranged my travel insurance through BUPA for the last few trips. There insurance rates are competitive and setting up the insurance is easy. I haven’t had to make a claim but I trust that BUPA have arranged very fair insurance through their provider.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Great value and easy to set up.

Policy was easy to set up and good value for BUPA members. I have never had to make a claim so have no experience in this end of the transaction.

Keith
KeithSydney, NSW

Was easy to get and worthwhile

Insurance claim madeYes
Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Easy and straight forward. Great value.

I have been a member since 2009 and I was not even aware Bupa covered travel.
I heard via word of mouth so I called up and I was good to go with travel insurance within 15 minutes.
It was super easy and no fuss a whatsoever. I found it to be excellent value and the customer service, I could not fault. I feel relaxed about my upcoming holiday now it's all taken care of.

Kay G
Kay GDarwin

Just in Case

The policy was easy to apply for on-line and set up. I have a pre-existing medical condition it was easy to identify and include in my initial on-line application. The pricing was similar to other travel insurance being offered in the market. I didn't experience any mishaps either to myself, my plans or my luggage, I can't comment on how easy it is to lodge a claim.

Jean HH
Jean HHSouthern and Hills, SA

Travel insurance a must have

It was easy to purchase cover using BUPA. Felt very confident that if things did go wrong while I was away BUPA would be there to help. Cover was just what I needed to give this reassurance.

Dean
Dean

Straight forward travel insurance

It was easy to purchase standard cover online - it would have been great if pre-existing conditions could be dealt with as simply. As it was, decided to take the risk that there was nothing that would happen related to well-controlled and recently reviewed medical conditions. With the discount for Bupa members it was good value.

Gretchen F.Bupa Financial Services

Easy to set up online and great service during our travel

Policy was very easy to set up. We never needed to make a claim, however we really appreciated the support emails we received when there were incidents in countries we had added to our policy. We would definitely recommend Bupa Travel Insurance. In fact, we took out a second policy with Bupa after we decided extend our travel plans and wouldn't hesitate to use Bupa again in the future.

Hel
Hel

Travel insurance review

I was very happy with my travel insurance the cost & also the assistance I received in setting up the travel insurance. The lady was so helpful as I have previously had breast cancer & I also a Diabetic. But fortunately I did not require assistance while overseas. I will certainly use Bupa again for travel insurance

A must have!

We did not need to use our travel insurance in our 3 weeks away which was wonderful. As we are a mature couple we believe it is a must have when traveling abroad.

gul b.
gul b.asked
Bupa Travel Insurance

Will it cover my pregnancy ? A C-Section in USA I will be travelling US to give birth so will cover the delievery ??? What are the conditions and procedure

Phil
Philasked
Bupa Travel Insurance

I am travelling to Thailand for an extended stay as I do each year.
I own a motorcycle over there.
Yes I have an Australian motorcycle licence and a Thai motorcycle licence and wear a helmet.
Now my concern.
I worry about lying on the road somewhere after an accident and being taken to a private hospital
Am I covered for private hospital?
I need a policy that will cover private care because the public hospitals are bad
Even Thai people say they might die in public hospital system.
Just need peace of mind that if something happens I can get good emergency treatment at a private hospital
Phil

Sharon
Sharon

Hi Phil, It might be better to talk to BUPA themselves as our particular policy said that we weren't covered for quad bikes or motorcycles in Bali. They were great when we asked questions so hopefully you can give them your scenario and they will give you a direct answer.

Hanum
Hanumasked
Bupa Travel Insurance

Hi there, may I ask if non-Australian is eligible for the BUPA travel insurance and does it covers pregnancy? I'm a Malaysian and going to Australia for holiday. I'm looking for travel insurance that can cover pregnancy while in Australia.

See all Bupa Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Bupa Financial Services representatives

Compare all 4 Bupa Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Maximum Age Covered 85 years old85 years old85 years old85 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $6,000$2,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $3,000$50 per day, up to $1,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400$6,500Not Included$4,500
Permanent Disability$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500 after 10 hoursNot Included$500
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$500 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$2,000$1,000$500
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)$750 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$3,000$2,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$3,000Not Included$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included