Domestic, Premium, Platinum, Essentials

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
Rid

RidCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

travel insurance-Excellent service

I applied for a claim for cancellation of my tour due to COVID 19. All the costs were covered by them Thank you, Suzzane at CGU for being supportive, I recommend BUPA insurance for anyone

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes
CLARE Turner

CLARE Turner

Excellent travel insurance

We purchased travel insurance with BUPA and I can only commend them for their professionalism & service. We had to cancel our trip to China due to CoVID-19 and BUPA refunded all our travel expenses. I won’t hesitate to use them again a special shout out to Julieanne at BUPA who processed our claim.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeYes
Insurance Cover ForAdult
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

SharonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Customer service staff exceptional!!!!

We needed to talk to Bupa Travel insurance phone staff whilst we were overseas and back in Australia and I was exceptionally impressed on their outstanding customer service. They were both so friendly and courteous and explained what I needed to do, for our situation, in an easy to understand way. I felt extremely supported and comforted by their level of expertise and guidance. Our policy was a very reasonable cost and our claim was handled with great ease and efficiency. This will be our 'go to' policy for every Travel insurance need we have in the future. Thank you so much.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Teenager
Type of ClaimMedical

Find out how Bupa Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Helpful with first time claim settled

I used Bupa travel insurance for a trip to Europe last year, I made a claim as airport lines and set up made me miss my flight and as result of this the return trip was then cancelled by the flight operator. I purchased alternative tickets to get to and from my destination. I made a claim when I got back home and they were helpful in telling me what information I need to support and process my claim.

The process was simple and straight forward and very happy that I went with them.

Ruth

RuthBrisbane

Insurance Claim settled quickly and profesionally

Unfortunately due to becoming ill I was unable to travel and my travelling companion and had to cancel ouroverseas holiday. We rang Bupa claims and they organised a claims consultant who listed the necessary documentation they needed. We sent this through Friday and had our total claim approved on Monday including the visa's and medical expenses incurred. We highly recommend using Bupa travel insurance - good value for money, the claims service was professional and prompt. Very impressed.

Sarah

SarahAdelaide

Very supportive, quick and generous

topsy

topsySydney

Very Helpful

While we didnt need to use our insurance, we had to change our trip due to Cyclone Gita. BUPA gave us good support and advice to get us on our way safely to a new destination

Bupa Travel Insurance comprehensive & affordable

I've used Bupa Travel insurance for several years now.The Customer Service each time has been excellent. Fortunately I have not experienced any mishaps & haven't needed to make a claim. I'd expect the same positive outcomes and service if I did.

Insurance claim madeNo

BUPA Travel Insurance? Simple!

We travel a lot and have used BUPA Travel Insurance for years. Getting BUPA insurance by phone is easy, and represents great value for money. They know our medical history and accept pre-existing conditions that other insurers just do not touch. We have rarely had to claim, but BUPA's Claims service is outstanding; their staff are exceptionally helpful; and payment is made promptly and without difficulty. What is promised is what is delivered, and we won't consider changing!

Value for money...

I took out Bupa Travel as it was a feature of my policy; in terms of value for money I couldn't have asked for better. The customer service which was provided in the initial instance could not be faulted and the amount i paid for the level of cover provided was very satisfying.

I will definitely insure through Bupa travel again.

Rob S

Rob SGold Coast

Great service, value and outcome

Policy was great value and easy to set up.
I had to contact Customer Support both prior to departure and upon my return, at all times I received prompt and helpful service.
A claim had to be made, my costs were reimbursed to me after 48 hours......great outcome!

bob

bobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

i had great piece of mind knowing BUPA had my back

the selling officer was well versed in the policy coverage etc.no hard sell just what I needed etc. I have been a very happy client of Bupa for a number of years, the service was what I expected.

Insurance claim madeNo

Great value and excellent communication

Great value and easy to organise. Communication of insurance was clear and precise and will always use this travel insurance when i travel in the future. Bupa is awesome! Thank you

Jin

JinVictoria

Affordable....

It was easy to get the travel insurance and sent it to me through email. I was happy with the price they quoted me and it was affordable. I have used Bupa twice already although during these times no claims have been made. I might have Bupa again in the near future.

Rob

RobSunbury

Email Response Times

Policy purchase was easy and straight forward however when I asked for a copy of the policy to be emailed to me while I was overseas it took 7 days for a response.

Great value

Policy was easy to arrange and good value. Paperwork arrived via email and hard copy. Very good service. Not too difficult to answer all the medical questions and of course it is always easy when you are honest

NickBrisbane

Best Insurance for Health, Home, Contents, Car, Travel

We've been with BUPA since MBF days. Our family has all its insurance products with BUPA. Great savings with multiple products = unbeatable rates! Also when my dad had cancer, BUPA covered all his hospital costs so my dad could focus on recovering and not stressing about bills.

Very pleased!

We are existing health insurance customers and needed travel insurance for our trip to the USA. I have had difficulties in the past, not because I have ever had a claim, but because I have a genetic clotting disorder and many companies will not cover people on Warfarin. I called into the Launceston office, and the staff were very helpful. We did a "practice run" to see if there would be any problems, and there weren't. The online forms were simple to completer at home, and responses and paperwork were received quickly. Fortunately, we have continued not to make a claim, and have no hesitation on in using with Bupa again. Additionally, the cost was actually less that we have been charged by other companies for previous trips.

Easy to organise!

Great value. Very easy to set up, as we are Bupa clients any medical issues are already known! Very satisfied, didn't have any claims this time but have once before and the response was immediate.

Helen

HelenWagga Wagga

Excellent value even with pre existing conditions. Will use again

Very good value. Staff very helpful with policy. Didn't need to make any claims but was at ease knowing help was only a phone call away will definitely use again and recommend

gul b.

gul b.asked

Bupa Travel Insurance

Will it cover my pregnancy ? A C-Section in USA I will be travelling US to give birth so will cover the delievery ??? What are the conditions and procedure

Phil

Philasked

Bupa Travel Insurance

I am travelling to Thailand for an extended stay as I do each year.
I own a motorcycle over there.
Yes I have an Australian motorcycle licence and a Thai motorcycle licence and wear a helmet.
Now my concern.
I worry about lying on the road somewhere after an accident and being taken to a private hospital
Am I covered for private hospital?
I need a policy that will cover private care because the public hospitals are bad
Even Thai people say they might die in public hospital system.
Just need peace of mind that if something happens I can get good emergency treatment at a private hospital
Phil

Sharon

Hi Phil, It might be better to talk to BUPA themselves as our particular policy said that we weren't covered for quad bikes or motorcycles in Bali. They were great when we asked questions so hopefully you can give them your scenario and they will give you a direct answer.

Hanum

Hanumasked

Bupa Travel Insurance

Hi there, may I ask if non-Australian is eligible for the BUPA travel insurance and does it covers pregnancy? I'm a Malaysian and going to Australia for holiday. I'm looking for travel insurance that can cover pregnancy while in Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bupa Financial Services representatives

Compare all 4 Bupa Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and PetCar, Health, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia LimitedInsurance Australia Limited
Maximum Age Covered 85 years old85 years old85 years old85 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Emergency DentalUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $6,000$2,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$50 per day, up to $6,000$50 per day, up to $3,000$50 per day, up to $1,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400$6,500Not Included$4,500
Permanent Disability$25,000$15,000Not Included$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $750$500 after 10 hoursNot Included$500
Credit Card Fraud$3,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$1,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$500 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $3,000$2,000$1,000$500
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)$750 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,500 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$3,000$2,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability A$2,500,000A$2,000,000A$1,000,000A$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $5,000$3,000Not Included$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included