Burger Rings

Burger Rings (page 3 of 4)

What in the blue hell has happened to our beloved Burger Rings?

We recently had a friend visit from Canada. One of her friends had been to Australia a few years ago & told her she absolutely MUST try Burger Rings. We agreed - "they are super tasty" we tell her. It'd been years since we had some & we were excited to rediscover them. We buy a bag, we reach in & pull out what look like dehydrated Burger Rings. We're already wary but decided to taste them anyway - BIG MISTAKE! Dry, no flavor & definitely nothing like the Burger Rings we know & love from our childhood. We immediately binned them & had some very yummy, not at all disappointing Cheezels instead :)

Trevis Jean

Trevis Jean

Who ruined our burger rings!

When I opened my packet of burger rings I thought they must of been out of date, they were smaller, lighter in colour, more airy and with no flavoring!! What the hell happened, they are absolutely terrible and I will never purchase them again, congratulations on ruining a great product!

Lisa Fryers

Lisa FryersGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

burger rings, the romantic choice

when you dont have a ring and you want to propose..the perfect romantic substitute! I have to admit i was really happy when i discovered that what i did was also in the simpsons!

Big Dog

Big DogSydney, NSW

CEO trying to justify a pay rise!

Completely wrecked burger rings, congratulations! Hope ya proud of your claim to fame, they taste terrible and you should be ashamed of yourself. You should stand down immediately you chip wrecker you!

Brad

Brad

Dissapointing......

Only word to describe burger rings today is " disappointing ". Sad why change something that worked. if it ain't broke don't fix it. Only reason i gave 1 star is i coulnt post my review without it...

No flavour!!!!

Burger rings were always my favourite, not anymore. There is no burger ring seasoning!! Who is the dorko that changed our burger rings, I will now have to find a new favourite.

Lisa Paton

Lisa PatonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Totally agree.... The flavour has gone.

Burger Rings were my favourite. I bought a packet yesterday and they have taken most of the flavour out. The best part was the very strong burning taste. So sad.

Burger rings have changed

I hadn't had burger rings in a little while and bought a pack a couple of days, they were terrible! The recipe has changed: Don't have much flavour, they are dry and rough in texture. No longer melt in your mouth and full of flavour! Won't be buying them again.

BonezAU

BonezAUPerth, WA

Hardly any flavour these days

Burger Rings used to be great, but now they seem to have hardly any flavour at all. I thought I had just got a bad batch, and contacted the customer service who gave me a $5 voucher to replace the pack I had purchased. I went to a totally different shop and got one (confirmed it was a different batch number) and they had the same, boring, bland flavour as the original pack I bought. It seems they have gone super stingy on flavouring these days, probably to save a few cents per bag. Well, it's going to save me a few dollars per bag, because I won't be buying them any more unless the recipe goes back to how it used to be and they actually have some decent taste.

WXL

WXLBundaberg

You’ve changed...

Thought maybe I got a weird packet or someone had bought the packet of Burger Rings (Party Bag) that I was eating from a cheap shop... but after a quick Google, I see others are complaining about the changed flavour and texture of Burger Rings.

They’re lighter (less dense) and have about 10% of the flavour they used to. I rarely eat old school chips these days; however there was a packet in the cupboard and I had the munchies. Seriously un-satisfying! Loyal fans are going to be baffled and upset about the recipe change.

Myself? I would just like to know why they’ve changed the tried and tested formula? That Burger Ring ‘tang’ is gone.

what happened to burger rings?

they used to be delicious and now they tastes like a polystyrene cup with absolutely no flavour to hide that fact that you are eating plastic. They used to be so dense and full of flavour, seems like they turned the seasoning machine off. what a massive disappointment, used to be my favourite, now they are just yuck, spew vomit

Dan

DanAuckland

Disappointed

Back in the day maybe like at least 8 or 9 years ago they were great 5 out of 5 were my favourite but these days the quality has gone down hill. There used to be 2 types of Burger Rings the thick soft ones and the thinner hard ones and most of the time you usually get the soft ones those were the best, but they don't make them like that anymore. Really disappointed Bluebird!

Graz

GrazSydney

Burger Rings have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid

Burger Rings have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid, & they still are. I only eat a small amount at a time otherwise it's too much. But definitely always on my shopping list.

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

yuck

crunchy yes but that is where the good stops, its bland and just taste like dried out builders foam. i dont know compared to the NZ version of burger rings which is bigger in size and its well coated in flavor this is a huge let down

Annie

AnnieRahotu, Taranaki

Fantastic flavour

I love the flavor of these yummy morsels. Crunchy, freshness, an awesome snack food always in my cupboard for when the grandchildren or my 80 year old mother visits.

These are spectacular

100% perfect. Would recommend 10/10 it's like eating Christmas. Everything plus more in a packet. Burger rings are sent from God

taste good

I like when you ask your crush for one and then you both wear them as rings and you can pretend you are married. Soft and crumbly goodness that tastes like corn and burgers. Also taste like rings, like kind of hoola hoops.. you know the ones you twist your hips in.

420EatSnacksEveryDay

420EatSnacksEveryDayMelbourne

Classic Savoury Snack (3.5 stars)

The Big Burger Taste hooked me at childhood, not that "burger" is how I'd describe the flavour. These savoury rings are best munched alongside a glass of beer as a nut alternative, it is where they truly shine.

A fun size pack is for perhaps the first time ever the right serving size for this snack and they make a banger alternative to chips.
Catchy flavour less in your face than something like Cheetos. Great beersnack.
Well it's junk food.

Awesome

Burger ring are the best, particularly when your friend buys a packet and you try to steal them off her, it just makes them so much more delicious after working for them! I really like eating them off my fingers it just improves the whole eating experience, once I proposed to my friend (same one) (I do have more then one believe it or not) and then she ate it I'm not sure yet if that was a good or bad sign, at least it was delicious!! :)
Tasty, fun, entertaing, its a packet of chips not air, etc

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad

I used to be able to eat most of a pack of these. But nowadays, I cannot eat more than a couple of rings. These would suit someone with sensitive teeth who wants a soft crunchy snack to eat, they arent hard to bite at all.
I only buy these if I crave the particular taste. The name is funny, because I dont really think they taste like a burger. I like the taste, but nowadays, I think I have outgrown the taste and the flavour.
They have an unique taste, sort of tart, but not really. Since they are a processed snack food, they have a load of not so healthy ingredients, so I dont buy these regularly at all.