Burger Rings

Burger Rings

catherine s.

catherine s.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very sad

Opened a packet today was an absolutely disappointed of the following:
Taste- was non
Texture- hard
Size- they where all pinched circles
They where like stale tasteless fried cardboard.
Will not be buying no other packets of smith chips tired of them changing there flavours

Purchased in February 2021 at Coles for $2.50.

2020 and another loss to us all

I was excited as I opened a single serve (90 gram) pack of Burger Rings as I had not indulged in such a treat in some time. The horror I was about to experience was indescribable! Small, disfigured, tasteless blobs is what presented themselves as I opened the bag. As I ate my way through several of these alien “burger rings” I tried to remember the incredible taste I once knew however I quickly realized it was long gone, and likely gone forever. As we say goodbye to an old favorite I remembered of a famous quote, gone from our sights forever in our hearts.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $1.50.

Nuffy N.

Nuffy N.Sydney, NSW

What have they done. Someone should be fired.

These used to be the best snack you could buy. But recently I have been thinking something is not right, I thought maybe I just got a bad packet.. No

Purchased in January 2021.

Basil C.

Basil C.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Just AWFUL

Not the burger rings we know and love :( Never again! Awful, awful, awful. Awful texture, awful colour, awful looking rings. Why change??? Hard, not soft like the old burger rings. More like an oversized fruit loop! NOT impressed. NEVER AGAIN. I'll definitely be trying the Aldi version recommended by another review.

Purchased in January 2021 at Caltex Service Station for $2.99.

smiths burger rings alternative

burger rings are not what they used to be unfortunately - in fact they are terrible
BUT the Aldi 'Burger Hoops' by Chazoos are just like the original Burger rings - soft, tasty and cheap!!
give them a go and you won't go back to Smiths

Lysachick

LysachickMELBOURNE

Yuck!

As per earlier reviews. Lighter, rougher, smaller, no flavour. Pointed out the difference and my boyfriend denied it so I googled it and found myself here... sadly validated. Not even close to the original.

Purchased in December 2020.

Alfred N.

Alfred N.

I thought I was lost but now I am found

Yes the new Burger rings have failed. But so happy i found Aldi's version. So damn good. I'm hooked again.

Purchased in April 2020 for $3.00.

Why have they changed?

Burger rings have been my favorite snack since I was a child, over 30years.
They have changed & I can't eat them anymore, their more crunchy, don't melt in your mouth like they used to, & have no flavour, tastes more like Vegemite now.
Sooooooo dissapointed.
Won't be buying them anymore.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $5.00.

Not worth buying

Haven’t had Burger rings for a while. After the first ring I was unsure. Did I grab the wrong packet off shelf? Packet says Burger Rings. Tasted nothing like Burger Rings. Flavour, texture, density all changed. Might as well buy home brand. At least I know to expect cheap and nasty like someone else mentioned. If you think you’ve improved the formula, you haven’t.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $1.00.

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

Nothing Like the Original

Bought a pack half an hour ago, expecting a hard hitting taste and messy fingers, but found some herb flavoured garbage that's slightly saucy. Nothing like the original recipe.

Smiths, Pepsico, whoever the hell you are - just kill them off for good. Don't sell this malarkey.

Oh and just drop Twisties while you're at it; you ruined them as well.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $1.50.

Dave C

Dave CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The burger Ring...why,why,why?

I do not understand how doing this works for companies..get a great product that Burger ring used to be..and destroy it..to save some money on the making.. but surely they must see the sales of this product dropping...change it back!

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $1.00.

Esmay

Esmay

Cheap and nasty

Why change such a great product!! I bought a pack the other day and the flavour tasted like a putrid chemical and left an awful aftertaste. They are smaller in size and full of air. Such a shame as we wont be buying these again.

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for $1.00.

chippy

chippyPerth, WA

You have to wonder why they changed it

I just got a packet and so disappointed. usually they are bigger. Now they are tiny little rings. Why do companies change products beats me. This reminds me of the whole shapes change fiasco. Complete fail

Purchased in July 2020 for $3.00.

Jofa75

Jofa75Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

So disappointing

Nothing like I remembered them to be- tasteless, smaller and different colour. No warning on the package that it changed.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles.

rob s.

rob s.South East Queensland, QLD

Now Stingy in flavour an texture

Sad to say, but no flavour, no residual salt to lick off your fingers and the texture has gone from generous soft buttery cruch to stingy hurt your upper mouth dry bone crunch. RIP original burger rings.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for $1.50.

EJ K.

EJ K.South East Queensland, QLD

WTH happened to this childhood favourite?!

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for $5.00.

T L Brown

T L Brown

Bring the old recipe back!!

These were my sons favorite snack. He is autistic and a very fussy eater. He will not eat them now and says they taste yucky. I have to agree. I won't be buying them again.

Karl

KarlSydney, NSW

Changed for the worse.

Use to be my favourite. Now they have changed their uniqueness has gone. Now they are tasteless. Won’t buy again.

Purchased in March 2020 for $5.00.

disappointing

Noticed the change straight away, they used to be so nice now no flavour and I will not be buying them again

Simon

SimonSoutheast, SA

Tastes Terrible

I’ve been enjoying Burger Rings since childhood and noticed straight away when the cooking oil was changed......yuck!!! Reminds me of Arnotts cheddar biscuits
I will not be buying any of these products again thanks for spoiling my favourite chip brand .

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $3.00.