Burger Rings

Burger Rings

Tony H.

Tony H.Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

I don't eat them often and it's been awhile however I opened a pack the other day and was so disappointed with the new texture, flavour and taste. Why change.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles for $3.50.

kieran

kieran

Changed recipe no doubt

Used to be lighter ring more flavour still ok...but barely to be ok. Definately changed the old style into dense ring before more flavour and lighter... I guess to make more weight and cost cutting...it is what it is

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $2.00.

Blue F.

Blue F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They have been changed

I dont know what they did, but did not improve them. They are more puffed up, so I think you get less because they arent as dense. The flavour is similar, but it leaves an unpleasant after taste, in your mouth. Yet another example of ruining a favorite product, trying to save money somehow, at the expense of happy customers. I wont buy this product any more. The old reciepe was delicious, this is sloppy seconds.

Purchased in June 2020.

Chips

Find out how Burger Rings compares to other Chips

Troy

TroySouth East Queensland, QLD

Where did you go wrong?

So I was in NZ last year and bought some Burger Rings made by Bluebird( Smiths Chips) They are just like they used to be. Full of flavour and larger. They are so good.
If you are ever in NZ or find these in Australia (I found some in Noosa) buy them. They are like the original and so good.

Purchased in June 2020 at IGA for $3.50.

Shelley

Shelley

Quality has deteriorated

Burger Rings were once my favourite. The rings are now thinner, about half as thick as years ago. The flavour is now not the same. Once their was a full burger flavour and seasoning, now they are half the taste. The rings were also a very dark orange/rust colour, now very pale.
I am disappointed that cost cutting on size, flavour, and packet size has been taken.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Mark Ronald Hill

Mark Ronald HillSydney Surrounds, NSW

What happened to burger rings

Burger rings used to be as large as cheesles, the burger rings we had,had little to no flavour, what's the go?i love burger rings and was disappointed with the size and flavour.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $1.00.

BonezAU

BonezAUPerth, WA

Hardly any flavour these days

Burger Rings used to be great, but now they seem to have hardly any flavour at all. I thought I had just got a bad batch, and contacted the customer service who gave me a $5 voucher to replace the pack I had purchased. I went to a totally different shop and got one (confirmed it was a different batch number) and they had the same, boring, bland flavour as the original pack I bought. It seems they have gone super stingy on flavouring these days, probably to save a few cents per bag. Well, it's going to save me a few dollars per bag, because I won't be buying them any more unless the recipe goes back to how it used to be and they actually have some decent taste.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad

I used to be able to eat most of a pack of these. But nowadays, I cannot eat more than a couple of rings. These would suit someone with sensitive teeth who wants a soft crunchy snack to eat, they arent hard to bite at all.
I only buy these if I crave the particular taste. The name is funny, because I dont really think they taste like a burger. I like the taste, but nowadays, I think I have outgrown the taste and the flavour.
They have an unique taste, sort of tart, but not really. Since they are a processed snack food, they have a load of not so healthy ingredients, so I dont buy these regularly at all.