Burns for Blinds

Burns for Blinds

Brand Manager for Burns for Blinds? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (8)

Average quality blinds, Terrible Service

Install was scheduled and the installer texted me at 5pm on the day of the install THREE TIMES saying he wouldn't be able to make it today. Unprofessional and unapologetic. Look elsewhere.

Burns for Blinds - do not touch this company

Mac B.
Mac B.

Will never go near them again

The cellular blinds were not cheap, the service was slow (6 weeks to get a second remote controller), the indoor window blind motors are not strong enough to draw the blinds to the top. It took 5 weeks to get a tech. onsite to tell us that the batteries were probably spent (after 2 weeks of use?). The tech. as good as told us that the installer had done an inferior job of programming our remote (we needn't have spent $100 (!) for a 2nd remote). Lastly the bathroom plantation shutters were manufactured to open on the wrong side, meaning that the measure and quote got it wrong. Only good thing is that we are satisfied with the quality of the blinds and the shutter.

Arvid
Arvid

End product is good, but process is not

Got roller blinds and screen door installed. Happy with the end result, but process of getting there is frustrating.

January 2021: getting quote and paid deposit only to hear afterward of backlog of work.

April: install starts but parts missing and electric wire drilled into, had to come back in May.

May: different installer finished job, good end result.

Problem is salespersons promise too much, and then there are delays as they take on (too?) much work.

Would I use them again? Not if I can avoid them.

Sandy
SandyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shutter blinds

I’ve had nothing but problems with the blinds shutting properly since they were installed. They replaced 4 slats and it’s a bit better but the actual fit of the frame is particularly poor especially as they are measure to fit the window frame. And the time to replace 4 slats was 8 weeks. Pretty ordinary. Wish I’d tried else where.

Jo E.
Jo E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Plantation Shutters

Subrata
SubrataMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Workmanship was poor

They had to come to my house total 6 days to install blinds, that means I had to allocate my 6 days to them. Day 1 Measurement
Day 2 One blind missing and one different colour
Day 3 Colour issue fixed but the missing one was of wrong length
Day 4 All roller blind installation completed - but they took out one spring from one blind as it was not working ok, different than factory!
Day 5 Plantation shutter started to install- due to delay in delivery - but the silicon colour was wrong
Day 6 correct silicon sourced and all done

Tran
TranMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Interesting way to run a business

Paul Martin
Paul MartinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Delays in installation

We paid the deposit on 22/2 2019 & were told that the posts would be installed on 21/3/2019 but there was a delay due to incorrect measurements. The final installation was on 2/5/2019 - very disappointed!

Tom SmithMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Indoor Blinds

I am really disappointed with Burns for Blinds, we bought 2 indoor blinds for our home. One was for the main bedroom the other for the smaller room. They are splitting, and apparently they are under guarantee and can be fixed. However, in order to do that they want an extra $130 call out fee!
We are disability pensioners, we can't afford that money we live from fortnight to fortnight as it is. Not happy!
I have a very ill husband whose medication is costly enough without anything else.
We also had to pay cash outright before they would even install the blinds, and now it's more money!

Store LocationSouth Road

can you not read

Regret falling for fake sale

We had a blockout roller blind installed yesterday . To start with....part of the metal on the top of our sliding window had to have a small block cut out for the blind to fit which we only got told about in that moment and the blind is uneven and catches on the chain obviously the salesman didn’t measure properly

Steve
SteveAdelaide

Who is the customer here !!

When the installer was running 2 1/2 hrs late and complained he turned up at 7:30pm we were told abruptly, your lucky he turned up. You wouldn’t had them for Christmas. No problem ther BUT I had other arrangements and funny enough do have a phone. I am not the lucky one. Your lucky you have any customers with this type of service. ( appointment time 3:00 - 5:00 pm). A simple phone all would’ve fix it but again by office staff were told, We can’t be ringing everyone. Absolutely disgusted.

Very Poor Service

Had 2 zip track blinds installed, 1 remote control did not work. The pelmet cover to the large blind was to short. After numerous calls they came back 36 days later. Supplied new remote went to fit new pelmet but even shorter than the first one.
Waiting on them to come back for the third time. Have rang them numerous times, they continually lie over times.
They are supposed to come back September 7th.
I would never recommend them to any one.

Rene
ReneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No customer service!

I rang to have someone come to measure an outside blind. The woman who answered the phone said they were busy but will get the measurements and give quote. I needed someone to measure. No, cant do. i was given a quote which was very high! the opposition was very helpful and were out next day & the quote was less than half than Burns over the phone quote!

Steve
SteveAdelaide

Incompleted job - plantation shutters

Had to complete the job myself after 6 months of installation. They only covered the cost of the parts. Promised phone calls were not made. Poor customer after sales service.