Burns for Blinds

Burns for Blinds

Listing monitored by Burns for Blinds

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (14)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (14)
Nina
Nina

Excellent product but poor customer service

Poor communication. Mis-communication between the various teams within the business. Poor customer service - admin were kind & friendly but had no idea where things were at - it was hard to get answers to my questions. Many errors in manufacturing (eg hinges on the wrong side, wrong size of product) that had to go back to manufacture. The whole process took months. However the products are of excellent quality and the installers were really good. The sales people were great too.

Store LocationAdelaide

Curtains and Blinds

Installation of blinds and curtains was professional and timely great service.
Installer happy to rectify the supply of incorrect coloured curtains
Looking forward to seeing the correct colour in- situ shortly

They will be great...

The installers have been exceptionally helpful, requesting many modifications that have been needed. Next visit will be the 3rd attempt.

Desi1953Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

product and installers fantastic!

we had a home visit for our order. my post purchase issues waiting for the delivery and especially the scheduling of the installation were many, it should have been handled better. the installers were polite, efficient, professional, and expert in the product.

Store Locationnone
Desi1953

ohh and I forgot to say order placed on 26/1/2021 and installed 20/9/2021 - lots of cancellations by company.

Average quality blinds, Terrible Service

Install was scheduled and the installer texted me at 5pm on the day of the install THREE TIMES saying he wouldn't be able to make it today. Unprofessional and unapologetic. Look elsewhere.

Burns for Blinds - do not touch this company

Mac B.
Mac B.

Will never go near them again

The cellular blinds were not cheap, the service was slow (6 weeks to get a second remote controller), the indoor window blind motors are not strong enough to draw the blinds to the top. It took 5 weeks to get a tech. onsite to tell us that the batteries were probably spent (after 2 weeks of use?). The tech. as good as told us that the installer had done an inferior job of programming our remote (we needn't have spent $100 (!) for a 2nd remote). Lastly the bathroom plantation shutters were manufactured to open on the wrong side, meaning that the measure and quote got it wrong. Only good thing is that we are satisfied with the quality of the blinds and the shutter.

Arvid
Arvid

End product is good, but process is not

Got roller blinds and screen door installed. Happy with the end result, but process of getting there is frustrating.

January 2021: getting quote and paid deposit only to hear afterward of backlog of work.

April: install starts but parts missing and electric wire drilled into, had to come back in May.

May: different installer finished job, good end result.

Problem is salespersons promise too much, and then there are delays as they take on (too?) much work.

Would I use them again? Not if I can avoid them.

Store LocationBurns for Blinds Adelaide
Carol B.
Carol B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

still not working properly

All fine at first then installer came with parts missing and had to come again, one shutter was put on wrong and had to be taken off and reinstalled. Called service as the slats didn't close properly, 3-4weeks later someone comes and removes a slat from both shutters, we wait another few weeks and next week someone is coming to fix the problem of the shutter not completely closing. Twice I left messages for a call back and the first time it didn't happen, 2nd time I was told someone was on the phone and would get a call back, after 3 hours I called back and got through then within 15mins I got the call back. 27th Feb they were installed, I do hope next week that it is all fixed. Wouldn't bother with Burns again.

Store LocationAdelaide

Sandy
SandyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shutter blinds

I’ve had nothing but problems with the blinds shutting properly since they were installed. They replaced 4 slats and it’s a bit better but the actual fit of the frame is particularly poor especially as they are measure to fit the window frame. And the time to replace 4 slats was 8 weeks. Pretty ordinary. Wish I’d tried else where.

Store LocationNorwood
Subrata
SubrataMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Workmanship was poor

They had to come to my house total 6 days to install blinds, that means I had to allocate my 6 days to them. Day 1 Measurement
Day 2 One blind missing and one different colour
Day 3 Colour issue fixed but the missing one was of wrong length
Day 4 All roller blind installation completed - but they took out one spring from one blind as it was not working ok, different than factory!
Day 5 Plantation shutter started to install- due to delay in delivery - but the silicon colour was wrong
Day 6 correct silicon sourced and all done

Store LocationNorwood
Savvy shopper
Savvy shopperAdelaide

No special need consideration

I wanted Burns blinds in my new home as had a good one in my old home.
I was told 3-4 weeks but was 5 . During that time I became progressively more ill spending days in bed. I had no blind in my street facing bedroom. No compassionate fast track. I lost my hearing over that time and am unable to hear on the phone. I requested but was told no texting service available.
With the expensive prices they are targeting an elite market but don't expect useful service if you have a special need.

Tran
TranMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Interesting way to run a business

Paul Martin
Paul MartinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Delays in installation

We paid the deposit on 22/2 2019 & were told that the posts would be installed on 21/3/2019 but there was a delay due to incorrect measurements. The final installation was on 2/5/2019 - very disappointed!

Store LocationBurns for Blinds, Norwood , SA