Bush Rechargeable DAB+

Bush Rechargeable DAB+

4.0 from 1 review

Very small, good sound and rechargeable

If you want a very small pocket-sized digital radio (9 x 5 x 1.5cm), this one is pretty good. I've had mine for 6 months and it works really well, the only issue I have is that the lowest volume setting is still too loud for me, as I like to listen to the radio in bed with in-ear earphones, it helps me fall asleep, but then it wakes me up again (I suspect I'm the only person who finds this a problem!). Initially I thought it was a rather flimsy plastic unit for the price ($99, Dick Smith) but it works fine, I have no complaints. What impresses me more than anything is that it is rechargeable (USB), so need to keep changing batteries, fantastic! Every morning I recharge it, 5-10 mins max depending on how long I used it overnight. It's easy to use, though I found the programmable button for favourite stations a pain to use so I don't bother with it. The B&W screen measures 2.5 x 2.5cm and is easy to read, it displays the radio station name, one scrolling line of info, current time (very handy), date, reception indicator, volume indicator, battery level. You can also switch to FM stations. And when you turn the unit off, the screen says "Thank you and goodbye", a nice touch that I appreciate! Interestingly, I have just checked the Dick Smith website (7/4/2016) and it is selling at the highly reduced price of $54 until 13/4/16 ($99 at Harvey Norman).