Bushman DC-L Series

5 questions from our users

H Rhodes

H Rhodesasked

DC190L-SS (Stainless Steel)

can you keep ice-cream in this fridge what is the max minus temp

Linda

Freezer can go to -10. Ice cream doesn't stay hard. Did put a litre of milk on top of other frozen food, 3 weeks later not frozen BUT not off either!

Patch

My freezer temp is around the 13.5 when not being opened. Freezing of fish, red meat and ice is as good as you would want. I have had ice cream at the back of the freezer and it was ok, not rock hard but still frozen.

Paul - Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi, the freezer compartments in our DC upright fridges are calibrated to sit around -12º. This a a fine freezing temperature for short to medium term use. If you want to deep freeze things for long term storage you would need a deep freezer which can go to -18º to -2º. A deep freezer will use more power so they are not as well suited to mobile and offgrid low power situations. Thanks!

Aidan H.

Aidan H.asked

DC190L-SS (Stainless Steel)

What is the max power consumption in Amps at 12 volt of the 190 L. I am aware that consumption varies with amb temp and other factors

Linda

Sorry we dont measure individual appliances. We only have a small solar system 4 panels.

Patch

Aidan, I have a 285L and the maximum reading I have was 2.4 amps at 24 volts which equates to 4.8 amps at 12 Volts

Mark Cerff
Mark Cerff

I have a 285L which draws 4 to 4.5 amps at 12 volts

Danny Curranasked

Hello.
We are considering a 285 l in a new van. We will be going north in the tropics. How do you consider your fridge vs vitrofrigio? Do you recommend fitting internal fan?
Regards Danny

Patch

We are currently experiencing 35 degrees for five days and the fridge is as good as when it is 25 degrees. Why fit an internal fan.?

Danny Curran

I find that an internal fan wired up to the to turn on with the compressor keeps an even temp throughout the fridge

Hi Danny,
I don’t think you’ll need an internal fan, but you could install one if you wanted to.
The fridge will perform perfectly well up north. It’s exactly what we build them for.

Lee

Leeasked

Bushman 190L Top Mount

how does the 190L perform in the outback off the grid on a 44 deg day? does it stay at 4 deg or below in the fridge section?

Patch

Depending on how many times it is opened. I had a thermometer in it and the temp did comedown to 3, but everything in the fridge was as cold to touch as they were on a colder day. Now I just go by feel and it is good. The hotter days affect the freezer temp reading more but everything stays solid.

Hi,
Tom from Bushman here.
We’ve tested the fridge in 42 degrees ambient and it performed fine. Freezer will stay around -10 degrees and fridge around -4.
We use a massive cooling system on this fridge, external heat exchanger and heavy insulation.
It’s the same fridge cabinet we use for our LPG off grid fridges and they go everywhere around the country where there’s no mains power.
Any queries feel free to call us.
Cheers.

angel
angel

thanks for the above answer. What is the weight difference please on the 190L to 285L?

Paula V.

Paula V.asked

Bushman 190L Top Mount

What are the dimensions on the 190lt fridge?

Hi Paula,
W 600 x D 600 x H 1380 (mm)

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives