Bushman DC-L Series

Bushman DC-L Series Questions & Answers

190L Top Mount and 285L Top Mount

4 questions from our users

What is the max power consumption in Amps at 12 volt of the 190 L. I am aware that consumption varies with amb temp and other factors
Sorry we dont measure individual appliances. We only have a small solar system 4 panels.Aidan, I have a 285L and the maximum reading I have was 2.4 amps at 24 volts which equates to 4.8 amps at 12 VoltsI have a 285L which draws 4 to 4.5 amps at 12 volts

Hello. We are considering a 285 l in a new van. We will be going north in the tropics. How do you consider your fridge vs vitrofrigio? Do you recommend fitting internal fan? Regards Danny
We are currently experiencing 35 degrees for five days and the fridge is as good as when it is 25 degrees. Why fit an internal fan.?I find that an internal fan wired up to the to turn on with the compressor keeps an even temp throughout the fridgeHi Danny, I don’t think you’ll need an internal fan, but you could install one if you wanted to. The fridge will perform perfectly well up north. It’s exactly what we build them for.

how does the 190L perform in the outback off the grid on a 44 deg day? does it stay at 4 deg or below in the fridge section?
Depending on how many times it is opened. I had a thermometer in it and the temp did comedown to 3, but everything in the fridge was as cold to touch as they were on a colder day. Now I just go by feel and it is good. The hotter days affect the freezer temp reading more but everything stays solid.Hi, Tom from Bushman here. We’ve tested the fridge in 42 degrees ambient and it performed fine. Freezer will stay around -10 degrees and fridge around -4. We use a massive cooling system on this fridge, external heat exchanger and heavy insulation. It’s the same fridge cabinet we use for our LPG off grid fridges and they go everywhere around the country where there’s no mains power. Any queries feel free to call us. Cheers.thanks for the above answer. What is the weight difference please on the 190L to 285L?

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives