Bushman Original SC35-52

Bushman Original SC35-52 Questions & Answers

69 questions from our users

Bridget

Bridgetasked

Can I use this Bushman as a fridge and freezer at all? Is there a configuration for this? cheers in advance.

Hi Bridget,
Best thing to do, watch the video on the product page https://bushman.com.au/product/bushman-sc35-52/
Thanks!
Tom, BUSHMAN

Leelee

Leeleeasked

My fridge has to be checkedvevery 24-48hrs I have it on 240 pwer in motorhome and it will stop working .I turn power switch off & back on & hear compressor start up,and will run again only to stop some time next day or 2.Constantly have to monitor any thoughts.

Matt I.
Matt I.

I am having the same issue, it cools fine, but after 12 hours or so it stops cooling. Using an inverter and 240v, when I turn it off and on, it begins to cool again.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi, this sounds like a low or fluctuating voltage issue. To isolate the problem, run the fridge from an alternate power supply 12V 8A (100 watts). The Danfoss compressor requires an 8A start up torque current, just for a millisecond to turn the compressor over when it starts.
Also, you can run the fridge directly from your battery bank on 12V. When 240V power is available, just plug your smart battery charger in and it will float charge your batteries and supply the extra load to run the fridge at the same time. Any queries just call 03 9437 0737.
Thanks,
Tom BUSHMAN

Dianne F.

Dianne F.asked

Could you please tell me the dimensions of the 35 litre fridge freezer cover, we need a new one and our old cover measures 560x330x380
Thankyou

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Dianne, the new covers are the same size as the old ones. The fridge cabinet is the exact same size for over 20 years.

Peter Steffanoni

Peter Steffanoniasked

how good is it as a freezer

Hi Peter,
Works excellent as a freezer in 35L or 45L configuration.
Hopefully you will get an answer from some customers too.
Let me know if you have any other queries.
Cheers,
Tom.

Justin

Justinasked

Gday, had this fridge for years and hasn't missed a beat, till now the power light is on and displays the current temp but the compressor won't kick in at all, suggestions?

Jacob S.
Jacob S.

Hi Justin, I also have owned mine for years and the exact same thing happened yesterday. Compressor won’t kick in but it is displaying the temp. I’m a sparky by trade, checked the connections to the controller/module next to the compressor and they were all good.
Dc supply was reading 13.3v from the car and also tried 240v supply and had 13.6v at the fridge from the transformer.
Not sure what is going on...

Anthony
Anthony

Must be thermostat

Hi Guys,
Check the incoming current on the back of the control panel. This needs to be done at the exact second the compressor tries to start. If it drops below 11V for an instance the compressor will try to start then stop.
If the current is good, try the toggle switch on the back of the control panel. If you switch it to ON, does the compressor run continuously? If so, you will need to replace the thermostat. Either way once you have done this, give us a call 03 9437 0737 and we can work out what to do next.
Thanks, Tom. BUSHMAN.

Jane

Janeasked

What is the max Watts for the Bushman Fridge SC35. I'm looking to run it on a generator and currently doing homework before I purchase either. Also what is the best way to link the fridge to a generator. Looking to buy a Yamaha Inverter generator.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jane, The Original Bushman Fridge will draw maximum 60watts when it first starts. The wattage will drop over time as the compressor speed reduces. Most often customers would run the fridge from a 12V battery and use a smart charger to maintain the battery from the generator. This way you will not need to run the generator all the time.

John M.

John M.asked

Just noticed our Bushman fridge is not cutting off when it reaches the set temp. Have it set for -2 and it’s still running and down to -13. The beers too cold.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi John, it sounds like the manual override switch may be ON. If you take the top off the compressor compartment (5 screws) you will se a large toggle switch under the circuit board. This should be in the OFF position. If that doesn't fix it, please call us on 03 9437 0737 so we can help you over the phone. Thanks, Tom. Bushman.

George M.

George M.asked

Hi. I have a Bushman 35/52 bought it in 2008 it has been a super fridge, until this trip where I am having a problem with the fridge not restarting after it gets to the temp set. It seems to get down quick enough just doesn't restart so everything defrosts.
Cheers George

Hi George,
I suggest ringing Bushman on (03) 8566 9207. They actually have humans answer the phone and are very helpful fault finding with you.

Please contact us directly anytime.
We’re always happy to help!
(03) 8566 9207
info@bushman.com.au
3 Contour Close, Research VIC
Australia 3095
Mon-Fri / 8:30am-5pm

Hope this assists

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi George, yes please feel free to call us, the right number is (03) 9437 0737. Thanks!

Paul Easked

Only use bushman a few times a year ,should you run fridge a couple of hrs a month or just store it til next trip

Pete S

Hi Paul. I’m no expert however I think running a fridge for a day or so every 6 months is a good idea.
Pete

Thanks for reply

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi, Yes running the fridge is the best thing you can do for it. We find that fridges that are always on seem to go forever. It's the same with a house fridge. Cheers. Tom.

Wayne B.

Wayne B.asked

Hi I have a old bushman 35. 12 volt only. The fan cuts in and out. Set at 4 degrees. Any solution. Thanks in advance

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Wayne. The fan should cut in and out with the compressor?

Fred

Fredasked

Is it OK to mount the fridge in a ute tub? What breathing space is required around the vents to allow adequate air movement?

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Fred, good question. Yes you can mount the fridge anywhere it fits, ideally with minimum 50mm clearance on the sides and top. The most important things are air flow and ambient temperature. Ideally the fridge would have air coming into and out of the place where it sits, so outside air can get in and the warmer air can get out. Also consider the ambient temperature if the fridge is under a tub cover as it can get pretty hot in there, Thanks, Tom. BUSHMAN.

Jackie J.

Jackie J.asked

My unit has power but not working could you give me some pointers please

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jackie, Please check your owners manual for troubleshooting tips. You're welcome to call us 03 9437 0737 to chat to a tech person too. Thanks, Tom. BUSHMAN

Perry

Perryasked

Hi have a bushman fridge dose the fan run all the time when fride on thanks

danielson
danielson

Hi Perry, I just bought mine before Christmas, it appears that the fan runs only when the compressor is working (intermittantly) to expel the heat out of the enclosure.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Thanks danielson, you're spot on.

James

Jamesasked

Hi I have a sc35 it works fine when plugged in at home but when I plug it into a 12v source it wont work it has power but it keeps cutting in and out and wont get cold is there an easy fix you could tell me thanx

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi James, sounds like a low current issue. Try using a different 12V source and check your leads and connections are quality. If you still have issues, please call us 03 9437 0737 so we can talk you through some troubleshooting. Cheers, Tom.

Jen

Jenasked

I have a bushman 35L fridge. I am unable to change settings on control panel. Reset not working. What is the cost to replace or fix? thanks

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jen. First check to see if there is a AA battery compartment above the LCD screen - only much older models had this. If not, please call us on 03 9437 0737 so we can talk you through a few tests and options. Thanks - Tom.

Scottf

Scottfasked

Hi guys I have a brand new 130 litre caravan bushland fridge and the compressor keeps running any ideas
Cheers
Scott

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Scott. We've answered your question on the DC130-X listing. Cheers.

Ian rasked

My bushman fridge won’t hold set temp consistently and continues down to -18 the toggle switch is in the off position, any ideas. Thanks Ian

Hi Ian,

if it is avery old fridge, 15 years or so then the default setting was -18, all later models had a -2 default setting. Sounds a bit like a thermostat failure
if so we can forward you one and you can simply fit it yourself.
might be a good idea to give us a call and we can run through it with you so we can be sure of the problem and get it resolved as soon as possible

Ian r

Hi thanks for your reply, the fridge would only be about 4 years old. I can set the temp and it will cool to its setting and the compressor will stop but i can come back later and the temp keeps going down

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Ian, sounds like it could be a thermostat issue. We can fix this for you quickly. Please cal us on 03 9437 0737. Thanks, Tom.

Jason W.

Jason W.asked

I just bought a second hand bushman sc35-42 and it freezes. It won't stop running, any help would be great. Jason

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jason. First check under the control panel. There is a toggle switch which should be in the OFF position. Take the top off the compressor compartment to get to it. If you’re still stuck, call us on 03 9437 0737 when you are with your fridge a we’ll talk you through some tests. Cheers. Tom.

Mark

Markasked

I would be operating on a boat with 12 V DC and 240V AC. In DC, how many amps will it draw in freezer mode?

Regards Mark

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Mark, the average consumption in 35L as a deep freezer (-18º) will be between around 1.5 Amps per hour average.

Alexander D.

Alexander D.asked

Hi
Just purchased a secondhand sc35 can't see anything on the online owners manual should the power light be red once at temperature
Cheers

Brian I
Brian I

Yes -the redlight shows its working. Green light shows its at temperature. Try "Set' the temp down to say - 10 . The fridge should start showing the red light. Then raise the set temp to say + 3 and the fridge should stop and the red and green lights come on. Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives