Bushman Original SC35-52

Bushman Original SC35-52 Questions & Answers

60 questions from our users

Wayne B.

Wayne B.asked

Hi I have a old bushman 35. 12 volt only. The fan cuts in and out. Set at 4 degrees. Any solution. Thanks in advance

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Wayne. The fan should cut in and out with the compressor?

Fred

Fredasked

Is it OK to mount the fridge in a ute tub? What breathing space is required around the vents to allow adequate air movement?

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Fred, good question. Yes you can mount the fridge anywhere it fits, ideally with minimum 50mm clearance on the sides and top. The most important things are air flow and ambient temperature. Ideally the fridge would have air coming into and out of the place where it sits, so outside air can get in and the warmer air can get out. Also consider the ambient temperature if the fridge is under a tub cover as it can get pretty hot in there, Thanks, Tom. BUSHMAN.

Jackie J.

Jackie J.asked

My unit has power but not working could you give me some pointers please

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jackie, Please check your owners manual for troubleshooting tips. You're welcome to call us 03 9437 0737 to chat to a tech person too. Thanks, Tom. BUSHMAN

Perry

Perryasked

Hi have a bushman fridge dose the fan run all the time when fride on thanks

danielson
danielson

Hi Perry, I just bought mine before Christmas, it appears that the fan runs only when the compressor is working (intermittantly) to expel the heat out of the enclosure.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Thanks danielson, you're spot on.

James

Jamesasked

Hi I have a sc35 it works fine when plugged in at home but when I plug it into a 12v source it wont work it has power but it keeps cutting in and out and wont get cold is there an easy fix you could tell me thanx

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi James, sounds like a low current issue. Try using a different 12V source and check your leads and connections are quality. If you still have issues, please call us 03 9437 0737 so we can talk you through some troubleshooting. Cheers, Tom.

Jen

Jenasked

I have a bushman 35L fridge. I am unable to change settings on control panel. Reset not working. What is the cost to replace or fix? thanks

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jen. First check to see if there is a AA battery compartment above the LCD screen - only much older models had this. If not, please call us on 03 9437 0737 so we can talk you through a few tests and options. Thanks - Tom.

Scottf

Scottfasked

Hi guys I have a brand new 130 litre caravan bushland fridge and the compressor keeps running any ideas
Scott

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Scott. We've answered your question on the DC130-X listing. Cheers.

Ian rasked

My bushman fridge won’t hold set temp consistently and continues down to -18 the toggle switch is in the off position, any ideas. Thanks Ian

Hi Ian,

if it is avery old fridge, 15 years or so then the default setting was -18, all later models had a -2 default setting. Sounds a bit like a thermostat failure
if so we can forward you one and you can simply fit it yourself.
might be a good idea to give us a call and we can run through it with you so we can be sure of the problem and get it resolved as soon as possible

Ian r

Hi thanks for your reply, the fridge would only be about 4 years old. I can set the temp and it will cool to its setting and the compressor will stop but i can come back later and the temp keeps going down

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Ian, sounds like it could be a thermostat issue. We can fix this for you quickly. Please cal us on 03 9437 0737. Thanks, Tom.

Jason W.

Jason W.asked

I just bought a second hand bushman sc35-42 and it freezes. It won't stop running, any help would be great. Jason

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jason. First check under the control panel. There is a toggle switch which should be in the OFF position. Take the top off the compressor compartment to get to it. If you’re still stuck, call us on 03 9437 0737 when you are with your fridge a we’ll talk you through some tests. Cheers. Tom.

Mark

Markasked

I would be operating on a boat with 12 V DC and 240V AC. In DC, how many amps will it draw in freezer mode?

Regards Mark

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Mark, the average consumption in 35L as a deep freezer (-18º) will be between around 1.5 Amps per hour average.

Alexander D.

Alexander D.asked

Hi
Just purchased a secondhand sc35 can't see anything on the online owners manual should the power light be red once at temperature

Brian I
Brian I

Yes -the redlight shows its working. Green light shows its at temperature. Try "Set' the temp down to say - 10 . The fridge should start showing the red light. Then raise the set temp to say + 3 and the fridge should stop and the red and green lights come on. Hope this helps.

James Masked

Not a question but a solution. I found that the problem with my fridge not working, (Was running OK for about 3 years on my car's aux battery but now will only run above 13V, engine running, 240V or on a solar panel during the day) was that part of the plastic casing holding one of the 12v pins had broken away allowing the pin to be pushed back when inserting the plug. This resulted in very little contact only allowing the higher voltage (above 12.9v or so to kick start the motor) I resolved this problem by removing the plastic block holding the pins, taping around the base (wire side up) with a few millimetres of tape protruding above it, replacing the broken bit with the pin and wire still attached and filling it up with epoxy resin, Araldite or similar. Best to keep the plug connected to ensure the broken pin is properly aligned and held in place. Leave it for a few days until fully cured. This fix means it's better than new. When you're constantly pulling the plug in and out it compromises the thin plastic pin holder and it may eventually break.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi James, thanks for the detailed info you have well and truly sorted that out. Sometimes we get customers to file down the plastic ridges on the oustside of the plastic 2-pin plug. The allows the plug to be inserted and unplugged without wiggling - this is mostly helpful only if you need to plug and unplug often, as the ridges are designed to stop the plug vibrating out. Cheers, Tom.

James M

Thanks Paul, I'll have to try that as I use it for camping and also at home (240v) Fridge still going strong.

Steve w.asked

Hi. I have an old bushman sc 35 that needs a new control panel. However the wiring is soldered onto the curcuit board. No plugs. Is this a job for a technition or how can I do it myself at home

Hi Steve

Best thing to do is contact Bushman at their Melbourne phone number and the Tecs there will explain to you how you can connect a new control board.

Thanks Ron I will call on Monday. Hopefully its an easy fix

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Steve, it’s an easy fix. We supply spade connectors with a new control panel ($133) and all the instructions you will need to swap them over. No soldering needed. Cheers.

Colleen Hasked

My fridge is about 6 years old, switch not working, Removed cover, turned fan on, it's working.
Any suggestions please to fix it?

Hi Colleen

It sounds like a control panel problem.
Contact Bushman at their Melbourne address and explain the problem, and you will be able to get technical advice and they can supply a new control panel if you need one.
Contact phone number I recall was 03 9437 0737, I found them extremely helpful.

RonL11

Hi Colleen,
It could be a problem with the rocker switch.
Feel free to call us at head office and we'll sort it out for you.
03 9437 0737
Thanks, Tom.

Colleen H

Rang Bushmans, confirmed that the control panel needed replacing, ordered a new one, it arrived the next day .It is working .Excellent service.

Brad

Bradasked

Hi Bushmans, just wondering how long the Anderson plug you sell for the 35/52l unit is? Cheers

Hi Brad,
The HD Anderson lead is 2m long.
Then the extension piece which has an Anderson on one end and a cigarette lighter plug on the other is another 30cm long.
Cheers,
Tom

MichaelF

MichaelFasked

I have an SC35-52L, the CIG connector on the power cable has given up the ghost. I would like to change to an Anderson plug connection. My question, is the power cable polarity sensitive, and if so, how can I determine which is the positive side of the twin core cable? BTW: Had the fridge since 2013, dragged it all over the roughest parts of northern Australia as well as many other places throughout QLD, NSW & Vic, never had a spot of bother with it and never run out of cold beer/wine or lost any food along the way... wouldn't consider any other brand in the future...... :))

Hi,
The wire with the writing on it is the positive :)

Roo

Rooasked

Hi there, my Bushman runs fine until it cycles off and then won't restart. Battery is fully charged. Could it be thermostat issue?
Any clues?
Cheers Roo

tom.redcama
tom.redcama

Suggest you contact Bushman. They are very helpful.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Sounds as though it is hitting low voltage cut out. This could be in the fridge or your wiring. there are a few things to check but best you give us a call and we will run you through procedures to try and idetify the problem.

Garry

Garryasked

Is it possible to buy a new control board for my bushman??

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Sure can, just ring head office in Melbourne.

Mikeyasked

Hi all

I have a bushman 3 way XD70. Never been used on gas. Lights fine, but the flame dies once the manual button is released. Any ideas?

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Could be a couple of things, faulty thermocouple, rotary switch pins not making proper contact, fluff in the burner etc. Best give head office a call and can run through a few things to try.

Mikey

Thanks for that. So in frustration, with a sore thumb from trying about 20 times, I pulled the line off the gas bottle to pack it up. Then decided to try again. Worked first time. Left it on for 2 hours. Fridge got cold and the flame kept burning. No idea why, or why not. Maybe just the almighty having some fun.

Mike

Duane.C

Duane.Casked

My bushman starts for a couple of seconds on 12v then turns off when I leave it I can hear it want to run but turns of again could the condenser be dirty?

John L
John L

A previous post asked your same question.Bushman replied with "In the scenario you explain it sounds like the fridge is sensing a low current after it has been running on your battery for a few hours, so when it senses the low current it stops running to protect your battery from further discharge. There could be many different reasons why the compressor is sensing low current and hitting low current cut-out. We are more than happy to look at the fridge for you and the setup in your car to diagnose the issue. Please contact us at head office in Research, VIC on 03 9437 0737. Cheers, BUSHMAN."

derick
derick

Thesr’s a built in low battery voltage protector that stops the fridge running if the voltage is below 10 point something. Mine does the same. Try charging the battery. DERICK

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives