Bushman Original SC35-52

Bushman Original SC35-52 (page 2 of 5)

tom.redcama

tom.redcamaAlbany, Western Australia

It took Years to find it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Steve

SteveGold Coast

I’m a big fan

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Very confident with this purchase

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Chris Paton

Chris PatonCloncurry

Money well spent

We have used it as a fridge with all expansion lid and collars and it's excellent. We currently use it as a freezer and it is perfect. If you use the full size things in the very top most basket don't quite freeze. We have found this with other portable fridges also. It is quiet and doesn't use much of our battery, a fantastic and reliable product. The company is excellent to deal with, and where others couldn't they would bend over backwards to get it to us (outback Australia) and did it right away. We use our fridge in 40 to 45 degrees throughout the hot parts of the year with no problems or struggles. Totally recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

review

works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

Bounced over half the country

Our Bushman has lived in the back of our 4WD ever since we purchased it in 2013 after failed Waeco’s and an Engel.
In the time it has done two tips to the cape including the OTT.
4 trips to the Big Red Bash in Birdsville. Our most recent trip inluded over 3000km of seriously corrugated roads yet the bushman did not seem phased by it all.
Without a doubt the most reliable fridge I have ever owned.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

should have bought one years ago

we have had our bushman 52 litre fridge for under 12 months but love how versatile it is for free camping. we have almost finished our west Australia adventure and it didnt miss a beat over the 4 weeks we were away.

We use it in the back of the ute connected to a anderson plug and a dedicated battery. We made a special wooden frame to prevent movement in the back of the ute and to contain the battery.

Recently we have been unable to use the fridge for some months so will let you all know how it did being ignored for about 8 months in the shed next time we post.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Normo

NormoJurien Bay

Bushman simply amazing.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great unit and the best service.

have had the unit in our boat for years with no trouble at all. when used at home this week the 240v converter thing e blew, the manufacture offered a replace at reduced price (without me asking).
not only an excellent unit but unbeatable service.
the great feature is being able to change the size so when we go for the day its small capacity and large for longer periods on the water.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Gary JESSUP

Gary JESSUPNewborough

Long lasting awesome fridge

I purchased my original Bushman fridge in 2003 at the 4wd show in Melbourne, it ran constantly in my Troopcarrier and shed until 2014 when the evaporator plate separated from the cooling lines.

This happened a week before a trip so I bought a new Bushman.

When I returned from the trip I had the old fridge repaired at a cost of $250.

I now use the old fridge in my shed as a beer fridge, it runs 24/7 and is still doing as good a job as the day I got it.

Bushman is the only fridge I would recommend , price service and reliability is all #1.

Date PurchasedAug 2003

Golden Bear

Golden BearSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would be lost without it

We have owned this unit for more than 5 years and it was recommended to us by our camper trailer manufacturer upon purchase of the camper trailer
We love the fridge as it operates well and it’s easy enough to run via a variety of different means and maintains temperature even during 44degrees days

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Fantastic. wish i had bought one 30 years ago

Works a treat and love the different basket levels. I think my missus loves it more than me. We use it on our bush block connected to a 135A deep cycle with 120w solar without any problem. My son says its heaps quieter than his well known other brand of the same size without the added bits.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Top quality fridge.

I bought it around 2007. It has never let me down and the after sales service is second to none. It's done over 200,000 road kilometres without a hitch. A small problem 7 years ago with the transformer was fixed. I was given the latest model tranny as well as the latest digital control panel, plus a heavy duty lead. How much? Nothing! Unbelievably good service.

Date PurchasedNov 2007

Perfect fridge for camping and touring

We bought this bushman because it is far better and more versatile and usable than other convential fridges
we went to the factory to buy it and paul was so helpful and demonstrated how best to use it they were really great
we took the fridge away for a long holiday plugged in to the back of our van and it worked perfectly cant reccommend it enough

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Dom

DomSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great design. Brilliant customer service from Bushman.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Rick

Rickshepparton

what a great product!

First review I have ever written but while looking at there website I couldn't resist. I have had mine for as long as I can remember. Had a few panels replaced and because of the service this wasn't a issue. Mine has lived in my 4x4 all its life and has a few battle scars but works a treat. I am currently looking at another one for a second vehicle and I wouldn't even look elsewhere. Thanks to the team and up the customer service.
Cheers Rick

Date PurchasedJan 2000

The Night before Christmas

Well not exactly but just filled up the Bushman to the brim with freshly portioned Raw & Fresh mince from East Coast Dogs for my "Fur Baby" because we are heading up North on the night of the 24th December and won't be back for about 3 weeks! Turn it on and it don't sound right! A quick search and call to Bushman in Melbourne and they talked me through removing the 5 S/S screws and sure enough totally corroded from the old batteries! They have promised to pop a new circuit board into the express post and we are hoping we get it by Friday. Just wanted to say thanks for answering the phone after 5pm and helping over the phone!

Date PurchasedMay 2005
N1ckNack
N1ckNack

20 years old

Just had a new panel sent to me and I put it in first bit off work done on it in 20 years, the service the best, part Sent over night, works great and service on the phone all so to the point and very helpful, again thanks Brett

Date PurchasedMar 1997

Fred Nerk

Fred Nerk

Great investment

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Jeremy

JeremySydney

Very versatile low power consumption

I have had this fridge for over 10 years I mainly use it as a fridge rather than the freezer which is quite capable of doing. I set the temperature at 2° which means it turns on at 4° Off at 0°. So my drinks are really cold and fresh things such as salad products I put in the baskets above. Over the 10 years I have had a couple of issues. When I called Bushman there was no issue at all the support and backup and guidance everything was back on track.

Date PurchasedMar 2007

Jen

Jenasked

I have a bushman 35L fridge. I am unable to change settings on control panel. Reset not working. What is the cost to replace or fix? thanks

Paul - Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jen. First check to see if there is a AA battery compartment above the LCD screen - only much older models had this. If not, please call us on 03 9437 0737 so we can talk you through a few tests and options. Thanks - Tom.

Scottf

Scottfasked

Hi guys I have a brand new 130 litre caravan bushland fridge and the compressor keeps running any ideas
Cheers
Scott

Paul - Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Scott. We've answered your question on the DC130-X listing. Cheers.

Ian rasked

My bushman fridge won’t hold set temp consistently and continues down to -18 the toggle switch is in the off position, any ideas. Thanks Ian

Hi Ian,

if it is avery old fridge, 15 years or so then the default setting was -18, all later models had a -2 default setting. Sounds a bit like a thermostat failure
if so we can forward you one and you can simply fit it yourself.
might be a good idea to give us a call and we can run through it with you so we can be sure of the problem and get it resolved as soon as possible

Ian r

Hi thanks for your reply, the fridge would only be about 4 years old. I can set the temp and it will cool to its setting and the compressor will stop but i can come back later and the temp keeps going down

Paul - Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Ian, sounds like it could be a thermostat issue. We can fix this for you quickly. Please cal us on 03 9437 0737. Thanks, Tom.

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives