Bushman Original SC35-52

Bushman Original SC35-52 (page 2 of 6)

Pros

• Adjustable capacity of 32, 45 or 52 litres.

• Durable, reliable and energy efficient in all temperatures and conditions.

• Widely praised by customers

• Incentivised Review Yes (10%) · No (90%)

crs

crsSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

top product

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great product really like the whole concept

Great product haven’t tried it in extreme temperatures as yet but are confident it will perform well.
Everybody I spoke to pre purchase spoke really highly and some had purchased a second one as a full time freezer.
Customer service is exceptional, had a minor problem with a clip on the sleeve. Rang head office Friday before Christmas,new one arrived in the mail Christmas Eve (wow). Thanks Gary great service no questions only willing to help.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Simply the best for reliability and service

Purchased Bushman Original SC35-52 at Wauchope Caravan and Camping show. Travelled nearly 100,000 Km many on rough roads, not missing a beat. Handled well in hot conditions NT and Arnhemland. Only replaced control panel myself after all that travelling. Great assistance from Bushman staff identifying problem and giving me advice. Highly recommended. Also a good backup fridge/freezer at home when not travelling

Date PurchasedAug 2005

Look no further

I'm so thankful that I did my research. I was going to do the norm and buy what is the "Brand Names". I was tossing up between the Engel and Waeco.

I came across The Bushman Fridge and its in a league of its own. There is nothing you can fault on this fridge.

Thankyou Bushman Fridges for a fantastic Aussie Product.

AA+

Date PurchasedNov 2018

People up in Darwin put me onto this fridge

We have only just purchased the Bushman recently but have it in the house as a second fridge at the moment. We have it running continuously with drinks and vegetables in it mainly.
We are going travelling in a few weeks and also next year and this will become our fridge in our travels.
The way the fridge is configured to provide different volumes is a really good feature.

tom.redcama

tom.redcamaAlbany, Western Australia

It took Years to find it.

Steve

SteveGold Coast

I’m a big fan

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Very confident with this purchase

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Chris Paton

Chris PatonCloncurry

Money well spent

We have used it as a fridge with all expansion lid and collars and it's excellent. We currently use it as a freezer and it is perfect. If you use the full size things in the very top most basket don't quite freeze. We have found this with other portable fridges also. It is quiet and doesn't use much of our battery, a fantastic and reliable product. The company is excellent to deal with, and where others couldn't they would bend over backwards to get it to us (outback Australia) and did it right away. We use our fridge in 40 to 45 degrees throughout the hot parts of the year with no problems or struggles. Totally recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

review

works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.works well, only negative is the 240v - 12v lead setup.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Review collected in partnership with Bushman Fridges

Bounced over half the country

Our Bushman has lived in the back of our 4WD ever since we purchased it in 2013 after failed Waeco’s and an Engel.
In the time it has done two tips to the cape including the OTT.
4 trips to the Big Red Bash in Birdsville. Our most recent trip inluded over 3000km of seriously corrugated roads yet the bushman did not seem phased by it all.
Without a doubt the most reliable fridge I have ever owned.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

should have bought one years ago

we have had our bushman 52 litre fridge for under 12 months but love how versatile it is for free camping. we have almost finished our west Australia adventure and it didnt miss a beat over the 4 weeks we were away.

We use it in the back of the ute connected to a anderson plug and a dedicated battery. We made a special wooden frame to prevent movement in the back of the ute and to contain the battery.

Recently we have been unable to use the fridge for some months so will let you all know how it did being ignored for about 8 months in the shed next time we post.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Normo

NormoJurien Bay

Bushman simply amazing.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great unit and the best service.

have had the unit in our boat for years with no trouble at all. when used at home this week the 240v converter thing e blew, the manufacture offered a replace at reduced price (without me asking).
not only an excellent unit but unbeatable service.
the great feature is being able to change the size so when we go for the day its small capacity and large for longer periods on the water.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Gary JESSUP

Gary JESSUPNewborough

Long lasting awesome fridge

I purchased my original Bushman fridge in 2003 at the 4wd show in Melbourne, it ran constantly in my Troopcarrier and shed until 2014 when the evaporator plate separated from the cooling lines.

This happened a week before a trip so I bought a new Bushman.

When I returned from the trip I had the old fridge repaired at a cost of $250.

I now use the old fridge in my shed as a beer fridge, it runs 24/7 and is still doing as good a job as the day I got it.

Bushman is the only fridge I would recommend , price service and reliability is all #1.

Date PurchasedAug 2003
Golden Bear

Golden BearSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would be lost without it

We have owned this unit for more than 5 years and it was recommended to us by our camper trailer manufacturer upon purchase of the camper trailer
We love the fridge as it operates well and it’s easy enough to run via a variety of different means and maintains temperature even during 44degrees days

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Fantastic. wish i had bought one 30 years ago

Works a treat and love the different basket levels. I think my missus loves it more than me. We use it on our bush block connected to a 135A deep cycle with 120w solar without any problem. My son says its heaps quieter than his well known other brand of the same size without the added bits.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Denis

DenisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Top quality fridge.

I bought it around 2007. It has never let me down and the after sales service is second to none. It's done over 200,000 road kilometres without a hitch. A small problem 7 years ago with the transformer was fixed. I was given the latest model tranny as well as the latest digital control panel, plus a heavy duty lead. How much? Nothing! Unbelievably good service.

Date PurchasedNov 2007

Perfect fridge for camping and touring

We bought this bushman because it is far better and more versatile and usable than other convential fridges
we went to the factory to buy it and paul was so helpful and demonstrated how best to use it they were really great
we took the fridge away for a long holiday plugged in to the back of our van and it worked perfectly cant reccommend it enough

Date PurchasedSep 2017

DomSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great design. Brilliant customer service from Bushman.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

See all Bushman Original SC35-52 reviews

Wayne B.

Wayne B.asked

Hi I have a old bushman 35. 12 volt only. The fan cuts in and out. Set at 4 degrees. Any solution. Thanks in advance

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Wayne. The fan should cut in and out with the compressor?

Fred

Fredasked

Is it OK to mount the fridge in a ute tub? What breathing space is required around the vents to allow adequate air movement?

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Fred, good question. Yes you can mount the fridge anywhere it fits, ideally with minimum 50mm clearance on the sides and top. The most important things are air flow and ambient temperature. Ideally the fridge would have air coming into and out of the place where it sits, so outside air can get in and the warmer air can get out. Also consider the ambient temperature if the fridge is under a tub cover as it can get pretty hot in there, Thanks, Tom. BUSHMAN.

Jackie J.

Jackie J.asked

My unit has power but not working could you give me some pointers please

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Jackie, Please check your owners manual for troubleshooting tips. You're welcome to call us 03 9437 0737 to chat to a tech person too. Thanks, Tom. BUSHMAN

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives