Bushman Original SC35-52

Bushman Original SC35-52 (page 2 of 7)

Pros

• Adjustable capacity of 32, 45 or 52 litres.

• Durable, reliable and energy efficient in all temperatures and conditions.

• Widely praised by customers

Stephen R

Stephen RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

excellent fridge, runs perfectly off my Arkpak

Just done a weeks trip to SA the fridge is plugged into an ArkPak 730P with a 130ah battery which is connected to the cig. lighter socket in the rear of the Jeep. Runs perfectly and very efficient. Fridge was mainly used for drinks and lunch when traveling from place to place as well as picking up supplies for the caravan. Very happy with the fridge and would recommend it.

Dave z

Dave zHayborough

All round excellent fridge.

Have had the bushman for 4 months. It sits in the ute canopy everyday to keep work lunches cold in the 35l configuration. Have also been away on two trips where we used it in the 52l configuration. I can not fault the fridge. It is very efficient on power and very quite. Love that you can just set to the temperature you want and it will actually keep within two degrees of that number, and you can see what temperature the fridge actually is inside. The multi level temperatures zones work really well for keeping food frozen and cold at the same time. I would not hesitate to recommend this fridge to anyone.

Purchased in June 2019.

David S.

David S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great fridge - so good that we want another Bushman

We have just finished a big 4 week trip through outback NSW, QLD and SA covering many of the main tracks such as the Strzelecki, Oodnadatta and Birdsville plus many many other outback dirt roads. Our Bushman sits in the back of the ute and keeps things cold. It just works. It uses very little power, we have a 130ah battery in the back of the ute with a DCDC charger and only a few times in the four weeks did we bother to hook up some 120w solar panels to it. I highly recommend this fridge. It's so good that we are gong to oon replace the 3 way fridge in our offroad caravan with a Bushman upright compressor fridge. Do yourself a favour and buy one of these.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$1,395.00.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Bushman Original SC35-52 compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

George Rais

George RaisAustralian Capital Territory

Very happy AAAAA++++++

Just finished a 3 week Simpson Dessert trip and the fridge worked perfect. For the 2 of us it held all our food for the 3 weeks with no need for a second fridge or freezer. In 35 mode it is perfect for a weekend away and the 52 for longer trips. We have a dc to dc charger with a solar input and 100 watt panel on the roof and have stayed in 1 spot for 4 days and had no problems with the power draw ( only run the fridge and 1 led light strip)
We are very happy with this fridge and would not hesitate to recommend it anyone looking for a fridge/freezer.

Purchased in April 2019.

Don W.

Don W.

Glad we chose Bushman

We've only used our fridge a couple of times so far, but it used minimal power and kept our food and drinks cold. It is robustly constructed and the included cover keeps it looking new. Took it camping and kept it in the back of our Pajero Sport.

sandy

sandySydney Surrounds, NSW

Great product and customer service

Fantastic customer service from Adam. Sorted my problem out straight away. Would recommend the Bushman fridge to everyone. Great product and efficient customer service. Thanks again Adam for helping me out.

Purchased in June 2015.

Nic C.

Nic C.Gascoyne, WA

Bloody Great!

The guys from Bushmans have clearly thought this product through because it offers features that simply make sense for people that use a fridge in the back of a ute all of the time.

Purchased in October 2019.

need advice

i have an older sc32 model. it will get to set temp eventually , but cycles in and out every minute or so when initially turned on. shouldnt it run continously until set temp reached ? thanks for any help

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Tony, yes the fridge should cycle 2 degrees either side of set temp. You said it’s an older model, how old? Please call us 03 9437 0737 we’re always happy to help. Best Regards, Tom. Bushman.

Brucewoodworker

BrucewoodworkerCentral Queensland, QLD

Tough as!

Purchased in September 2017 at Jacksons Parts and Industrial Supplies for A$1,163.50.

Pete

Petecedar grove

Great fridge

Most of the reviews i've read here are the same. Pricey but awesome. I cant fault this fridge. I've had it for over a year now, it has performed wonderfully. Our recent trip to Fraser really made me see how rugged and reliable the construction is. The tracks were chewed out, really rough , the bushman handled it all, and still delivered a cold beer at the end of the trip. Love the different sizing options and the baskets, really well thought out. My only (1st world problem) is a light in the fridge when you open it. Thanks Bushman, great product, great fridge

Purchased in August 2018.

Best choice, but pricey

Good design, rugged and performs well, use it in a saltwater environment so we will see how that goes.
Power consumption seems to be very frugal.

Multilevel cold zones is good

Purchased in December 2018 for A$1,400.00.

Carolyn Arnold

Carolyn ArnoldSydney, NSW

Fantastic Product

We researched a lot before settling on our Bushman fridge. We are more than happy with it and really like to idea of being able to adjust the fridge size to our camping needs. We have had it for 6 mths now and used it several times camping without a problem. We found a crack in one of the new baskets and let Bushman know and were sent a replacement straight away - great service.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bushman Fridges for A$1,500.00.

Stephen Trigg

Stephen TriggSydney Surrounds, NSW

Most reliable unit ever made!!

This is my third bushman. None have failed and the oldest is 18 years. Amazing unit. These units may not have every feature but I have one in my truck, work van and caravan and they don’t miss a beat. I have used in temps upward of 42 degrees, beer is still cold. 10 out of 10.

Purchased in November 2018.

Great product

We have used our new fridge, while camping, on a number of occasions now, both with 240 v connection and solar panel/battery 12v connection. We are very happy with it. The ability to upsize or downsize according to how long you are away is great. It runs very efficiently, and in summer over a warm but cloudy week where we had no access to power other than the solar panels we had no trouble with the fridge running the battery down. It also continued to keep the things at the bottom frozen or very cold. Buying from a local company that has great reviews about service was also something that gave me peace of mind. We couldn't be happier.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$1,395.00.

Brian I

Brian IMid North Coast, NSW

True Aussie stuff

I have used a Bushman Fridge for 10 years without one ounce of problem. Its been used in a Camper Trailer across the Kimberley in it's 52 L configuration,Freezing at the bottom and cool at the top. Never went without a cold beer or lost any food.I have used it lately in the back of my 4WD in the 45L config.Keeps the steak frozen and the wife's wine cold. I'd recommend this simple to operate reliable fridge to anyone.

Very helpfull

Purchased in January 2019.

crs

crsSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

top product

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great product really like the whole concept

Great product haven’t tried it in extreme temperatures as yet but are confident it will perform well.
Everybody I spoke to pre purchase spoke really highly and some had purchased a second one as a full time freezer.
Customer service is exceptional, had a minor problem with a clip on the sleeve. Rang head office Friday before Christmas,new one arrived in the mail Christmas Eve (wow). Thanks Gary great service no questions only willing to help.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Simply the best for reliability and service

Purchased Bushman Original SC35-52 at Wauchope Caravan and Camping show. Travelled nearly 100,000 Km many on rough roads, not missing a beat. Handled well in hot conditions NT and Arnhemland. Only replaced control panel myself after all that travelling. Great assistance from Bushman staff identifying problem and giving me advice. Highly recommended. Also a good backup fridge/freezer at home when not travelling

Date PurchasedAug 2005

Look no further

I'm so thankful that I did my research. I was going to do the norm and buy what is the "Brand Names". I was tossing up between the Engel and Waeco.

I came across The Bushman Fridge and its in a league of its own. There is nothing you can fault on this fridge.

Thankyou Bushman Fridges for a fantastic Aussie Product.

AA+

Date PurchasedNov 2018
See all Bushman Original SC35-52 reviews

Bridget

Bridgetasked

Can I use this Bushman as a fridge and freezer at all? Is there a configuration for this? cheers in advance.

Hi Bridget,
Best thing to do, watch the video on the product page https://bushman.com.au/product/bushman-sc35-52/
Thanks!
Tom, BUSHMAN

Leelee

Leeleeasked

My fridge has to be checkedvevery 24-48hrs I have it on 240 pwer in motorhome and it will stop working .I turn power switch off & back on & hear compressor start up,and will run again only to stop some time next day or 2.Constantly have to monitor any thoughts.

Matt I.
Matt I.

I am having the same issue, it cools fine, but after 12 hours or so it stops cooling. Using an inverter and 240v, when I turn it off and on, it begins to cool again.

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi, this sounds like a low or fluctuating voltage issue. To isolate the problem, run the fridge from an alternate power supply 12V 8A (100 watts). The Danfoss compressor requires an 8A start up torque current, just for a millisecond to turn the compressor over when it starts.
Also, you can run the fridge directly from your battery bank on 12V. When 240V power is available, just plug your smart battery charger in and it will float charge your batteries and supply the extra load to run the fridge at the same time. Any queries just call 03 9437 0737.
Thanks,
Tom BUSHMAN

Dianne F.

Dianne F.asked

Could you please tell me the dimensions of the 35 litre fridge freezer cover, we need a new one and our old cover measures 560x330x380
Thankyou

Bushman FridgesBushman Fridges

Hi Dianne, the new covers are the same size as the old ones. The fridge cabinet is the exact same size for over 20 years.

Get an answer from our members and Bushman Fridges representatives