3Bushman Roadie 15L

Bushman Roadie 15L Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:SC15
Leah
Leah

can this fridge become a console in a hilux ?

Bushman Fridges   DM

Hi Leah, thanks for the question. Every car is slightly different and I'm not sure about a Hilux. Best thing to do is measure up the width and length of the area you have to see if it will fit first. Cheers, Tommy.

Norm P
Norm P

What is the average current draw in amps please. I would like to know how long a 100Ahrs battery will run the fridge for before needing to be recharged.

Bushman Fridges   DM

Hi Norm, Generally we say 3 days and 3 nights for a 100Ah battery which gives you a nice buffer so you don't run out of power and don't run your battery down too low as this reduces the life of your battery. In good conditions you will get much longer than this.
Ultimately the exact answer will depend on local factors (ambient temperature, fridge set temperature, how often opened, how much stuff is in the fridge, humidity, air flow, radiant heat, and battery type).
In normal conditions inside a car at 25 degrees ambient with the fridge set to 4 degrees, no direct sunlight and some air flow you will use around 0.6 of an amp per hour at 12.5 volts or 15Ah per day. If you're using the fridge and putting in drinks to cool down, the use will be slightly higher. To be safe we could say 1 amp per hour maximum to give yourself a nice buffer, as the amp draw will increase slightly as the voltage in the battery drops. After 3 full days you would have used a maximum of 72Ah. At this stage your battery would be 70% discharged which is the most you would want to discharge a deep cycle battery, unless you are using lithium which you could run flat.
Ideally it is best to keep your batteries close to fully charged, so if you are considering solar it is best to have more than less. Tat way when the sun shines you can get as much power back into your battery as possible. If you would like any more info feel free to call us anytime. Cheers. Tom.

Michael D.
Michael D.

I need a 15L freezer that can be set at minus 11 as I want freeze blocks to go in my 20L esky when needed to extend my camping time out in the bush and to do the same thing when I stay on my yacht. It is the best way I know to get the most out of your fridge. It it possible to get it set to -18 degrees celcius?

Bushman Fridges   DM

Hi Michael, Yes, the Roadie will do this. If you want it to operate only as a freezer let us know and we will programme it accordingly

Trish M.
Trish M.

I'm interested in freezer only, but figure -5 is low enough. On freezer, what's the average Amp draw? Ta

Desley Ward

I would like to know if the Bushman Roadie 15L fridge has 240v capability.

Matthew
Matthew

I run mine on 240v with the following transformer. https://bushman.com.au/product/bushman-transformer-240v. It essentially takes 240v AC and converts to 12v DC. Mine runs 24/7 with this type of setup.

Desley Ward

Thank you Matthew, it makes it more appealing if I can do that.

Bushman Fridges   DM

Hi Desley, Above answers are correct.
Cheers.