3Bushman Roadie 15L

Bushman Roadie 15L (page 2)

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:SC15

You can fit a lot in the fridge and it stays nice and cold Show details ·  1
LTR
LTR2 posts

Does the job

It’s a pretty well thought out fridge in regards to storing tall bottles and cans. Comes with a cover, shoulder strap, tie downs, rubber feet etc. For some reason I thought the cup holders were chilled…they’re not. My mistake! Would’ve been cool if they were. The plug is a bit ordinary, socket not recessed for the cable/plug, so it’s quite vulnerable. If something brushes past it the plug can pull out easily. Which it did on day two of our trip. This should be improved. It’s a portable fridge so it doesn’t have a permanent spot in our cars where the power cable can be set up more securely. Anyway a bit of gaffer tape sorts it out. Would just like to buy something that does need a home fix with tape, cable ties etc to make it better. Show details ·  1
Darren C.
Darren C.4 posts

My Fridge

To be honest I bought the fridge for my 75 series. Once I got the fridge,I put it in my car, but unfortunately it didn't fit,so I haven't used it. Show details ·  1
Lorraine Griffiths
Lorraine GriffithsWAPerth, WA

Exactly what I wanted

I wanted a smaller fridge for those shorter trips and this one is perfect. It takes up so little room and fits enough in it for a weekend away. It keeps everything perfectly cool and is very robust. Show reply
Grant Andrews
Grant AndrewsWAPerth, WA2 posts

Great car fridge

I travel extensively in my car. The fridge has great capacity to carry and cool (very cool) drinks for the road. It fits perfectly between the front seats of my people mover Show details ·  1
Kelvin Guppy
Kelvin Guppy

Great, reliable

Used as a centre console second fridge, has been great so far everything works well very quiet and seems to be efficient on power.
Could maybe use an internal light and the temp control is very easy to bump which has resulted in freezing a fridge full of drinks. Show details ·  1
Andrew Hawke
Andrew HawkeNSWNorth Western Region, NSW

Absolutely love it, I have been Engel fridges all my life but now I’m looking at a 130L upright bushman for my canopy

Fridge works awesome in the centre console of my Landcruiser Show details ·  1
Anthony Graham
Anthony GrahamQLDFar North Queensland, QLD

Bushman Roadie not cheap but excellent quality

I use the roadie as a drinks fridge and sometimes as a freezer. It works very well doing both. The current draw at 2.5 amps is worth noting too. I hardly notice the draw on the battery. It’s not a cheap fridge but it is good quality and it fitted in the small space I had perfectly. Show reply
peta hillier
peta hillier

Great little fridge husband loves if in the truck

It’s used daily in out truck and never misses a beat perfect side opening for behind the seat and large captivity yo hold plenty for multiple days on the road Show details ·  1
Jake Rohr
Jake Rohr

Built for travellers

Great quality, metal not plastic, strong magnetic lid. Customisable mounting with tie down straps and reversible lid. Customisable for your need and your interior, design has been thought through well to be most practical, becomes cold within minutes after turning it on and is quite efficient on the auxiliary battery Show details ·  1
Wags
WagsSASoutheast, SA5 posts

Brilliant little fridge

Fitted this little fridge into my 79 series cruiser removed console and put unit in its place, if i could make one tiny suggestion it would be that if the lid opened from the front in this type of installation it would be absolutely perfect. Cooling is excellent on 4, uses very little power, great height for arm rest. way out in front great job guys! Show details ·  1
kym jackson
kym jacksonQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

what a good little work horse fridge

what a little buety. i keep it running 24/7 in the shed on 240v power. keep it full of drinkds and then when we go out anywhere i just grab it, plug into the 12v and cold drinks all day long. the quality of build is awesome, power usage is awesome. as it doesnt have a basket like my other fridge i hope the cans of drink dont rub the inner coating to much. Show details ·  1
Gary Owen
Gary Owen
  Fair Incentive Verified

Best well made fridge on the market

Fantastic very reliable, hardly uses any battery, very light and portable, had the fridge hard wired in my van and now I never leave it empty, I would reccomend it to anyone
Regards
Gary Show details ·  1
Marie J.
Marie J.21 posts

Fantastic fridge

Best thing I've bought for my Subaru Forrester, works great, very well built, compact, efficient, love it. well worth the money. Straps, cover, leads excellent, 240v connection handy too in shed. Show details ·  1
Linton Young
Linton YoungQLDCentral Queensland, QLD

Bushman 15 ltr fridge

Very happy with the compact size of the 15ltr fridge as it fits snuggly behind my truck seat. The steel outer case is a huge benefit and the main reason I was drawn to the Bushman brand . Given the temperature inside the cabin living in QLD it works really well keeping my water and lunch nice and cold with minimal battery drain.
Satisfied customer Linton Show details ·  1
Jeff Winter
Jeff Winter

Most Excellent in car fridge

Very impressed with the extremely low current draw of this fridge when set on 4deg. I have it on 24/7 and love the convenience of being able to just reach behind and grab a cold drink while driving. My bride just loves it. Highly recommend. Show details ·  1

Martin
MartinNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Great in car fridge

Great small fridge/freezer. Great for drinks or a small frozen food shop. Really good that it can also be used with 240V.
Sits on back seat of Ute so available and handy.
The shoulder strap is useful but can get a bit heavy when full of beer... Show details ·  1
GSB
GSBVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
S H.
S H.2 posts

Great improvement to my van

Getting the Bushman Roadie 1.5lt fridge is a life changer for my wife.
She works long hours away from home, and during summer she struggled to keep her food fresh and cold. Not to mention the beers. We are yet to try it out in hot dry conditions but I'm sure it will be fine.
The Bushman Roadie1.5lt fridge is for the work van, but will be used on camping trips to.
Nth Qld is our next destination and it will be used 6 days a week.
The Bushman Roadie 1.5lt fridge is compact enough to have in the front of the van for easy reach, its uses very little power and doesn't make much noise.
I would have liked more length in the power cord and also a cord to put to mains power would have been handy as well. Show details ·  1
Steven FAEHNDRICH
Steven FAEHNDRICH

FRIDGE PERFECT FOR OUR NEEDS

Great little fridge, and meets our needs perfectly. It’s mounted in the cab of my 4WD and on all the time. Very well built, and service from Bushman's good. We received the fridge within days of ordering it. Recommended, I would buy another if needed. Show details ·  1
Petrina Clarke
Petrina Clarke

Absolutely love it! Going to get another one for our other car we love it that much

It fits enough for what we got it for and keeps the drinks cold. The fact it is also portable and comes with a bag which I leave on all the time, is so convenient. It’s in our ute and used all the time and for long trips it’s fantastic. We use it like an armrest plus fridge! Show details ·  1
Laura
Laura

Quiet, efficient - perfect for my needs!!

Have used my Bushman now for a month on the road. No problem at all. It is very quiet. Uses very little power. I only had a tiny space - so this was perfect dimensions - and much bigger inside capacity than others I looked at. Well worth the price.  Show details ·  1
Tony C.
Tony C.NSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Serves my purpose well

I have not had the Fridge off since I purchased it . It is a second Fridge for my yacht and it is fitted in an ice box provision in the cockpit . When not on shore power it works off solar panels . Great Fridge .
Regards Tony  Show details ·  1
Paul Cooney
Paul Cooney

Efficient, compact, quite and effective

Found this after lots of searching and have been delighted with the product. Great responses to temperature adjustment. Ideal size for bottles as well as other essentials. Quiet and smart operation. Switched off when vehicle not running so no battery risk. Attractive , compact and great value. Show details ·  1
HTH
HTH2 posts

Neat and quiet traveller

Working perfectly in my Range Rover Velar on trip up to far north Queensland. Drinks cold and food fresh for picnics and breakfast on the road. What more do we want? Show details ·  1
Richard Austin
Richard Austin

Feels sturdy and well made

After extensive research I settled on this small fridge/freezer for my van. Great design and well made. it does exactly what it does on the tin.

I have two practical challenges with it (note I am still giving the product 5 stars):

1. There are no instructions for where to drill / attach the tie-down bracket at the rear of the fridge, I started drilling and immediatly found that was insulation not metal. How about just fit the brackets prior to shipping? As such I can only strap the fridge down at the front.....

2. In relation to the above, with no rear tie down strap attachment the carry handle is pointless. Show details ·  1

Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones

Fantastic little beer fridge

Finally got the chance to install the roadie in my canopy, cracking little fridge that has been performing as expected, another quality product from bushman. Compliments the 65l upright perfectly.  Show details ·  1
Alex
Alex2 posts

Everything you expect from a Aussie product

I bought this Fridge to use as centre console fridge in a Nissan Patrol for my new job in outback Queensland and it simply works the way it says on the box. It hardly uses any power and I can use it as a freezer to compliment my original Bushman fridge I already own. If I ever change vehicle's the fridge will be coming with me!! Show reply
Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis

I have it in my Tesla and i love it!!

I use the Roadie 15L in my Tesla Model 3 on "camp mode" so i can run it when im not in the car and its SIMPLY AWESOME! Its surprisingly quiet and I love that it can comfortably hold tall bottles.
Sandra Coventry
Sandra Coventry2 posts

Amazing product

Runs perfectly in 40°+ weather. Doesn’t use large amounts of power, works well on long trips as well. The cup holders are also great and do the job, a nice touch. Definitely worth the price.  Show details
Mitchell Gatenby
Mitchell Gatenby

Best gift ever!

I bought this fridge as a gift for my dad for Christmas and he rings me every time he uses it telling me that it's the best thing he owns! (And he has a lot of toys)
The build quality and finish was by far the best of all the other options I looked at.
Would highly recommend this little unit! Show details
mick
mickSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

very good fridge

a solid 4 ive had a couple of 35-52l fridges over 9 years and this one stands up well next to them,i bought the roadie approx 5 yr ago strongly built i would like a better temp dial and as a matter of course i paint all my fridges white my gear gets fulltime use
Mary
MaryACTCanberra 2600, ACT5 posts

absolutely love this little fridge

Fits perfectly between front seats of Vito Van, came with plugs and fittings long enough to pass through to the solar set up just behind the front seats so easy to plug directly into the solar powered lithium battery or use the car battery. Fits a bottle of wine, large drink bottles and a few small things that need to be cold. Very quiet operation. Have 160W solar panel, never any problems with the energy this fridge is drawing. Easy to access top with good seal - very happy with this product, it was worth the money. Show details
John S.
John S.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the business

What to say..... Does the job and does it well. Had this for a while now and can always rely on it when camping and fishing. Nothing really to complain about. Show details
Denise Cowie
Denise CowieVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Fantastic Fits perfect between seats in our Troopy

Fits perfect between the seats in our Troopy We can use for drinks has cup holders and able to use as a arm rest brilliant
Use it when we go 4x4 as a freezer which complements our other Engel fridge. Show details
Alan Green
Alan GreenVICWestern District, VIC

Using as a small freezer. Very handy

Early days yet. Covid has curtailed our travels. Looking at a 55lt in February for the new camper as well , then the Kimberley will sort things out as we head up the Hay river road Show details

Andrew Berghuis
Andrew BerghuisQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great little fridge

Really nice sized fridge for day trips and a
drink fridge when camping. Very quiet running. Cheers Really nice sized fridge for day trips and a
drink fridge when camping. Show details
Victoria Jewett
Victoria JewettACTCanberra Airport 2609, ACT3 posts

It works

The bushman roadie is a top performer with good insulation, engineering and design. It's a fridge and freezer where lesser creatures are marginally better than a cooler. The unit is economical to operate, quiet and well built. I'm yet to install an auxiliary battery so have been running it off the main. It comes with straps and a cover. This is my second Bushman fridge, having purchased the original 52 Litre model several years ago which operates well. The Bushman team are friendly and helpful.
Victoria - Canberra Show details
Daniel Watson
Daniel Watson

Love it

Love it. Great little fridge. Complements my Other Bushman Fridge. Good on power. Nice on the eye. Totally recommend. And it’s Australian made. Support Aussie Business and buy direct. You won’t regret this purchase. Show details
Neville G.
Neville G.

We love our Roadie

We needed a small, compact car fridge, that would sit comfortably between the front seats of our iMax. The Roadie is a quality fridge that does the job beautifully. It’s quiet, and uses little power. We love our Bushman. Show details

Extra Information