Bushman XD70 3-Way

A great second freezer and very economical on gas.

The best purchase ever. I use mine as a freezer at home, iam completely off grid for the last 32 years. Have always had a two door gas fridge freezer, with the extra 62 litres of freezer space I have now I am one happy lady. I only purchased this early this year and as it turns out I should of had one many years earlier. By putting only frozen things in there, not opened much as it is the second freezer to my fridge I got exactly 35 days out of a 9 kg gas bottle. Iam now running a 45 kg bottle and am expecting no less than 5 months plus. Very happy and have passed my views onto other people living the same life style as me. I would expect to turn it up a notch in the very hot weather, I live in south east Queensland . Extremely happy with this very affordable product. Kerry Munro.

Purchased in May 2019.

Has to be the worst product I have ever bought in my life it never went to start with probably the l

I bought this thing in all good faith thousand dollars for what a piece of metal that doesn't get cold never did now it doesn't work at all and you wonder why people buy Ingles and you have the audacity to say that you're Australian I don't think so mate I even rang the company ask them what I could do they said shake it about bang it on the floor and it should be good well like a [Word Removed] I did this nothing happened of course accepted the lid fell off and broke I'm thoroughly disgusted I probably won't buy anything Australian for the rest of my life

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Rod, We're always happy to help our customers overcome any problems they are having, regardless of what the issue might be. There is always a solution :) Feel free to call us anytime! Thanks, Tom BUSHMAN OFFGRID

Great Freezer

we use our Bushman primarily as a extended camp Freezer & 2nd freezer at home, never quite know the exact temp inside. All settings seem to be too cold to run as a fridge. Will freeze beer overnight. sometimes I shut it off overnight, if keeping drinks in it,
took it on a recent Cape trip & didn't run for 2 days while driving, packed really well, then fired her back up when we settled in camp, all goodies still frozen.
also able to re-establish my ice blocks overnight for the boat esky.
highly recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

First item I pack

At home on 240or gas it is great. I have found that in the car traveling you can't keep it level. Also I have found unless perfectly level it struggles. It is the best accessory you can have on extended trips and I use this type of item a lot. Would love to have a way for 12 volt car travel leveling.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Hi Erny. Thanks for your review. We agree with you entirely, the XD70 is wonderful on 240V and LPGas - as long as it is level. The 12V option is mostly a holding current - it will maintain temperature but will not cool down further. The wall insulation is very thick. How long do you find the fridge keeps things cold even without being plugged in? Cheers, Tom. BUSHMAN.After traveling for eight hours , when first opened there are signs of defrost throughout

gas fridges way to go

its good a company is focusing on a gas fridge/freezer i have always been a 12v man for my fridges,i replace my batteries around 3/4 years old as they are used from day of purchase.i dont skimp and have been at this since 2003,replacement on good batteries is around $1500 not including solar,that coin will buy a heck of a lot of 9kg bottles,good on you bushman it is a great fridge/freezer and is my 4th fridge,i hope it lasts longer than my last 12v electric cheers dic

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Awesome fridge/ freezer!

I purchased this for a recent week on fraser island. It's built really solid with HEAVY insulation. Ran as a freezer the whole week without issue and never dropped temp. I also left it off for the 8 hour trip home and everything stayed frozen. You know the insulation is thick when that happens!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Used on island 3 months Capricorn group Queensland

Three months of food and veg and on occasion froze fish overnight all on gas. We were first to get ours on the coast and people who saws it in action now have them also. Leaves other portable freezers for dead, and this years of experience talking. We use the freezer October, November and December.

Works in Cairns

My mate has one of these and has been using it in Cairns for the last 2 years. Really good for a Gas fridge. Gets down to about -15 degrees at night and then holds that during the day. Doesn't use it on 12V, just 240V at home and Gas when away.

if the heating element needs to be replaced what sort of cost am I looking at?
Hi willS. The 12V heating element is only $49.

Can these units work well in cold winter temps like down to 8 degrees Celsius? I heard absorption fridges can simply not work when too cold.
Hi Jman. If you're using the XD70 as a freezer it will be fine, as they tend to get even colder in cold weather. If you want to use it as a fridge, you could run it for an hour and then turn it off - as it will stay cold for 24hrs without even running if it is 8 degrees ambient.Thanks Paul, Just one other question. Are there issues with the heating element burning out from running frequently on AC? I ask as other brands of 3way chest fridges have had this issue according to reviewers.Hi Jman, all heating elements will eventually burn out, most often when the fridge runs on 240V all the time. It is best to run the fridge on LPG. If you need to use 240V, just do so when you have no access to LPG.

where can I view the bushman xd70 3 way?
we have them in our factory/ show room in Victoria or else view our website and see stockists around Australia and call your local one to see if they have in stock. Or else call us and we can assist over the phone.

CategoryPortable Fridges / Freezers