Bushranger ROB7101 72V Battery Powered 30" Ride On Mower

• Safety
  • Hill / Slope Performance
  • Turning

WiseyToowoomba

Depends on your Application.

Purchased in February 2020.

Product is used Daily
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
See all Bushranger ROB7101 72V Battery Powered 30" Ride On Mower reviews

Troy Yerburyasked

only just used it yesterday and like a typical male didnt really read the manual . it mowed the lawn better then i expected though my only question is ..... i charged it all the night before so the battery was fine but the bloody thing would just stop on me and id have to turn off then on again and sometimes it took a few goes before it would start . i know this is not the case and obivously i was doing something wrong but it was like when a motor is low on oil and so the motor cuts out to protect it .... any help as to why would be greatly appreciated . cheers troy

Wisey

I never struck that problem Troy. It makes very little sound when it’s active. Sorry to ask stupid questions, but are you sure it had stopped?? As noted in my review I often had to press the throttle several times before it would finally move off, and this would even happen on a full or near full battery. Perhaps yours has this issue too. Try pressing, releasing, pressing releasing until it finally moves off. Would be interested to hear how you go, and if it should happen when you’re near a power outlet I’d be interested to hear what level the charger shows when you plug it in ...

Troy Yerbury

Thanks mate . I’ll try again on the weekend and do what u have said . It worked great other then that and I think it’s more to do with the operator and not the mower
Cheers

Troy Yerbury

Used it today and done everything you said
Was fantastic. It only had half the charge as I didn’t recharge it from last weekend as it says to drain the battery before recharging . So my nxt question is is this right ? My experience with rechargeable batteries is u never go below 50% if possible as a battery only has so many cycles and the lower u discharge it can be detrimental to the battery
Thanks for your reply last weekend it was reassuring and spot on
Cheers
Troy

Wiseyasked

We bought one earlier this month and it seems to have big problems. The owners manual says if you take your foot off the power it will brake. It doesn’t! In fact it tears down our gentle slope like a runaway train unless you keep your foot firmly on the brakes. Often when we press the throttle nothing happens. Even when pressed all the way to the floor. It doesn’t seem to matter if you hold your foot to the floor for 20 seconds, still nothing happens. You have to remove it and have a few more attempts. When it is moving the throttle response is very twitchy, if you want to engage the cruise control you apparently need to have it travelling at a smooth constant speed for a few seconds. We have yet to be able to actually use cruise control because it can’t seem to maintain a constant speed. Have mowed over the same patch up to 5 times, and the grass is still not properly cut. What gives?? Trying to contact Bushranger, but they don’t appear to list an e’mail address. Anybody from there care to comment before we write our review??

croft
croft

Hi Wisey - Did the manufacturer solve you problem - I am considering buying - But will not until I cane see your problems resolved - Regards Brian

Wisey

G’day Brian, in process of being sorted out now mate, and based upon what I’ve seen the outcome should be pretty good. The Bushranger folks have been truly outstanding with their communication so far. I think there will be an outcome in a couple of days. I’ll keep you posted, and will be doing an in depth review of the mower as well.

Wisey

Brian, the EV ride on is now gone. We changed it for one of their zero turns. I’ll be writing a review on the EV model shortly. Only consider it if you have a smallish block of very well kept grass. That’s all it’s designed for.

munecito

munecitoasked

Hello ijfadams.

Do you reckon this mower would be able to tow a chipper (about 100kg on two wheels) on a flat area?

I need a mower that can also be taken into the forest in my property towing the chipper to keep the trails clean and make mulch out of all the branches that are around.

Cheers.

ijfadams
ijfadams

The answer is it should work but maybe check with Bushranger that it is not exceeding the rated towing limit.