MTB with gears equivelent to 16" Kids Bike
Byk do not use the standard sizing of 16" but their 350 range is about the same as a 16". We wanted a bike for my 5 year old son so that we could ride to school together and also to take on MTB trails on the weekend. He has been riding for a few years but he is only average height and we found that all the bikes that met what we looked for were 20" or above. He could strech onto some of them, but he wasnt as confident and I wanted him to feel in control when we were cycling to school and also to be confident to play around with jumps and trails...on the weekend. We ride to school uphill so the 3 gears of this bike are really useful. It is also a great introduction to learn how to use gears as these ones are quite forgiving. As they are internal gears, even if he drops his bike on the ground, they are not damaged and if he changes the gears whilst stationary there are no issues. The bike is also light at 8kg which does make a different. It has both hand and foot brakes. I have just found he loves this bike, is super confident on it and we ride it 6 days per week now to get around our town. He didnt use the gears at the start, but now he enjoys playing with them and learning how they work and he loves that it is a mountain bike so he can go over all the rough stuff. I researched all options online before going to see a short list of 6 bikes. This was best suited to our needs because of its features and also its size. I would highly recommend this bike, especially if you have had a child that has been on a 12" bike and wants something more but is a bit small still for a 20". Highly recommended by Mumma & son!
Questions & Answers
Sorry, there are no questions yet.
Get an answer from our members
- The ByK E-350MTB is a childrens mountain bike, designed for your kid to learn mountain bike skills on.
- It suits kids aged 4 to 6 who are able to ride or are ready to learn.
- Shimano 3 speed internal gears give your child a bit more control over the way they ride.
- A lower profile V handlebar allows for better weight distribution on tougher terrains.
- The bike has custom-fit knobby tyres that make them durable and able to handle rougher roads.
- This bike has a footbrake and 2 calibrated alloy handbrakes, giving your child plenty of control over how they want to stop.
- here’s an increased knee to handlebar clearance to accommodate a growing child.
- The bike weighs 8kg.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.