Cadbury Cherry Ripe Bar

Cadbury Cherry Ripe Bar

passingfad

passingfad

I'll never purchase again

Doesn't contain cherries any more, only "cherry jelly pieces" whatever that means. Perhaps they've saved a couple of cents in product cost by not using actual cherry anymore, but for sure I'll never buy another cherry ripe product

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

BD51

BD51CHATSWOOD

Rubbish

The CR growing up were the best this stuff is full of who knows what but not cherries. Don't buy if you have false teeth the coconut will keep you up all night.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $2.50.

Rusty Hooks

Rusty HooksWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Only thing missing WAS DEATH certificate

Cherry Ripe has been my favourite chocolate bar since I was old enough to steal.( Cherry ripe, of course. I am now 72yrs of age and, as with most of the things that I admired in life, my old friend, Cherry Ripe, has reached the end of the trail. Gone is that wonderful cherry taste that came with each and every bite. RIP Cherry Ripe

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $1.00.

Ripped Off

No pieces of cherry and shrinking in size, that's the last Cherry Ripe for me. I'd rather pay more for quality and size.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $1.00.

david b.

david b.Perth, WA

Love cheery ripes butt

the tast has changed the bright redish pinkish colour has changed to a almost brown colour the coconut is corse .they are just not the same . Iv been eating cherry ripes since the late 80s

Purchased in August 2020 at IGA for $3.00.

All coconut

Queried Cadbury’s regarding their Cherry Ripes having more coconut then cherry chips. Their reply was simply that they confirm that the receipt has not changed. Guess coconut is cheaper then cherries.

Purchased in July 2020.

Victor B.

Victor B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is not Cherry Ripe

I had heaps of Cherry ripe back in the 1960's when I was a kid. With all the advertising on TV, I thought that I would try it after 50 years ( I am now 72 years old). My verdict ........ it is NOTHING like I remember, next to no cherries, lots of coconut with lots of bits floating around in the mouth. No way will I buy it again.
Should change the name to coconut rough.

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles.

Sabrinna

SabrinnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Coconut Sugar

Gross. There's no Cherries. It's just coconut and sugar. I can't believe anyone would buy this a 2nd time. Hopefully someone else will do a cherry bar now that Cherry Ripe has become Coconut Sugar.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $2.50.

Rest In Peace Cherry Ripe

Devastated that they changed the recipe!! I had one bite and was disgusted - it’s 9000% sugar and no cherry, so what’s the point? Today was a sad day as I ate my last bar ever, I remembered all the times it was delicious in my past. REST IN PEACE original CHERRY RIPE!!

Purchased at Woolworths for $1.00.

Rowdy

RowdyDarling Downs, QLD

Far too much coconut

I grew up with Cherry Ripes being one of my favourite 'treats when they were MacRobertsons Cherry Ripe.
Remember the beautiful cherries in chocolate with a little coconut. The combination was moist and delicious. The present product has way too much coconut and has destroyed my beautiful bar. Please revert to the original recipe and make my day.

Purchased at Woolworths.

Why change a good thing

Why have they changed cherry ripe. I bought one today and was sadly disappointed, the coconut seems to be very course, not as many cherries and not as moist. You have ruined a great chocolate bar, won’t be buying another.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $1.00.

Not great

Had a cherry ripe last week and noticed straight away that the taste was different. Bad different. Too much coconut and less of the wonderful cherry taste so might have to call it Coconut Ripe instead. A good product ruined in my humble opinion.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1.00.

Asha L

Asha LGippsland, VIC

I LOVE CHERRY RIPES!!!

Cherry Ripes are fine the way they are, I'm not fussed if they changed the original recipe because the new one is great. Cherry Ripes are the lion of the chocolate world. Not to sweet, not to savory. The perfect balance. Cherry Ripes should be fed to starving children in Cambodia to brighten their day. They have a certain rustic quality to them that makes them better than other chocolates. They can be used in so many recipes. You don't see any Crunchie slices on the internet DO YOU?!? A Cherry Ripe would be my last meal. I would die for a Cherry Ripe. I am Cherry Ripes. Cherry Ripes are me. We are one.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $1.00.

Boris Yasminsky

Boris YasminskyNear You

ABSOLUTE FAIL @ $52.40kg

As with all Cadbury chocolates, they're absolute failures in taste and price. However, with Woolworths discounting Cherry Ripe DD to $0.85 (normally $2.20), that's ok, because that's all they are worth.
1990 = 100g, 2000 = 80g, 2010 = 52g, 2014 = 50g, 2017 = 47g and October 2018 = 42g. At this rate, Coles miniature thingo's will be the actual size of everything Cadbury makes.

Leigh71

Leigh71Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another rock hard bit! Piece of cherry pit?

First bit of a mini one, I crunched down on a super hard bit, right on my crown (seeing dentist next week). Spat it out and found a rock hard bits, on about 2 x 3 mm, that feel like pieces of gravel.

I had this happen 30 years ago, and Cadbury said it was a piece of cherry pit then. That time was really gross, with lots of flaky bits throughout the whole bar.

Tastes great, but never eating Cherry Ripe again.......

All coconut no cherries

The recipe has changed and it now has so much coconut in it that it is difficult to chew and swallow. I will not be buying any more Cherry Ripes until I know that they have gone back to the original recipe.

The Most Delicious Chocolate Bar

Cherry ripe is the most delicious thing I’ve ever tasted in my life and is by far the best out of all the chocolate bars about there. The richness of the chocolate and the cherry in the middle omg even just thinking about it makes me want to eat.

Woody

WoodyBendigo

Double dipped, double ripped off! No one likes a shrinking bar - disappointing!

What has happened to the rest of the chocolate bar? Looks like Cherry Ripe has joined the rankings of shrinking food, yet still pay the same amount for less, yeah that makes sense...not! That was my last “BITE” sized double dipped Cherry Ripe. Not feeling ripened at all, more ripped off.

NovemberSierra

NovemberSierraAU

Pale imitation of a legend

Sarra B

Sarra BGold Coast

What's happened to the Cherry Ripe

cherry ripe is my favourite chocolate bar hands down but where is it going?? It's disappearing before my eyes and becoming increasingly dearer!! The packaging is large with a skinny small bar in it.. not cool Cadbury... not cool...