Cadbury FRY'S Turkish Delight Bar

Cadbury FRY'S Turkish Delight Bar

See the Best Chocolates in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disgusting

Tastes nothing like Turkish delight. It's just a thick artificial tasting jelly. Gross.
I suggest Cadbury tries some of the real stuff before calling this 'turkish delight'.
The 'real' turkish delight that you find in the middle east is pure perfection, delicious, sweet, soft, chewy, deliciousness, so you can imagine my disappointment with this fake product.

Purchased in August 2019 for $2.00.

New texture is horrid

the texture of the jelly has changed and I wont be buying again.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for $4.60.

Shaun

ShaunSouth East Queensland, QLD

I just love this. Beautiful sweet and tastes like thick rose jelly surrounded by chocolate!

Beautiful taste and texture or rose Turkish Delight surrounded by rich chocolate. Absolutely decadent and a wonderful treat. It is lovely with a tea or coffee for an afternoon pick-me-up. Totally addicted!

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $1.00.

Hirangi50

Hirangi50South East Queensland, QLD

What have you done and why...why ...why?

Turkish delight was one of my favorite chocolate indulgences.....but this new mooshy texture of the jelly, if can call it that, is horrid. Won't be buying again unless they go back to the previous recipe.

Purchased in August 2019.

What Happened, I purchased Turkish Disgust

Decided to buy myself a treat and purchased the party pack 12 pieces, what a waste of money that was. This is unedible and has gone in the bin. Now I need to read reviews prior to purchasing chocolate bars.

Purchased in August 2019 at IGA for $3.00.

RHelsby

RHelsbySydney Surrounds, NSW

Bitterly disappointed with the “revamp” 60 % less fat Turkish Delight

Always enjoyed the original TurkishDelight but the 60 % less fat is a totally different product with a totally different flavour .. I eagerly anticipated a certain flavour and instead encountered something that tasted like rotten condensed milk
My other concern was the misleading packaging .. same colours and design to disguise the add on of “60% less fat” at the top .. if you didn’t know to look there
Please return to the original

Purchased in August 2019 at 7-Eleven.

Why have turkish delights changed

These bars are my treat, and now the recipe has been changed they are really disgusting. I buy these by the box, as I am coeliac and these are my only treat. The chocolate is very thin, in fact you can see the jelly stuff through in places. I use the term Jelly stuff, as I am not quite sure what this is. It does not resemble the original Frys Turkish delight, and now is not a delight at all. Very disappointed. please change them back.

Purchased in June 2019.

nicelee

niceleeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fry's Turkish Delight Disgusting

what have they done to Turkish Delights they taste disgusting now the chocolate tastes like its off and the jelly is almost rancid. no news on a change either they can keep them its now rubbish
will never buy these again

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $0.85.

Why do they have to mess with a good thing??!

It doesn't have that delicious thick hard chocolate that cracks satisfactorily when you bite into it anymore. The chocolate coating is much too thin now! Change it back pls Cadburys!!

Purchased in February 2019.

Changed recipe from a 5 star to a 1 star

Turkish delight needs to have some bite to it and a proper flavour of turkish delight. This change of flavour has converted which was one of the best turkish delights around into rubbish that tastes like cheap unset jelly. It has no bite to it whatsoever!

People generally either hate or love turkish delight, and what Cadbury have done is turn the lovers of their old recipe into haters, and I don't think the new recipe will convert the previous haters to lovers.

Thought I had a bad batch

Used to always get 1-2 of these a week for a treat. Bit into one and thought I had a bad batch, like it had melted and solidified or something, the taste and texture was terrible!. Then a few weeks later, the same texture, the same taste. Eughh, I asked my partner to never buy them for me again.

Then I found all the friendly people here saying the same thing and realized it wasn't just me! There has obviously been a recipe or production change to our detriment. I cannot recommend them anymore.

Absolutely horrible!

I will never buy it again. It's disgustingly sweet! Horrible, displeasing, repulsive, unappetizing, unenjoyable, disaggreeable. unpalatable, indedible, unpleasent, horrible.

WHAT HAPPENED

Fry's turkish delight used to be my favourite. Why they changed the recipe is beyond me but the new flavour is awful - light on the rose and heavy on a cheap chocolate orange flavour?

Olga G

Olga GSydney

It's very different and NOT good different!!!

The chocolate and the filling has changed. The filing is a lot softer and the chocolate thinner with different taste. Its not nice! Who would ever choose this new formula over the original formula?? NO-ONE!!!!!!!!

Hubdean

HubdeanSolihull

Saving a penny is costing a lot

Turkish delight not anymore Turkish yuk.
Just won't buy it again. Lost the taste that sold it. Just had my first and last one.
Like walnut whips. With no walnuts now called whips just won't buy them.

Shirl

ShirlAdelaide

Gone soft

What happened Cadbury? We loved the old chewy texture. We loved the generous chocolate coating.Why change a proven recipe. You bought the rights from Fry's because they were popular .....and the you change the recipe??? Stupid. I'm not going to buy this product. Please revert and let us all know when you come to your senses. I am glad to say the large? bar is the normal recipe. Why did you change the product for the individual wrapped item?

hooray

hooraytasmania

Ruined

As with the other reviews, now it's been changed its horrbile! I hope they bring back the normal ones and fast. Also noticed the '12 pack mini's' have gotten smaller too. So Sad!

Grogg

GroggSydney

Ruined

They've completely ruined this chocolate. Used to be a favourite, no longer worth buying as it tastes horrible and has a strange texture.

Why did you change it?

It used to be my favourite chocolate. Back then a lot of people didnt like it but proudly claimed it as my favourite chocolate ever. Unfortunately they changed the recipe and I’m sad to say it’s not my favourite anymore. Please bring back the old recipe PLEASEEEE

Omg what have they done, yuck!

I wish they would have said new recipe on the pack, they have ruined a good product. Disgusting mouth feel, fake flavor and crap chocolate. Very sad that a fave classic chocolate had been changed. Back to good old Milkybar for me.
Disappointed.