Cadbury FRY'S Turkish Delight Bar

Cadbury FRY'S Turkish Delight Bar

Scorp79

Scorp79Sydney Surrounds, NSW

No longer suitable for cooking

For the last few years for Christmas I have been making a turkish delight slice, essentially a mars bar slice with the mars bars swapped out. Tried doing it again this year and since the recipe change the turkish delight center no longer melts, it justs turns into a gooey, lumpy, rubbery mess.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles.

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Too many winging people out there

Have always loved, and still love,fry,s Turkish delight. Still beautiful taste..only change, is the wrapping.just be happy and enjoy.

Purchased in August 2020 for $1.00.

Another classic ruined!

Haven't had a turkish delight in ages so thought i'd treat myself, eugh what the hell have they done to the recipe? It's now hard and rubbery, nothing like it used to be and no flavour either. Bye cadbury's , another product changed and ruined just to save money and make a profit.

Purchased in July 2020.

Danny

DannyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

False advertising

The chocolate bar itself is ok but why do companies feel the need to constantly deceive consumers.
60 percent less fat. What, is your chocolate bar a healthy alternative.
What about the high sugar content. Don’t nonsense me with your false advertising. I would sooner buy the product if you didn’t insult my intelligence by including’ ‘60 percent less fat’, then cranking up the sugar content.

Purchased in May 2020.

Jellied perfume wrapped in Chocolate

Worst Chocolate bar I’ve ever tasted. I know everyone’s tastebuds are different but this tastes life perfume or air freshener. Don’t know a single person who likes this, nothing like real Turkish Delight.

Purchased in March 2020.

Kathy H.

Kathy H.

My all time favourite chocolate bar!

I know it doesn’t resemble genuine Turkish Delight but I love it. Such a unique flavour, smooth texture wrapped in yummy chocolate.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles.

Ben A.

Ben A.Lismore

Not as good as it used to be

The texture of the Turkish delight centre used to be delicate and delicous. Now it is chewier and more rubbery.

Purchased in January 2020.

Emily P.

Emily P.

So Disappointed they changed the filling. Inedible - how did they not test this?!

Used to love it til they changed the recipe. Hope they change it back and ill eat it again

Purchased in January 2020.

Not nice.

Used to enjoy Cadburys Turkish Delight but no longer, it is gooey, sticks to my teeth and tastes very different in a bad way to the original.

Purchased in December 2019 at Pacnsave for $4.99.

eMs321

eMs321

Disgusting

Tastes nothing like Turkish delight. It's just a thick artificial tasting jelly. Gross.
I suggest Cadbury tries some of the real stuff before calling this 'turkish delight'.
The 'real' turkish delight that you find in the middle east is pure perfection, delicious, sweet, soft, chewy, deliciousness, so you can imagine my disappointment with this fake product.

Purchased in August 2019 for $2.00.

New texture is horrid

the texture of the jelly has changed and I wont be buying again.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for $4.60.

Shaun

ShaunSouth East Queensland, QLD

I just love this. Beautiful sweet and tastes like thick rose jelly surrounded by chocolate!

Beautiful taste and texture or rose Turkish Delight surrounded by rich chocolate. Absolutely decadent and a wonderful treat. It is lovely with a tea or coffee for an afternoon pick-me-up. Totally addicted!

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $1.00.

Hirangi50

Hirangi50South East Queensland, QLD

What have you done and why...why ...why?

Turkish delight was one of my favorite chocolate indulgences.....but this new mooshy texture of the jelly, if can call it that, is horrid. Won't be buying again unless they go back to the previous recipe.

Purchased in August 2019.

What Happened, I purchased Turkish Disgust

Decided to buy myself a treat and purchased the party pack 12 pieces, what a waste of money that was. This is unedible and has gone in the bin. Now I need to read reviews prior to purchasing chocolate bars.

Purchased in August 2019 at IGA for $3.00.

RHelsby

RHelsbySydney Surrounds, NSW

Bitterly disappointed with the “revamp” 60 % less fat Turkish Delight

Always enjoyed the original TurkishDelight but the 60 % less fat is a totally different product with a totally different flavour .. I eagerly anticipated a certain flavour and instead encountered something that tasted like rotten condensed milk
My other concern was the misleading packaging .. same colours and design to disguise the add on of “60% less fat” at the top .. if you didn’t know to look there
Please return to the original

Purchased in August 2019 at 7-Eleven.

Find out how Cadbury FRY'S Turkish Delight Bar compares to other Chocolates

Why have turkish delights changed

These bars are my treat, and now the recipe has been changed they are really disgusting. I buy these by the box, as I am coeliac and these are my only treat. The chocolate is very thin, in fact you can see the jelly stuff through in places. I use the term Jelly stuff, as I am not quite sure what this is. It does not resemble the original Frys Turkish delight, and now is not a delight at all. Very disappointed. please change them back.

Purchased in June 2019.

nicelee

niceleeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fry's Turkish Delight Disgusting

what have they done to Turkish Delights they taste disgusting now the chocolate tastes like its off and the jelly is almost rancid. no news on a change either they can keep them its now rubbish
will never buy these again

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $0.85.

Why do they have to mess with a good thing??!

It doesn't have that delicious thick hard chocolate that cracks satisfactorily when you bite into it anymore. The chocolate coating is much too thin now! Change it back pls Cadburys!!

Purchased in February 2019.

Changed recipe from a 5 star to a 1 star

Turkish delight needs to have some bite to it and a proper flavour of turkish delight. This change of flavour has converted which was one of the best turkish delights around into rubbish that tastes like cheap unset jelly. It has no bite to it whatsoever!

People generally either hate or love turkish delight, and what Cadbury have done is turn the lovers of their old recipe into haters, and I don't think the new recipe will convert the previous haters to lovers.

Thought I had a bad batch

Used to always get 1-2 of these a week for a treat. Bit into one and thought I had a bad batch, like it had melted and solidified or something, the taste and texture was terrible!. Then a few weeks later, the same texture, the same taste. Eughh, I asked my partner to never buy them for me again.

Then I found all the friendly people here saying the same thing and realized it wasn't just me! There has obviously been a recipe or production change to our detriment. I cannot recommend them anymore.