Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Listing monitored by Calming Blanket

Pros

• Luxurious minky fabric

• Durable & washable

• Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

• Beads can bunch up

Customer support is Terrible

I ordered a Queen/King Weighted Blanket but it wasn't big enough for two people so returned under there 30 days money back guarantee and wanted to order 3 x adult size blankets instead. The item has been returned to them and the only way to contact them is via e-mail (no phone number) and no one is responding to my e-mails. So I have no blanket and they still have my money and I have no option but to just hope they will decide to respond to my e-mails.

Purchased in April 2021 at Calming Blankets for $230.99.

Tony

Yes I have received the money thank you. I still think there needs to be another way to contact the company except via e-mail e.g. online chat or a phone number. Also maybe a shared mailbox so you aren't relying on one person to respond.

peggynightSydney

Blanket delivered was not new. One side smells. Like sweat

Purchased in March 2021 at Calming Blankets for $229.00.

Melissa N.
Melissa N.

Appalling customer service

Purchased in January 2021 at Calming Blankets.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

Labelled as Polyester - ordered Bamboo

The issue of incorrect labelling was raised here 2 months ago. I received my 'calming blanket' and cover yesterday. Ordered Bamboo and is labelled as polyester. It is shiny and very thin - even if it is bamboo, I dont imagine there would be much longevity to the fabric. I would like to return this - please confirm how.

Purchased in January 2021 for $238.00.

Buyer beware
Buyer beware

Poor product and poor customer service

Weighted blanket bunches up all the time. It was suggested that we shake it out so the beads flatten out, but as soon as my daughter moves the beads bunch up again. Returned the item and asked for funds to be refunded to a different bank account. Customer service failed to reply to my email until after they had “refunded” the money into a bank account I no longer have access too. Poor form!!!! Now not am I only without a blanket, I am also out of pocket $106.

They tell me after the refund is made that they cannot refund to a different card, if I had known that before I would have asked for a replacement product which I am entitled too by law.

Purchased in October 2020 for $106.00.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

This is a Scam they do not ship products

I ordered 2 weeks ago and paid online. No sign of the products until now- I sent emails and phone calls. Than “Harry” support answers that product is shipped and with Dhl. A lie again since the courier shows clear no package sent. report the fraud!

Purchased in November 2020 at Calming Blankets for $250.00.

ShevPerth, WA

Fraudulent Company

I ordered a blanket from this company a while ago, they sent me the wrong order. I consistently tried to contact them, the phone number goes straight to voice mail, they do not reply to emails or messages or across any other platform, after MORE THAN 2 WEEEKS they finally got back to me with a resolution, and promised to send me the correct order and that I would receive it in 2-8 days, 12 days later and still no order. Save yourself the hassle and order from another company.

Purchased in June 2020 at Calming Blankets.

Shev

Also do dot believe all of these reviews, this company is paying or endorsing people to write positive reviews, filthy behaviour but what could you expect from a dishonest company.

Alison R.
Alison R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

information provided is misleading as the weight required is not explained in the advertisement.

I bought two of the blankets and got the most expensive, heaviest for my grandsons.
Once i looked into the weight blankets online i realised that they hadn't given all information on groupon to how this product works- human weight and blankets weights were not given to enable you to purchase the correct blanket - with no return policy i now have two blankets for adults over 70 kg not even im that heavy so waste of money.

Purchased in July 2020 at Groupon for $200.00.

Scarey Poppins
Scarey PoppinsMorayfield

Disappointing quality

The blanket bunches too easily, is Not weighted properly. Has empty spots, not even close to being an even coverage of weights.
Small sized too.
Overall poor quality.
Absolutely gutted i brought them.
IMO Waste of money.

Purchased in May 2020 for $460.00.

Weighted Blankets

Disappointed. I've had no significant change in sleeping habits. I still have many sleepless restless hours with or without the blanket. Very disappointing results after selling points were so positive.

Purchased in May 2020 at 2XU Online store.

Narelle M.
Narelle M.

Thanks. I'll have to check my purchase details but I purchased from you as I get emails from you and that's how you got me Email address. I appreciate your offer for a refund. I'll be in touch.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stitching comes apart quite easily

The stitching has come apart in more than 5 places, once this happens there is a flow on effect, the beads go everywhere with in the blanket. Not a high quality product and not what you would expect considering the price’

Purchased in May 2019.

Bunches like no tomorrow

All the stings that hold it in place broke off within a few days and now all it does is bunch up with the slightest movement. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Purchased in May 2020.

Mlsl
MlslSydney, NSW

No confirmation email?

No confirmation email, no reply to my emails asking for confirmation, but still got charged for buying the blanket. Not sure how to get in touch with anyone to ask what’s going on.

Purchased in May 2020 at Calming Blankets for $219.00.

shan_gSurf Coast

Not relaxing or calming - toes poke through it if used on the couch.

Don't get caught up in the hype, the blank is overly heavy and not calming at all. Your toes will also poke through the thing leaving you feeling dissatisfied. Save yourself some money and buy a good quality blanket elsewhere. Unclear and sloppy return process too. Disappointing purchase.

Purchased in February 2020 at Calming Blankets for $299.00.

shan_g

I requested a refund, you specifically asked for the blanket to be returned and when the eye mask wasn't sent back, you refused to refund me in full. Little surprise I have left this review. Poor communication.

Sheena
SheenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do your research

The suggested weight was not right for me at all and I purchased this blanket under the websites guidance. It’s so heavy it makes my hips hurt and is unuseable.

Purchased in December 2019 at Calming Blankets for $249.00.

Ange S.
Ange S.asked

I purchased the Bamboo Weighted Blanket as I live in sunny Queensland and wanted a natural fabric that would breathe. I received a blanket and the label says Polyester Inner and Outer with glass beads filling. There is zero reference to bamboo. I've done a bit of reading online and am pretty confident that Bamboo should not be labelled as polyester in any circumstance. Can anyone offer any explanation? It seems a bit misleading to me.

Hi Ange, Steph here :)

I'm very sorry to hear that you have possibly received an incorrect blanket.

I can assure you that our blankets are made from 100% bamboo, however unfortunately, we have recently found that some of the bamboo blankets had the incorrect label put on them when they were manufactured.

Rest assured as soon as we found out, we got on top of this with our suppliers.

I have just sent you an email, if you could please get back to me with a photo of that one, I would love to get this sorted for you right away!

Hope to hear back soon :)

Krystina
Krystina

Hi, I have just had the same experience. They are telling me the polyster one is infact bamboo.... it doesnt feel anything like bamboo. It feels silky, just like polyster. Did you ever get sent a bamboo one?
Really hate feeling misled.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Krystina, Steph here :)

I am very sorry that you feel misled in regards to your Bamboo Weighted Blanket, unfortunately, as we mentioned, there was a batch of incorrectly labelled blankets and covers. Our suppliers have now fixed this issue, unfortunately, it is just a case of phasing out all of the affected items.

If you would like to return that one to us for a full refund, we are more than happy to help you with this.

I have just closed your tickets with our support agent Lucy and have contacted you via my personal email to hopefully get this sorted out for you!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Chrisl
Chrislasked

I ordered 2 blankets, a kevin koala and a face mask on july 27th 2020.
I have had many email exchanges with you, the last from paris on sept 2nd, who was going to arrange for a priority shipment. Today I tried to ring and got a voice message asking me to email, and when I emailed to support@calmingblankets.Com.Au. The email ‘bounced’. Have you gone out of business?
I now wish to request a full reund of $696.99aud
I also request a phone call on 0404074262 within 2 working days. I save copies of all correspondence, and will take this up with consumer affairs, if no reply.
Chris leatherland

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Chris, Steph here, just following up quickly :)

I can see your cuddly Koala friend has now arrived with your granddaughter and the rest of your order has been canceled and refunded in full.

We hope she is loving her new friend!

I am so pleased that we were able to get this sorted out for you, and again, we do apologise for all of the delays in our warehouse, as promised, we have begun implementing new processes in the warehouse to ensure an overall swifter packaging routine, should you ever wish to purchase one of our products in the future, I am hopeful that your turn over will be much more efficient!

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you :)

Agnes
Agnesasked

Just have a concern about the uneven weight distribution that people have complained about in their reviews.

Can you provide more information on how the beads are distributed in the blanket

Tracy
Tracy

I don’t find it a problem. The internal ties keep it in place inside the cover. It does bunch up a little at the bottom but the weight is still evenly distributed. I just shake it out in the morning. It’s not enough that it affects the intention of the blanket.

See all Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Calming Blanket representatives

Improve your sleep, reduce your anxiety and wrap yourself in the velvety embrace of the original weighted blanket.

Features

• Ultra-soft faux minky plush fabric
  • Eco-friendly
  • Durable & washable
  • Weight options: 4.5kg, 6.8kg & 9kg
  • 30-day risk-free guarantee with free returns
  • Non-toxic, noise-free glass beads
  • Antimicrobial
  • Warmth: Both the inner and outer blanket are made from polyester which is scientifically proved to retain heat. The tight weave of the polyester fabric traps the heat inside, keeping you warm for long periods of time. The luxurious faux-fur coats the outside for an extra layer of warmth and softness.
  • Minky fabric: The ultra-soft feel comes from the knit fabric which is very durable. As minky fabric is one-sided, this means a plusher, fur-like and ultra snug texture on the outside.

What reviewers thought

There are many 5-star reviews that state that the blanket had a very calming effect on the users. Others claim that the product did little for them or the blankets bunched to one side and needed to be shaken to be loosened. Overall, there are many satisfied customers who would recommend the product to others.