Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

• Comfort

Frustrated

Our blanket keeps bunching up and so hard to even out, its frustrating constantly waking up in a mess. I wish it was evenly distributed like it states but it does not.

Purchased for A$229.00.

Alex S

Alex S

The bunching! Always with the bunching!

When I first got this blanket I absolutely loved it, though 2 weeks in, that all changed. The blanket constantly bunches! Even after shaking it loose and trying to flatten it out it just keeps bunching! The internal ties are useless and keep breaking. Definitely would not buy another.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$299.00.

Not a fan

its an extremely expensive product that in these hard times I stupidly bought! My son hates it. He won't use it and and its constantly thrown on the floor! I tried it myself and dont love it either.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$90.00.

Sheets & Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Sheets & Blankets

Tiarna

TiarnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Moves doesn't stay in place

First time using a weighted blanket I like that it is heavy. I dislike that the insert moves and can bunch up and make the blanket really heavy to fix up.

Purchased in July 2020 at Calming Blankets for A$300.00.

Bek

BekGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Calming blanket

Sadly didn’t work at all , very disappointed as We were desperate for this to work for our little one .
Small sizes bearly covered my toddler and the weight was not evenly weighted even though ties were on the correct spots .
It slide off a lot and she didn’t like the weight of it at all . We tried for almost two weeks but it didn’t help at all , actually made her worse :(
Such great reviews but sadly money wasted for us :(

The cover itself was gorgeous and soft though
Absolutely gutted

Purchased in June 2020 at Calming Blankets for A$100.00.

Too small

Found the child's blanket too small and the adult one would be too heavy for the child so a bit disappointed but the concept seems good. Keeping it anyway and might order the adult one in the future. Disappointed at the size

Purchased in April 2020 for A$125.00.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Way to heavy for me

This wasn’t for me, it is way too heavy & I was waking up with a sore back everyday. So disappointed as I really wanted to see if my sleep pattern would change.

Purchased in May 2020.

Sam

Sam

Like the weight

The weight is perfect. How ever there is to much movement in the filling even though I have tied all the ties probably. And often need adjustment. Deciding if I will get another style

Purchased in November 2019 at Calming Blankets for A$200.00.

Nic

NicGippsland, VIC

Great product

You have a fantastic product but to be honest it hadn’t made any difference to my sleep. I’m a light sleeper and was hoping to improve on this but not so :(

Purchased in March 2020.

RJT

RJT

Really not for me

This was a horrible, suffocating experience for me. I am autistic, and I couldn't stand this at all - it made me feel crushed and struggling for breath. No words I can impart are strong enough to share how negative of an experience this product was for me (it absolutely entirely robbed me of a few nights sleep until I stopped trusting the reviews of other people and trusted in my own experience).

That said, the company paid for return postage (if I remember correctly), and promply refunded with no argument. So worth a go, if you think this *may* be your / your child's thing.

Purchased in April 2019.

Hanna

HannaGippsland, VIC

Way too small to be functional

Info says the weighted blanket is not recommended for children under 2 years of age (completely understandable) yet the kids blanket is the size of a cot blanket. Far too small even for a 3 year old in a single bed. If we use it side ways in order to keep her body warm, her feet hang out. If we use it length ways to cover her feet, it’s not wide enough to keep her body warm.

Purchased in December 2019.

More cons than pros.

Purchased in October 2019 at Calming Blankets.

Stacey

StaceyFar North Queensland, QLD

Doesn't live up to the hype

Didn't live up to the hype. I love the concept of a weighted blanket being able to reduce anxiety and help me sleep but it did nothing. It was also quite small for the price.

Purchased in March 2019 at Online for A$200.00.

Amber M

Amber MSydney, NSW

BLANKET ARRIVED MOLDY!

I purchased the Adult Weighted Blanket for a gift for a family member suffering from health issues.
When we unraveled the blanket it was moldy inside!
Aside from the lack in quality for a high price , a product promoting health benefits arriving in an unhealthy condition is beyond disappointing.
Waiting for a response/replacement from company.

Purchased in July 2019 at Calming Blankets for A$299.00.

Sameer

SameerWestern Australia

Poor Design and Poor Customer service (DON'T BUY SINGLE ADULT BLANKET)

Purchased in June 2019 for A$209.00.

Sam L

Sam LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shipping takes too long

The email mentioned 2-8 business days but it has been over a month now.
They should mention it if it's going to take this long!! I'm very dissapointed with their service.

Purchased in April 2019.

Greedi

GreediHunter Region, NSW

Could be much better

The inside portion of the blanket is flat. It just feels like a very expensive blanket. I bought my daughter a calming blanket from a different company and it’s so much better

Purchased in February 2019.

See all Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket reviews

Ange S.

Ange S.asked

I purchased the Bamboo Weighted Blanket as I live in sunny Queensland and wanted a natural fabric that would breathe. I received a blanket and the label says Polyester Inner and Outer with glass beads filling. There is zero reference to bamboo. I've done a bit of reading online and am pretty confident that Bamboo should not be labelled as polyester in any circumstance. Can anyone offer any explanation? It seems a bit misleading to me.

Hi Ange, Steph here :)

I'm very sorry to hear that you have possibly received an incorrect blanket.

I can assure you that our blankets are made from 100% bamboo, however unfortunately, we have recently found that some of the bamboo blankets had the incorrect label put on them when they were manufactured.

Rest assured as soon as we found out, we got on top of this with our suppliers.

I have just sent you an email, if you could please get back to me with a photo of that one, I would love to get this sorted for you right away!

Hope to hear back soon :)

Krystina
Krystina

Hi, I have just had the same experience. They are telling me the polyster one is infact bamboo.... it doesnt feel anything like bamboo. It feels silky, just like polyster. Did you ever get sent a bamboo one?
Really hate feeling misled.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Krystina, Steph here :)

I am very sorry that you feel misled in regards to your Bamboo Weighted Blanket, unfortunately, as we mentioned, there was a batch of incorrectly labelled blankets and covers. Our suppliers have now fixed this issue, unfortunately, it is just a case of phasing out all of the affected items.

If you would like to return that one to us for a full refund, we are more than happy to help you with this.

I have just closed your tickets with our support agent Lucy and have contacted you via my personal email to hopefully get this sorted out for you!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Chrisl

Chrislasked

I ordered 2 blankets, a kevin koala and a face mask on july 27th 2020.
I have had many email exchanges with you, the last from paris on sept 2nd, who was going to arrange for a priority shipment. Today I tried to ring and got a voice message asking me to email, and when I emailed to support@calmingblankets.Com.Au. The email ‘bounced’. Have you gone out of business?
I now wish to request a full reund of $696.99aud
I also request a phone call on 0404074262 within 2 working days. I save copies of all correspondence, and will take this up with consumer affairs, if no reply.
Chris leatherland

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Chris, Steph here, just following up quickly :)

I can see your cuddly Koala friend has now arrived with your granddaughter and the rest of your order has been canceled and refunded in full.

We hope she is loving her new friend!

I am so pleased that we were able to get this sorted out for you, and again, we do apologise for all of the delays in our warehouse, as promised, we have begun implementing new processes in the warehouse to ensure an overall swifter packaging routine, should you ever wish to purchase one of our products in the future, I am hopeful that your turn over will be much more efficient!

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you :)

Agnes

Agnesasked

Just have a concern about the uneven weight distribution that people have complained about in their reviews.

Can you provide more information on how the beads are distributed in the blanket

Tracy
Tracy

I don’t find it a problem. The internal ties keep it in place inside the cover. It does bunch up a little at the bottom but the weight is still evenly distributed. I just shake it out in the morning. It’s not enough that it affects the intention of the blanket.

Get an answer from our members and Calming Blanket representatives