Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Calming Blankets Store

Pros

Luxurious minky fabric
Durable & washable
Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

Beads can bunch up

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stitching comes apart quite easily

The stitching has come apart in more than 5 places, once this happens there is a flow on effect, the beads go everywhere with in the blanket. Not a high quality product and not what you would expect considering the price’

Purchased in May 2019.

Leanne Rose
Leanne RoseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bamboo weighted blanket

nice size but the 15kg weight is way to heavy i don't suggest anyone getting that size even being a bigger person. Good pricing and good they have afterpay options as well.

Purchased in May 2020 for $299.

Bunches like no tomorrow

All the stings that hold it in place broke off within a few days and now all it does is bunch up with the slightest movement. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Too small

Found the child's blanket too small and the adult one would be too heavy for the child so a bit disappointed but the concept seems good. Keeping it anyway and might order the adult one in the future. Disappointed at the size

Purchased in April 2020 for $125.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW

Way to heavy for me

This wasn’t for me, it is way too heavy & I was waking up with a sore back everyday. So disappointed as I really wanted to see if my sleep pattern would change.

Sam
Sam

Like the weight

The weight is perfect. How ever there is to much movement in the filling even though I have tied all the ties probably. And often need adjustment. Deciding if I will get another style

Purchased in November 2019 at Calming Blankets for $200.

Calming BlanketsCalming BlanketSend a private message

Not all it is set out to be

Blanket has its faults, the weight can be mismatched uneven, when you lift the blanket it started to rip, showing that the quality is not as adequate as it claims, I have had this for less than a week and a hole is already present close to the opening of the blanket.

Purchased in April 2020 for $300.

Calming BlanketsCalming BlanketSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Mlsl
MlslSydney, NSW

No confirmation email?

No confirmation email, no reply to my emails asking for confirmation, but still got charged for buying the blanket. Not sure how to get in touch with anyone to ask what’s going on.

Purchased in May 2020 at Calming Blankets for $219.

Wiser NowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Beautifully made but too hot and too heavy

Superb quality. I got the 6.8 kg, recommended for my weight, 63kgs. I've slept under it for 2 nights now. Found it pretty warm which surprised me as I fell the cold. I do have flannelette sheets on though. It's also really heavy, which I know is the point, and is why I bought it, but I found it too heavy. I had to take it off last night. I'll try it again tonight. I'm giving it 3 stars because of the quality.

Wiser Now

Hi thanks for responding, yes I am used to the weight now, it is good. Still very hot though. Would the bamboo be cooler? Thanks

Selena
Selena

It's okay

The blanket is a very nice thing to have, the weight does feel nice. However, considering all it does is apply pressure (it does not feel like a hug), the price of the blanket is a bit much considering there are off-brand equivalents available. I purchased the cotton sheet that goes over the blanket. Its texture is nice and preferable personally to the original, however also not worth $50 since it doesn't stay tucked into the corners and requires regular readjustment if you plan to use the blanket a lot. A bit tedious if you aren't a person of a strong physique.

Purchased in January 2020 for $250.

Nic
NicGippsland, VIC

Great product

You have a fantastic product but to be honest it hadn’t made any difference to my sleep. I’m a light sleeper and was hoping to improve on this but not so :(

Purchased in March 2020.

shan_gSurf Coast

Not relaxing or calming - toes poke through it if used on the couch.

Don't get caught up in the hype, the blank is overly heavy and not calming at all. Your toes will also poke through the thing leaving you feeling dissatisfied. Save yourself some money and buy a good quality blanket elsewhere. Unclear and sloppy return process too. Disappointing purchase.

Purchased in February 2020 at Calming Blankets for $299.

shan_g

I requested a refund, you specifically asked for the blanket to be returned and when the eye mask wasn't sent back, you refused to refund me in full. Little surprise I have left this review. Poor communication.

Tired Mumma
Tired MummaAlice Springs, NT

GOOD: SON STILL RESTLESS

My son is a very anxious, light sleeper! Forever tossing and turning and restless. I think he likes the feeling of the blanket above all- hasnt really improved his sleeping habit or helped with his anxiety! I dont think i will be upgrading when he grows out of the childrens range.

Purchased in February 2020 for $89.

RJT
RJT

Really not for me

This was a horrible, suffocating experience for me. I am autistic, and I couldn't stand this at all - it made me feel crushed and struggling for breath. No words I can impart are strong enough to share how negative of an experience this product was for me (it absolutely entirely robbed me of a few nights sleep until I stopped trusting the reviews of other people and trusted in my own experience).

That said, the company paid for return postage (if I remember correctly), and promply refunded with no argument. So worth a go, if you think this *may* be your / your child's thing.

Purchased in April 2019.

Sheena
SheenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do your research

The suggested weight was not right for me at all and I purchased this blanket under the websites guidance. It’s so heavy it makes my hips hurt and is unuseable.

Purchased in December 2019 at Calming Blankets for $249.

Hanna
HannaGippsland, VIC

Way too small to be functional

Info says the weighted blanket is not recommended for children under 2 years of age (completely understandable) yet the kids blanket is the size of a cot blanket. Far too small even for a 3 year old in a single bed. If we use it side ways in order to keep her body warm, her feet hang out. If we use it length ways to cover her feet, it’s not wide enough to keep her body warm.

Purchased in December 2019.

More cons than pros.

Purchased in October 2019 at Calming Blankets.

Stacey
StaceyFar North Queensland, QLD

Doesn't live up to the hype

Didn't live up to the hype. I love the concept of a weighted blanket being able to reduce anxiety and help me sleep but it did nothing. It was also quite small for the price.

Purchased in March 2019 at Online for $200.

Good but small

The blanket is lovely but it's small. Because of the weight of the blanket when I turn in my sleep the blanket does not turn with me. I overcame this by putting the blanket in a larger cover.

Purchased in October 2019 for $225.

Kirst S.
Kirst S.

Hi, actually I solved the problem of the blanket turning with me by putting it into a queen size duvet cover. It now stays on top of me as I turn in the night. I am now very happy with the product. How can I edit my review?

Sent it back

No matter how perfect the ties were and how much I tried to move it, the weight was never evenly distributed. I sent it back about a week later, I tried to get used to it but it didnt work.

Calming blankets has contacted me and tried to get me to delete this review so that they can have a streak of perfect reviews and I believe that this is incredibly unprofessional.

Purchased in October 2019 at Calming Blankets for $229.

jaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not for me, but nice company to deal with

Purchased in July 2019.

Jill K
Jill KSydney Surrounds, NSW

Too heavy for me

I think I would really love a calming blanket but I got one based on the recommendation related to my weight and I find it too heavy. I think the blanket is fantastic quality and feels beautiful but it is oppressively heavy. I think I should have gotten a lighter on rather than the recommended weight. Unfortunately I can’t really justify the expense of buying a second, lighter one. The blanket itself is lovely.

Purchased in September 2019.

cvick
cvickSydney, NSW

Dreadful hate it

Hated it, it was so heavy I could hardly lift it, it didn’t make me sleep me sleep any better, I have put away and it now stays in the cupboard

Purchased in August 2019.

Kellie
KellieNorth Western Region, NSW

I found it didn’t help at all.

I’m very disappointed I was hoping it would help me get a better night sleep. It feels to Heavy and it Slips to the bottom and I can’t even it out

Purchased in August 2019 for $159.

jill
jill

weighted blanket

The blanket arrived and i put it on my bed and it is far too heavy for me, so I didnt sleep well at all. Very disappointed for the price it cost me.

Purchased in July 2018 for $241.32.