Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Calming Blanket

Pros

• Luxurious minky fabric

• Durable & washable

• Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

• Beads can bunch up

FredSydney, NSW

Very Good

The first night i slept like a baby, haven't slept like this in years. I’ve had it for over a month now, and with trial of using my old blanket in between i have to say i do go into a deeper sleep with the weighted blanket. However after a while i do feel like id like a “heavier” blanket but that is because of the weighted exercise and my body feeling more sore. Overall I honestly believe it is one of the best purchase’s I’ve made this year and have zero regrets. Literally a 4 out of 5 stars for sure.

Purchased in February 2021 for $299.00.

Rach
Rach

Good Customer Care

EDITED REVIEW: I initially reviewed this product as "disappointed" the blanket was to heavy for me even though I went with the recommended weight. I have to say I am now very impressed with this company and the blanket, their customer care reached out to me after my review and offered to exchange or refund. I opted to exchange it for the lighter one and they arranged return postage of the old one and delivery of the new one to me very quickly. I now have the new one and love it! It is a much better weight for me!

Purchased in May 2021 for $190.00.

chloe
chloeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not for me

Tardy response to emails after I returned the product and did not receive a refund in a timely manner. Calming blankets eventually provided full refunded after numerous emails and exposure online.

I did not find the calming blanket a useful tool in aiding sleep / relaxation hence the return.

Purchased in March 2020 for $189.00.

Frustrated

Our blanket keeps bunching up and so hard to even out, its frustrating constantly waking up in a mess. I wish it was evenly distributed like it states but it does not.

Purchased for $229.00.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

Alex S
Alex S

The bunching! Always with the bunching!

When I first got this blanket I absolutely loved it, though 2 weeks in, that all changed. The blanket constantly bunches! Even after shaking it loose and trying to flatten it out it just keeps bunching! The internal ties are useless and keep breaking. Definitely would not buy another.

Purchased in January 2020 for $299.00.

Surprising

Getting used to it. Has definitely helped with my sleeping. The weight I chose is good. Not as cooling as I hoped but am getting used to it. Am happy with it so far

Purchased in August 2020 for $250.00.

Grace
GraceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love my blanket!

Very helpful and comforting. Helps me relax at night and during the day. I wanted one for a while but wasn't sure it would be worth it..... it was! I ended up buying myself one as a self-present during isolation and it was the best decision!!
Sometimes the blanket is difficult to shift around (obviously given its so heavy), I've found that you just need to grab the blanket by the corners, ensuring you are holding both layers before moving. :)

Purchased in July 2020 at Calming Blankets for $220.00.

Genac
GenacGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

GOOD product and GREAT customer service

Purchased in April 2020.

Not a fan

its an extremely expensive product that in these hard times I stupidly bought! My son hates it. He won't use it and and its constantly thrown on the floor! I tried it myself and dont love it either.

Purchased in June 2020 for $90.00.

Helped my sleep!

I got used to the blanket straight away! I love it so much, as soon as I put it on me I fall asleep. Great for people who struggle with insomnia :-) The only downside is that it does get bunched up at times. Can’t live without it!

Purchased at Calming Blankets for $189.00.

Trace
TraceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reduced movement when asleep

While it's only been a couple of weeks the Calming Blanket, has certainly reduced the amount I move while asleep, husband notices it too. Love the feel of the weighted blanket. It's a little warmer than expected, however I will purchase the blanket cover to see if that helps. A few reviews mentioned it makes blanket cooler. Would recommend any one try the calming blanket for themselves or family member.

Purchased in July 2020 at Calming Blankets for $188.00.

Tiarna
TiarnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Moves doesn't stay in place

First time using a weighted blanket I like that it is heavy. I dislike that the insert moves and can bunch up and make the blanket really heavy to fix up.

Purchased in July 2020 at Calming Blankets for $300.00.

Kate O.
Kate O.Perth, WA

Love It! Amazing Value!

I bought the family pack which is amazing value for money as you can choose a different weight value for each blanket to suit the whole family! I absolutely love this for winter. The faux fur is beautifully soft and snuggly! The pink is closer to an ivory colour which is beautiful and goes in any room. It’ll be far too hot for spring and summer so I’m hoping to get the hand knitted blanket ... a friend has it and the weight distribution and stretch of it makes it more useful all year round! It feels lighter than 9kg compared to the 9kg weighted blanket.

Purchased in July 2020 at Calming Blankets for $396.00.

Get the blanket, ignore the extra covers

The blanket feels lovely and keeps me feeling comfortable, however my only gripe is that I put the cotton grey cover over top which seems like it was cut way too big for the blanket, which ends up making the blanket feel all out of sorts and uneven.

Purchased in June 2020 at Calming Blankets.

Too hot for me

Unfortunately I find this to be too hot. I found the weight to be comfortable but being a hot sleeper it doesn't suit me. I am able to take advantage of the guarantee but am considering keeping it.

Purchased in June 2020 for $180.00.

Rhys D.
Rhys D.asked

Order #CB188237 Hi, I'm more than a little concerned after reading these reviews. I really hope this blanket works for me. Due to my sleeping disorder. I should have done my research prior to ordering, but I am at my witts end with sleeping. Could you please explain the return/refund process to me, if I am delivered an inferior or misleading product?

Fred

Sorry im not sure about the refund/return process. However before you open it I suggest to check the websites T&C’s. Its been about 2 months now with the weighted blanket and im back to where i started again. Insomnia. Not sleeping well, feeling fatigue in the morning again. So not quiet sure its worth the price for a good few weeks of sleep.

Ange S.
Ange S.asked

I purchased the Bamboo Weighted Blanket as I live in sunny Queensland and wanted a natural fabric that would breathe. I received a blanket and the label says Polyester Inner and Outer with glass beads filling. There is zero reference to bamboo. I've done a bit of reading online and am pretty confident that Bamboo should not be labelled as polyester in any circumstance. Can anyone offer any explanation? It seems a bit misleading to me.

Hi Ange, Steph here :)

I'm very sorry to hear that you have possibly received an incorrect blanket.

I can assure you that our blankets are made from 100% bamboo, however unfortunately, we have recently found that some of the bamboo blankets had the incorrect label put on them when they were manufactured.

Rest assured as soon as we found out, we got on top of this with our suppliers.

I have just sent you an email, if you could please get back to me with a photo of that one, I would love to get this sorted for you right away!

Hope to hear back soon :)

Krystina
Krystina

Hi, I have just had the same experience. They are telling me the polyster one is infact bamboo.... it doesnt feel anything like bamboo. It feels silky, just like polyster. Did you ever get sent a bamboo one?
Really hate feeling misled.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Krystina, Steph here :)

I am very sorry that you feel misled in regards to your Bamboo Weighted Blanket, unfortunately, as we mentioned, there was a batch of incorrectly labelled blankets and covers. Our suppliers have now fixed this issue, unfortunately, it is just a case of phasing out all of the affected items.

If you would like to return that one to us for a full refund, we are more than happy to help you with this.

I have just closed your tickets with our support agent Lucy and have contacted you via my personal email to hopefully get this sorted out for you!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Chrisl
Chrislasked

I ordered 2 blankets, a kevin koala and a face mask on july 27th 2020.
I have had many email exchanges with you, the last from paris on sept 2nd, who was going to arrange for a priority shipment. Today I tried to ring and got a voice message asking me to email, and when I emailed to support@calmingblankets.Com.Au. The email ‘bounced’. Have you gone out of business?
I now wish to request a full reund of $696.99aud
I also request a phone call on 0404074262 within 2 working days. I save copies of all correspondence, and will take this up with consumer affairs, if no reply.
Chris leatherland

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Chris, Steph here, just following up quickly :)

I can see your cuddly Koala friend has now arrived with your granddaughter and the rest of your order has been canceled and refunded in full.

We hope she is loving her new friend!

I am so pleased that we were able to get this sorted out for you, and again, we do apologise for all of the delays in our warehouse, as promised, we have begun implementing new processes in the warehouse to ensure an overall swifter packaging routine, should you ever wish to purchase one of our products in the future, I am hopeful that your turn over will be much more efficient!

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you :)

See all Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Calming Blanket representatives

Improve your sleep, reduce your anxiety and wrap yourself in the velvety embrace of the original weighted blanket.

Features

• Ultra-soft faux minky plush fabric
  • Eco-friendly
  • Durable & washable
  • Weight options: 4.5kg, 6.8kg & 9kg
  • 30-day risk-free guarantee with free returns
  • Non-toxic, noise-free glass beads
  • Antimicrobial
  • Warmth: Both the inner and outer blanket are made from polyester which is scientifically proved to retain heat. The tight weave of the polyester fabric traps the heat inside, keeping you warm for long periods of time. The luxurious faux-fur coats the outside for an extra layer of warmth and softness.
  • Minky fabric: The ultra-soft feel comes from the knit fabric which is very durable. As minky fabric is one-sided, this means a plusher, fur-like and ultra snug texture on the outside.

What reviewers thought

There are many 5-star reviews that state that the blanket had a very calming effect on the users. Others claim that the product did little for them or the blankets bunched to one side and needed to be shaken to be loosened. Overall, there are many satisfied customers who would recommend the product to others.