Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Calming Blanket

Pros

• Luxurious minky fabric

• Durable & washable

• Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

• Beads can bunch up

FredSydney, NSW

Very Good

The first night i slept like a baby, haven't slept like this in years. I’ve had it for over a month now, and with trial of using my old blanket in between i have to say i do go into a deeper sleep with the weighted blanket. However after a while i do feel like id like a “heavier” blanket but that is because of the weighted exercise and my body feeling more sore. Overall I honestly believe it is one of the best purchase’s I’ve made this year and have zero regrets. Literally a 4 out of 5 stars for sure.

Purchased in February 2021 for $299.00.

Rach
Rach

Good Customer Care

EDITED REVIEW: I initially reviewed this product as "disappointed" the blanket was to heavy for me even though I went with the recommended weight. I have to say I am now very impressed with this company and the blanket, their customer care reached out to me after my review and offered to exchange or refund. I opted to exchange it for the lighter one and they arranged return postage of the old one and delivery of the new one to me very quickly. I now have the new one and love it! It is a much better weight for me!

Purchased in May 2021 for $190.00.

Michael
MichaelSydney, NSW

Customer service is shocking. Item quality is okay.

They don’t reply to your emails. I’m stuck withIf I made my purchase again I’d go with another seller who cared to reply to my emails. Quality of item is fine.

Purchased in June 2020 for $300.00.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Some cons to consider for potential buyers

Purchased in May 2021 at Calming Blankets for $300.00.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

Customer support is Terrible

I ordered a Queen/King Weighted Blanket but it wasn't big enough for two people so returned under there 30 days money back guarantee and wanted to order 3 x adult size blankets instead. The item has been returned to them and the only way to contact them is via e-mail (no phone number) and no one is responding to my e-mails. So I have no blanket and they still have my money and I have no option but to just hope they will decide to respond to my e-mails.

Purchased in April 2021 at Calming Blankets for $230.99.

Tony

Yes I have received the money thank you. I still think there needs to be another way to contact the company except via e-mail e.g. online chat or a phone number. Also maybe a shared mailbox so you aren't relying on one person to respond.

chloe
chloeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not for me

Tardy response to emails after I returned the product and did not receive a refund in a timely manner. Calming blankets eventually provided full refunded after numerous emails and exposure online.

I did not find the calming blanket a useful tool in aiding sleep / relaxation hence the return.

Purchased in March 2020 for $189.00.

peggynightSydney

Blanket delivered was not new. One side smells. Like sweat

Purchased in March 2021 at Calming Blankets for $229.00.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
bec
becAU

Not what I expected

I ordered the blanket and koala package for my son, he loved the koala but found the blanket way too small to be of any use, it bunches up really easily and falls to each corner. I feel like it was a waste of money.

Purchased in January 2021.

Alice A.
Alice A.New South Wales

Easily breakable

Delivery was on point and product was good, but, it's only been 2 weeks since I started to use this product (I ordered at end of Dec, it arrived while I was on holiday) and blanket is broken and beads are everywhere on the floor. I ordered summer and winter blanket. Summer blanket broke - has holes in them in weird spots, and winter one doesn't flatten out properly.

I don't think I will buy or recommend weighted blanket from this company ever again.

Purchased in December 2020 at Calming Blankets for $300.00.

Melissa N.
Melissa N.

Appalling customer service

Purchased in January 2021 at Calming Blankets.

Labelled as Polyester - ordered Bamboo

The issue of incorrect labelling was raised here 2 months ago. I received my 'calming blanket' and cover yesterday. Ordered Bamboo and is labelled as polyester. It is shiny and very thin - even if it is bamboo, I dont imagine there would be much longevity to the fabric. I would like to return this - please confirm how.

Purchased in January 2021 for $238.00.

Buyer beware
Buyer beware

Poor product and poor customer service

Weighted blanket bunches up all the time. It was suggested that we shake it out so the beads flatten out, but as soon as my daughter moves the beads bunch up again. Returned the item and asked for funds to be refunded to a different bank account. Customer service failed to reply to my email until after they had “refunded” the money into a bank account I no longer have access too. Poor form!!!! Now not am I only without a blanket, I am also out of pocket $106.

They tell me after the refund is made that they cannot refund to a different card, if I had known that before I would have asked for a replacement product which I am entitled too by law.

Purchased in October 2020 for $106.00.

Weighted Blankets

This is a Scam they do not ship products

I ordered 2 weeks ago and paid online. No sign of the products until now- I sent emails and phone calls. Than “Harry” support answers that product is shipped and with Dhl. A lie again since the courier shows clear no package sent. report the fraud!

Purchased in November 2020 at Calming Blankets for $250.00.

Erin
Erin

Not worth the hype

I can understand why some people may love this blanket, and I hope my review doesn't invalidate others' experiences. Personally, though, I found this product to be incredibly overrated. I don't see how the weight actually adds anything to the experience of sleeping. I suppose it can be somewhat calming, but it certainly isn't like being enveloped by a hug, the way the ads make it out to be. I think it's an expensive blanket that isn't too different from anything you could get from Kmart, with the caveat that its weight makes it very difficult to move around. Good luck trying to turf it off the bed if you're overheating, too.

Purchased in September 2020 for $110.00.

Frustrated

Our blanket keeps bunching up and so hard to even out, its frustrating constantly waking up in a mess. I wish it was evenly distributed like it states but it does not.

Purchased for $229.00.

Rhys D.
Rhys D.asked

Order #CB188237 Hi, I'm more than a little concerned after reading these reviews. I really hope this blanket works for me. Due to my sleeping disorder. I should have done my research prior to ordering, but I am at my witts end with sleeping. Could you please explain the return/refund process to me, if I am delivered an inferior or misleading product?

Fred

Sorry im not sure about the refund/return process. However before you open it I suggest to check the websites T&C’s. Its been about 2 months now with the weighted blanket and im back to where i started again. Insomnia. Not sleeping well, feeling fatigue in the morning again. So not quiet sure its worth the price for a good few weeks of sleep.

Ange S.
Ange S.asked

I purchased the Bamboo Weighted Blanket as I live in sunny Queensland and wanted a natural fabric that would breathe. I received a blanket and the label says Polyester Inner and Outer with glass beads filling. There is zero reference to bamboo. I've done a bit of reading online and am pretty confident that Bamboo should not be labelled as polyester in any circumstance. Can anyone offer any explanation? It seems a bit misleading to me.

Hi Ange, Steph here :)

I'm very sorry to hear that you have possibly received an incorrect blanket.

I can assure you that our blankets are made from 100% bamboo, however unfortunately, we have recently found that some of the bamboo blankets had the incorrect label put on them when they were manufactured.

Rest assured as soon as we found out, we got on top of this with our suppliers.

I have just sent you an email, if you could please get back to me with a photo of that one, I would love to get this sorted for you right away!

Hope to hear back soon :)

Krystina
Krystina

Hi, I have just had the same experience. They are telling me the polyster one is infact bamboo.... it doesnt feel anything like bamboo. It feels silky, just like polyster. Did you ever get sent a bamboo one?
Really hate feeling misled.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Krystina, Steph here :)

I am very sorry that you feel misled in regards to your Bamboo Weighted Blanket, unfortunately, as we mentioned, there was a batch of incorrectly labelled blankets and covers. Our suppliers have now fixed this issue, unfortunately, it is just a case of phasing out all of the affected items.

If you would like to return that one to us for a full refund, we are more than happy to help you with this.

I have just closed your tickets with our support agent Lucy and have contacted you via my personal email to hopefully get this sorted out for you!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Chrisl
Chrislasked

I ordered 2 blankets, a kevin koala and a face mask on july 27th 2020.
I have had many email exchanges with you, the last from paris on sept 2nd, who was going to arrange for a priority shipment. Today I tried to ring and got a voice message asking me to email, and when I emailed to support@calmingblankets.Com.Au. The email ‘bounced’. Have you gone out of business?
I now wish to request a full reund of $696.99aud
I also request a phone call on 0404074262 within 2 working days. I save copies of all correspondence, and will take this up with consumer affairs, if no reply.
Chris leatherland

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Chris, Steph here, just following up quickly :)

I can see your cuddly Koala friend has now arrived with your granddaughter and the rest of your order has been canceled and refunded in full.

We hope she is loving her new friend!

I am so pleased that we were able to get this sorted out for you, and again, we do apologise for all of the delays in our warehouse, as promised, we have begun implementing new processes in the warehouse to ensure an overall swifter packaging routine, should you ever wish to purchase one of our products in the future, I am hopeful that your turn over will be much more efficient!

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you :)

See all Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Calming Blanket representatives

Improve your sleep, reduce your anxiety and wrap yourself in the velvety embrace of the original weighted blanket.

Features

• Ultra-soft faux minky plush fabric
  • Eco-friendly
  • Durable & washable
  • Weight options: 4.5kg, 6.8kg & 9kg
  • 30-day risk-free guarantee with free returns
  • Non-toxic, noise-free glass beads
  • Antimicrobial
  • Warmth: Both the inner and outer blanket are made from polyester which is scientifically proved to retain heat. The tight weave of the polyester fabric traps the heat inside, keeping you warm for long periods of time. The luxurious faux-fur coats the outside for an extra layer of warmth and softness.
  • Minky fabric: The ultra-soft feel comes from the knit fabric which is very durable. As minky fabric is one-sided, this means a plusher, fur-like and ultra snug texture on the outside.

What reviewers thought

There are many 5-star reviews that state that the blanket had a very calming effect on the users. Others claim that the product did little for them or the blankets bunched to one side and needed to be shaken to be loosened. Overall, there are many satisfied customers who would recommend the product to others.