Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket (page 3 of 5)

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Calming Blanket

Pros

• Luxurious minky fabric

• Durable & washable

• Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

• Beads can bunch up

RJT
RJT

Really not for me

This was a horrible, suffocating experience for me. I am autistic, and I couldn't stand this at all - it made me feel crushed and struggling for breath. No words I can impart are strong enough to share how negative of an experience this product was for me (it absolutely entirely robbed me of a few nights sleep until I stopped trusting the reviews of other people and trusted in my own experience).

That said, the company paid for return postage (if I remember correctly), and promply refunded with no argument. So worth a go, if you think this *may* be your / your child's thing.

Chrissy I.
Chrissy I.Southwest, VIC

Recommended

Very good warm and fluffy, improves sleep quite a bit. Only problem is that the inner part keeps moving around in its case(weight ends up all to one side) but a couple of buttons sewn into the inside should solve that. I got a “3 for 1” deal on my blankets so the price listed is the total for all 3.

Sheena
SheenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do your research

The suggested weight was not right for me at all and I purchased this blanket under the websites guidance. It’s so heavy it makes my hips hurt and is unuseable.

shimmer
shimmerMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Pretty happy

I bought this for my grandson who has ASD and it seems to help him sleep a little better using the blanket. I would have preferred that the quilting was smaller as the beads clump up quite a bit.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

A hot night's sleep

Love the colour the feel of the material...it's really nice on the bed!! I love nothing better than sliding under it after a hard long painful day and fall asleep quickly and restfully!! Although I do find it gets too hot at times especially when hubby is in bed too but overall I love sleeping with the blanket!!

Hanna
HannaGippsland, VIC

Way too small to be functional

Info says the weighted blanket is not recommended for children under 2 years of age (completely understandable) yet the kids blanket is the size of a cot blanket. Far too small even for a 3 year old in a single bed. If we use it side ways in order to keep her body warm, her feet hang out. If we use it length ways to cover her feet, it’s not wide enough to keep her body warm.

More cons than pros.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Stacey
StaceyFar North Queensland, QLD

Doesn't live up to the hype

Didn't live up to the hype. I love the concept of a weighted blanket being able to reduce anxiety and help me sleep but it did nothing. It was also quite small for the price.

Pleasant weight!

My maldive bamboo blanket arrived first. I was pleased the colour blended better with my decor than expected. I was disappointed that the white zipper showed. This needs to be addressed. My quartz minky arrived the other day and I love the feel. Also relieved that the correct colour invisible zipper had been used. I love resting or reading under my blanket during the day. Sorting the bed at night is more difficult because my husband runs at a different temperature and is not using the weighted blanket - yet. I was looking forward to using the blanket in my recliner but the weight unbalances it..... I sleep OK anyway but like the weight and am hoping it helps with my RLS.

Beautiful blanket

We have had our 9kg blanket for 2 weeks now and are very happy with our purchase. My husband who was very sceptical is sleeping a bit better. Love the beautiful soft feel of the fabric.

Sent it back

No matter how perfect the ties were and how much I tried to move it, the weight was never evenly distributed. I sent it back about a week later, I tried to get used to it but it didnt work.

Calming blankets has contacted me and tried to get me to delete this review so that they can have a streak of perfect reviews and I believe that this is incredibly unprofessional.

Suprised

Was excited to receive my blanket. A little heavier than I expected but great for snuggling up on the couch. Will recommend to others but 9kg one is a little too heavy.

Simone I
Simone ISydney, NSW

Great product, better sleep after use

Alissa
AlissaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love my blanket

I love my blanket and would recommend anyone buys one... However, I think having more ties on the inside would be better as the blanket moves around (I ended up taking off the snuggly cover), and smaller bead squares would probably be a good thing too - for more even distribution. Other than that I love it.

cvick
cvickSydney, NSW

Dreadful hate it

Hated it, it was so heavy I could hardly lift it, it didn’t make me sleep me sleep any better, I have put away and it now stays in the cupboard

Nice weight

I got the the adult minky blanket. The feel of the cover is lovely and the weight was nice and helped with my sleep. If you toss and turn in your sleep I would reccomend the queen size blanket. I also noticed the ties in the cover could be more secure as after two weeks one had fallen out.

Kellie
KellieNorth Western Region, NSW

I found it didn’t help at all.

I’m very disappointed I was hoping it would help me get a better night sleep. It feels to Heavy and it Slips to the bottom and I can’t even it out

Charley
CharleyCanberra 2600, ACT

Living up to the expectation

This blanket has so far lived up to the expectations.
I was hoping it would help my 7 yr old son with some behavoural issues sleep in his own bed and make it easier to get him to sleep and so far so good its only been a bit over a fortnight and he is actually starting to remember to pull his blanket up at night because he says "I just cant sleep good with out my blanket"
So we have gone from pretty much having him in our bed from about 12-1 am most nights to occasionally coming into our bed about 5 am which has been a blessing
And instead of 1-2 hours trying to get him to sleep to about 15-20 minutes.
So all in all we are liking it. It did take a few days to get used to but after that its been great.

Amber M
Amber MSydney, NSW

BLANKET ARRIVED MOLDY!

I purchased the Adult Weighted Blanket for a gift for a family member suffering from health issues.
When we unraveled the blanket it was moldy inside!
Aside from the lack in quality for a high price , a product promoting health benefits arriving in an unhealthy condition is beyond disappointing.
Waiting for a response/replacement from company.

GWood
GWoodSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great service - just getting used to the blanket...

I like it, and am slowly liking it more - so yes I do recommend. But I honestly thought it would feel heavier - it feels too light. Is this because I got the handwoven 9kg which stretches out a fair bit (without even trying it's a double bed size) so it's hard to get the full impact of the weight without bundling it up unevenly on top of myself? Maybe the glass beads option would be better, but this does look gorgeous. I will love it in time, just takes a bit to work out how to make it work best.

Kids are fighting over the blanket

Kids love the blanket on the couch and fight over who gets it on their bed. Unfortunately my 10yo ASD child still wets the bed so I have to take the blanket off her once she goes to sleep. A waterproof cover would be awesome.

Tania
TaniaCentral West, NSW

Happy customer

At first I found it heavy and felt like it was not evenly distributed beads. Opened it up and a couple of the ties where not done up. Once I tied it up I have found the blanket to be doing what it is supposed to do and am sleeping better.

Best blanket ever!!!

it really does help you you calm and get sleepy i fell asleep on the couch for the first time ever ( i dont like sleeping on couches) but i just couldnt help it, the blanket made me hahahah

Sameer
SameerWestern Australia

Poor Design and Poor Customer service (DON'T BUY SINGLE ADULT BLANKET)

Sam L
Sam LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shipping takes too long

The email mentioned 2-8 business days but it has been over a month now.
They should mention it if it's going to take this long!! I'm very dissapointed with their service.