Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Calming Blanket

Pros

• Luxurious minky fabric

• Durable & washable

• Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

• Beads can bunch up

Calming blanket review

I brought the calming blanket to help me relax and sleep better as I have trouble unwinding at the end of the day. It took me a while to get used to the weight but I stuck with it and I am now sleeping soundly and I fall asleep quickly rather than lying awake going over things in my mind. I wake up feeling rested, even one of our cats likes it. It does take a couple of weeks to get used to the weight but if you stick with it is well worth it from a wellbeing perspective.

Purchased in May 2020.

Jessica B.
Jessica B.Hobart, TAS

Can’t sleep with out this blanket!

Got a blanket for my son so he may start to stay in his bed by himself. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked. But on the other hand I can’t sleep with out mine. Deep sleep and well rested .

Purchased in May 2020 for $529.00.

Child loves it

I bought the child's calming blanket as my daughter took forever to fall asleep. Now she's asleep within 10 minutes and she is having a better night's sleep. So good we can take it anywhere.

Purchased in April 2020.

Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW

Way to heavy for me

This wasn’t for me, it is way too heavy & I was waking up with a sore back everyday. So disappointed as I really wanted to see if my sleep pattern would change.

Purchased in May 2020.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

Sam
Sam

Like the weight

The weight is perfect. How ever there is to much movement in the filling even though I have tied all the ties probably. And often need adjustment. Deciding if I will get another style

Purchased in November 2019 at Calming Blankets for $200.00.

Noticible difference

I bought the blankets in a 3 pack. Both my kids have been using them for around 2 weeks. They haven't noticed a change but I have. They fall asleep quicker and stay asleep. The only problem is the inner blanket slides around and ends up punching up which can be difficult to rectify.

Purchased in May 2020 at Calming Blankets for $300.00.

Sharon P.
Sharon P.Victoria

Pleasantly Surprised

Very comfy and pleasant to sleep under. I usually wriggle and have restless legs but it has settled down. It does move around in the cover more than expected, could have more ties. Glad I purchased it.

Purchased in March 2020.

Peta
PetaSydney, NSW

Moving in the cover too much

I love the blanket and it's therapeutic effect. I am just having trouble with it staying in place in its cover, despite the ties. And you can't shake it out like you would a normal blanket/doona.

Purchased in March 2020 at Calming Blankets for $219.00.

Nic
NicGippsland, VIC

Great product

You have a fantastic product but to be honest it hadn’t made any difference to my sleep. I’m a light sleeper and was hoping to improve on this but not so :(

Purchased in March 2020.

Love my blanket

I have the bamboo blanket and love it. It’s relaxing and comforting. The only problem is that my dogs love it too. I don’t want it to get smelly or damaged so have put it into a cotton quilt cover. Not the same ! The beautiful fabric of the blanket adds to its feeling of comfort. Is there a possibility of a cover in the same beautiful material

Purchased in January 2020 at On line.

I feel calm

I grew up in Era where there were heavy reassuring blankets on the bed at night rather than the feather Duvet’s in shops now.
This calming blanket feels like that
It takes me back to my childhood and security of sleeping with weight over you.

Purchased in January 2020.

RJT
RJT

Really not for me

This was a horrible, suffocating experience for me. I am autistic, and I couldn't stand this at all - it made me feel crushed and struggling for breath. No words I can impart are strong enough to share how negative of an experience this product was for me (it absolutely entirely robbed me of a few nights sleep until I stopped trusting the reviews of other people and trusted in my own experience).

That said, the company paid for return postage (if I remember correctly), and promply refunded with no argument. So worth a go, if you think this *may* be your / your child's thing.

Purchased in April 2019.

Chrissy I.
Chrissy I.Southwest, VIC

Recommended

Very good warm and fluffy, improves sleep quite a bit. Only problem is that the inner part keeps moving around in its case(weight ends up all to one side) but a couple of buttons sewn into the inside should solve that. I got a “3 for 1” deal on my blankets so the price listed is the total for all 3.

Purchased in January 2020 at Calming Blankets for $396.00.

shimmer
shimmerMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Pretty happy

I bought this for my grandson who has ASD and it seems to help him sleep a little better using the blanket. I would have preferred that the quilting was smaller as the beads clump up quite a bit.

Purchased in December 2019 for $190.00.

A hot night's sleep

Love the colour the feel of the material...it's really nice on the bed!! I love nothing better than sliding under it after a hard long painful day and fall asleep quickly and restfully!! Although I do find it gets too hot at times especially when hubby is in bed too but overall I love sleeping with the blanket!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Calming Blankets for $300.00.

Hanna
HannaGippsland, VIC

Way too small to be functional

Info says the weighted blanket is not recommended for children under 2 years of age (completely understandable) yet the kids blanket is the size of a cot blanket. Far too small even for a 3 year old in a single bed. If we use it side ways in order to keep her body warm, her feet hang out. If we use it length ways to cover her feet, it’s not wide enough to keep her body warm.

Purchased in December 2019.

More cons than pros.

Purchased in October 2019 at Calming Blankets.

Stacey
StaceyFar North Queensland, QLD

Doesn't live up to the hype

Didn't live up to the hype. I love the concept of a weighted blanket being able to reduce anxiety and help me sleep but it did nothing. It was also quite small for the price.

Purchased in March 2019 at Online for $200.00.

Pleasant weight!

My maldive bamboo blanket arrived first. I was pleased the colour blended better with my decor than expected. I was disappointed that the white zipper showed. This needs to be addressed. My quartz minky arrived the other day and I love the feel. Also relieved that the correct colour invisible zipper had been used. I love resting or reading under my blanket during the day. Sorting the bed at night is more difficult because my husband runs at a different temperature and is not using the weighted blanket - yet. I was looking forward to using the blanket in my recliner but the weight unbalances it..... I sleep OK anyway but like the weight and am hoping it helps with my RLS.

Beautiful blanket

We have had our 9kg blanket for 2 weeks now and are very happy with our purchase. My husband who was very sceptical is sleeping a bit better. Love the beautiful soft feel of the fabric.

Purchased in November 2019.

Suprised

Was excited to receive my blanket. A little heavier than I expected but great for snuggling up on the couch. Will recommend to others but 9kg one is a little too heavy.

Purchased in August 2019 for $200.00.

Simone I
Simone ISydney, NSW

Great product, better sleep after use

Purchased in September 2019.

Alissa
AlissaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love my blanket

I love my blanket and would recommend anyone buys one... However, I think having more ties on the inside would be better as the blanket moves around (I ended up taking off the snuggly cover), and smaller bead squares would probably be a good thing too - for more even distribution. Other than that I love it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Calming Blankets for $189.00.

Nice weight

I got the the adult minky blanket. The feel of the cover is lovely and the weight was nice and helped with my sleep. If you toss and turn in your sleep I would reccomend the queen size blanket. I also noticed the ties in the cover could be more secure as after two weeks one had fallen out.

Charley
CharleyCanberra 2600, ACT

Living up to the expectation

This blanket has so far lived up to the expectations.
I was hoping it would help my 7 yr old son with some behavoural issues sleep in his own bed and make it easier to get him to sleep and so far so good its only been a bit over a fortnight and he is actually starting to remember to pull his blanket up at night because he says "I just cant sleep good with out my blanket"
So we have gone from pretty much having him in our bed from about 12-1 am most nights to occasionally coming into our bed about 5 am which has been a blessing
And instead of 1-2 hours trying to get him to sleep to about 15-20 minutes.
So all in all we are liking it. It did take a few days to get used to but after that its been great.