Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Calming Blanket

Pros

• Luxurious minky fabric

• Durable & washable

• Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

• Beads can bunch up

Amber M
Amber MSydney, NSW

BLANKET ARRIVED MOLDY!

I purchased the Adult Weighted Blanket for a gift for a family member suffering from health issues.
When we unraveled the blanket it was moldy inside!
Aside from the lack in quality for a high price , a product promoting health benefits arriving in an unhealthy condition is beyond disappointing.
Waiting for a response/replacement from company.

GWood
GWoodSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great service - just getting used to the blanket...

I like it, and am slowly liking it more - so yes I do recommend. But I honestly thought it would feel heavier - it feels too light. Is this because I got the handwoven 9kg which stretches out a fair bit (without even trying it's a double bed size) so it's hard to get the full impact of the weight without bundling it up unevenly on top of myself? Maybe the glass beads option would be better, but this does look gorgeous. I will love it in time, just takes a bit to work out how to make it work best.

Kids are fighting over the blanket

Kids love the blanket on the couch and fight over who gets it on their bed. Unfortunately my 10yo ASD child still wets the bed so I have to take the blanket off her once she goes to sleep. A waterproof cover would be awesome.

Tania
TaniaCentral West, NSW

Happy customer

At first I found it heavy and felt like it was not evenly distributed beads. Opened it up and a couple of the ties where not done up. Once I tied it up I have found the blanket to be doing what it is supposed to do and am sleeping better.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

Best blanket ever!!!

it really does help you you calm and get sleepy i fell asleep on the couch for the first time ever ( i dont like sleeping on couches) but i just couldnt help it, the blanket made me hahahah

Sameer
SameerWestern Australia

Poor Design and Poor Customer service (DON'T BUY SINGLE ADULT BLANKET)

Sam L
Sam LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shipping takes too long

The email mentioned 2-8 business days but it has been over a month now.
They should mention it if it's going to take this long!! I'm very dissapointed with their service.

Anonymous
AnonymousMelbourne

Very cosy and comforting .

I bought this blanket as I was desperate to try anything which may help my 9 year old daughter sleep through the night , help calm her racing mind and bad dreams . Have been using for a couple of weeks . She loves the blanket as its soft , good quality and she likes the Weight aspect but unfortunately not serving the purpose just yet as far as sleeping through . Time will tell !

Deb
Deb

calming Blanket woweee

Taken a few days to get used to it, but loving it nw. Sleep has improved heaps, great for anxiety and calms me on a low day. My grandson has Autism (he has one also) n works great for him too. Wish i had this ages ago - totally recommend , money well spent

Anna I.
Anna I.South East Queensland, QLD

Good quality product.

The blanket is very soft and comfortable. A little bit hot for me, but I think I could use to it. The size for a single person a little bit small. Now I think I should buy queen size.
Regarding of the result - yes it's working :) I'm sleeping more deeper, relaxed, not waking up few times at night and in the morning feel refreshed.
Thanks to Calming Blanket.

Nearly perfect.

To be honest a tiny bit small in length as I have a tall daughter for her age, but beautiful quality and great customer service make this a fantastic purchase.

Greedi
GreediHunter Region, NSW

Could be much better

The inside portion of the blanket is flat. It just feels like a very expensive blanket. I bought my daughter a calming blanket from a different company and it’s so much better

Cathie
CathieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Son loves it

My son is autistic and he Has difficulties sleeping
Since having his calming blanket doing really well
No moving and he is snuggled in it all night
I just wish I ordered the larger size instead of kids size

Jen
JenSouth West, WA

Love it

Love the calming blanket so much. All the family do so we will look at getting another few. One small thing....when we have the warmer nights cover on the blanket tends to bunch up.

Pretty good

I purchased this for my 13 year old son who has always had trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. I hoped this would work. It doesn't help him get to sleep (could be because we have had 30 degree days here since I got it though). I do think it helps him to stay asleep and sleep more soundly. I think my only suggestion would be that it would be better if it was a bit wider but otherwise it's great.

Experienced weighted blanket owner. Love the blanket but not the covers

Blanket came beautifully presented. Because it was a 45 degree day. I immediately took off minky cover and changed to cotton cover. It’s just too small. The blanket sits bunched and too short. Once removed I found the blanket to be beautiful and comforting. Warmer than my other other blanket but gorgeous

Sarah
Sarah

Lovely

I love this blanket. It is on the warmer side for QLD summer, but I am still able to sleep with it

Cosy and warm

Overall the blanket is wonderful. I do find at things the beads bunch up one end so I have to get up and shake it out.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

First night sleep without meds

In my daughters words-‘it feels like it slows down my hear rate’ and she slept without melatonin.
so far a huge win. Only issue was the cotton cover that came with it doesn’t fit particularly well, too big and the blanket moves around underneath

EmmaRain
EmmaRainTaree

Great!

Lovely and soft, love the bamboo cover. It’s not too hot for summer, unless it’s over 30 degrees, then it’s a bit uncomfortable. It is heavy to pick up, and fairly weighty on the body but thought it would feel heavier. I bought the 6.8kg recommended for my weight 52kg. Overall I’m happy with my purchase and would buy again, tempted to try the 9kg blanket.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Cover is too big for blanket

One thing I would say needs improvement is the cover is too bring for the blanket even though you tie the ends it does get lost in the cover becoming uneven and having to be altered each time of use.

danahcam
danahcamMelbourne

Excellent for kids on the spectrum.

Bought one of these for my 9yo son who has ADHD and ASD. He doesn’t sleep very well and wakes up numerous times during the night. He loves this blanket because the weight makes him feel secure and he has definitely slept better. Only negative I have is the length could be longer. Otherwise great idea and extremely worth it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Review collected in partnership with Calming Blanket

Perfect weight, small sizing

This is an amazing product and any son is loving how he feels when sleeping, it is however very small for an adult size blanket. It would be wonderful if these blankets where longer

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very comfy blanket with minor issues in quality.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great blanket

We love our weighted blanket! We love the way we feel when we snuggle with our blanket - super cozy and very relaxing - love after a long day! Love

Date PurchasedDec 2018