Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Pros

• Luxurious minky fabric

• Durable & washable

• Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

• Beads can bunch up

bec

becAU

Not what I expected

I ordered the blanket and koala package for my son, he loved the koala but found the blanket way too small to be of any use, it bunches up really easily and falls to each corner. I feel like it was a waste of money.

Purchased in January 2021.

Alice A.

Alice A.New South Wales

Easily breakable

Delivery was on point and product was good, but, it's only been 2 weeks since I started to use this product (I ordered at end of Dec, it arrived while I was on holiday) and blanket is broken and beads are everywhere on the floor. I ordered summer and winter blanket. Summer blanket broke - has holes in them in weird spots, and winter one doesn't flatten out properly.

I don't think I will buy or recommend weighted blanket from this company ever again.

Purchased in December 2020 at Calming Blankets for $300.00.

Erin

Erin

Not worth the hype

I can understand why some people may love this blanket, and I hope my review doesn't invalidate others' experiences. Personally, though, I found this product to be incredibly overrated. I don't see how the weight actually adds anything to the experience of sleeping. I suppose it can be somewhat calming, but it certainly isn't like being enveloped by a hug, the way the ads make it out to be. I think it's an expensive blanket that isn't too different from anything you could get from Kmart, with the caveat that its weight makes it very difficult to move around. Good luck trying to turf it off the bed if you're overheating, too.

Purchased in September 2020 for $110.00.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

Alice

AliceSouth Australia

I like the weight but HATE how much it moves around in the cover.

I like the weight but hate how much it moves around in the cover, it is so difficult to straighten and adjust on my daughters bed and when sleeping under it.
I will not buy another one.

Purchased in July 2020.

Stacey

StaceyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mixed feelings

I love the soft feel, but i hate how the weights inside move so much and it has me waking during the night several times to readjust
Great value for money

KEC

KEC

Overall good

We bought pack of 3. Would have preferred if we selected different weights/sizes. Drawback is the ties keep coming undone or loosening. A zip/stronger would remedy this. Smaller pockets would also ensure less movement bunching of beads. Another improvement would be access with zips on 2 sides to make accessing to ties easier.
Having said this we have seen improvement in sleep.

Purchased in June 2020 at Calming Blankets.

Inicht

InichtCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Very warm and snuggly....but...

Love it, but whatever is inside slides around, and sometimes there is nothing but the cover on me. It's annoying to have to keep adjusting the insides.
other than that it's definitely resulted in my sleeping more soundly.

Purchased in July 2020 at Umart Online Online store.

Leanne Rose

Leanne RoseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bamboo weighted blanket

nice size but the 15kg weight is way to heavy i don't suggest anyone getting that size even being a bigger person. Good pricing and good they have afterpay options as well.

Purchased in May 2020 for $299.00.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Not all it is set out to be

Blanket has its faults, the weight can be mismatched uneven, when you lift the blanket it started to rip, showing that the quality is not as adequate as it claims, I have had this for less than a week and a hole is already present close to the opening of the blanket.

Purchased in April 2020 for $300.00.

Wiser NowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Beautifully made but too hot and too heavy

Superb quality. I got the 6.8 kg, recommended for my weight, 63kgs. I've slept under it for 2 nights now. Found it pretty warm which surprised me as I fell the cold. I do have flannelette sheets on though. It's also really heavy, which I know is the point, and is why I bought it, but I found it too heavy. I had to take it off last night. I'll try it again tonight. I'm giving it 3 stars because of the quality.

Purchased in May 2020.

Wiser Now

Hi thanks for responding, yes I am used to the weight now, it is good. Still very hot though. Would the bamboo be cooler? Thanks

Selena

Selena

It's okay

The blanket is a very nice thing to have, the weight does feel nice. However, considering all it does is apply pressure (it does not feel like a hug), the price of the blanket is a bit much considering there are off-brand equivalents available. I purchased the cotton sheet that goes over the blanket. Its texture is nice and preferable personally to the original, however also not worth $50 since it doesn't stay tucked into the corners and requires regular readjustment if you plan to use the blanket a lot. A bit tedious if you aren't a person of a strong physique.

Purchased in January 2020 for $250.00.

Tired Mumma

Tired MummaAlice Springs, NT

GOOD: SON STILL RESTLESS

My son is a very anxious, light sleeper! Forever tossing and turning and restless. I think he likes the feeling of the blanket above all- hasnt really improved his sleeping habit or helped with his anxiety! I dont think i will be upgrading when he grows out of the childrens range.

Purchased in February 2020 for $89.00.

Good but small

The blanket is lovely but it's small. Because of the weight of the blanket when I turn in my sleep the blanket does not turn with me. I overcame this by putting the blanket in a larger cover.

Purchased in October 2019 for $225.00.

Kirst S.
Kirst S.

Hi, actually I solved the problem of the blanket turning with me by putting it into a queen size duvet cover. It now stays on top of me as I turn in the night. I am now very happy with the product. How can I edit my review?

jaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not for me, but nice company to deal with

Purchased in July 2019.

Jill K

Jill KSydney Surrounds, NSW

Too heavy for me

I think I would really love a calming blanket but I got one based on the recommendation related to my weight and I find it too heavy. I think the blanket is fantastic quality and feels beautiful but it is oppressively heavy. I think I should have gotten a lighter on rather than the recommended weight. Unfortunately I can’t really justify the expense of buying a second, lighter one. The blanket itself is lovely.

Purchased in September 2019.

jill

jill

weighted blanket

The blanket arrived and i put it on my bed and it is far too heavy for me, so I didnt sleep well at all. Very disappointed for the price it cost me.

Purchased in July 2018 for $241.32.

Lauren.as

Lauren.asGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Helps me relax

Blanket helps me relax, but I do have a few gripes considering the $200+ price tag. One is the polyester cover which they call minky soft, due to the nature of the fabric it becomes hot and sweaty.
The blanket beads also don't really stay on you due to gravity. This could be remedied by smaller pockets for the beads. Also having to do up and un do like 15 ties to attach the cover is annoying and seems a bit cheap.
Will say service was good and quick and when my first covers stitching started ripping open, then sent out a replacement straight away. Just would wish for higher quality for such an expensive purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 for $250.00.

Bea A.

Bea A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Uncomfortable

Purchased in June 2019 at Calming Blankets.

Nat

NatCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Purchased adult and child blanket

I purchased two blankets. One adult and one child. I’m super disappointed as my daughters blanket is very small and doesn’t even cover her properly. Had I checked and purchased two decent size blankets, I’d have given 5 stars. So please check the sizing to avoid disappointment. On the other hand, my blanket is fabulous. Found it super heavy at the start and way too hot. It took me ages to adjust. Now I really love it. My insomnia/sleep walking and night terrors have diminished.

Purchased in February 2019 for $338.00.

See all Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket reviews

Ange S.

Ange S.asked

I purchased the Bamboo Weighted Blanket as I live in sunny Queensland and wanted a natural fabric that would breathe. I received a blanket and the label says Polyester Inner and Outer with glass beads filling. There is zero reference to bamboo. I've done a bit of reading online and am pretty confident that Bamboo should not be labelled as polyester in any circumstance. Can anyone offer any explanation? It seems a bit misleading to me.

Hi Ange, Steph here :)

I'm very sorry to hear that you have possibly received an incorrect blanket.

I can assure you that our blankets are made from 100% bamboo, however unfortunately, we have recently found that some of the bamboo blankets had the incorrect label put on them when they were manufactured.

Rest assured as soon as we found out, we got on top of this with our suppliers.

I have just sent you an email, if you could please get back to me with a photo of that one, I would love to get this sorted for you right away!

Hope to hear back soon :)

Krystina
Krystina

Hi, I have just had the same experience. They are telling me the polyster one is infact bamboo.... it doesnt feel anything like bamboo. It feels silky, just like polyster. Did you ever get sent a bamboo one?
Really hate feeling misled.

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Krystina, Steph here :)

I am very sorry that you feel misled in regards to your Bamboo Weighted Blanket, unfortunately, as we mentioned, there was a batch of incorrectly labelled blankets and covers. Our suppliers have now fixed this issue, unfortunately, it is just a case of phasing out all of the affected items.

If you would like to return that one to us for a full refund, we are more than happy to help you with this.

I have just closed your tickets with our support agent Lucy and have contacted you via my personal email to hopefully get this sorted out for you!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Chrisl

Chrislasked

I ordered 2 blankets, a kevin koala and a face mask on july 27th 2020.
I have had many email exchanges with you, the last from paris on sept 2nd, who was going to arrange for a priority shipment. Today I tried to ring and got a voice message asking me to email, and when I emailed to support@calmingblankets.Com.Au. The email ‘bounced’. Have you gone out of business?
I now wish to request a full reund of $696.99aud
I also request a phone call on 0404074262 within 2 working days. I save copies of all correspondence, and will take this up with consumer affairs, if no reply.
Chris leatherland

Calming BlanketsCalming Blanket

Hi Chris, Steph here, just following up quickly :)

I can see your cuddly Koala friend has now arrived with your granddaughter and the rest of your order has been canceled and refunded in full.

We hope she is loving her new friend!

I am so pleased that we were able to get this sorted out for you, and again, we do apologise for all of the delays in our warehouse, as promised, we have begun implementing new processes in the warehouse to ensure an overall swifter packaging routine, should you ever wish to purchase one of our products in the future, I am hopeful that your turn over will be much more efficient!

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you :)

Agnes

Agnesasked

Just have a concern about the uneven weight distribution that people have complained about in their reviews.

Can you provide more information on how the beads are distributed in the blanket

Tracy
Tracy

I don’t find it a problem. The internal ties keep it in place inside the cover. It does bunch up a little at the bottom but the weight is still evenly distributed. I just shake it out in the morning. It’s not enough that it affects the intention of the blanket.

See all Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Calming Blanket representatives

Improve your sleep, reduce your anxiety and wrap yourself in the velvety embrace of the original weighted blanket.

Features

• Ultra-soft faux minky plush fabric
  • Eco-friendly
  • Durable & washable
  • Weight options: 4.5kg, 6.8kg & 9kg
  • 30-day risk-free guarantee with free returns
  • Non-toxic, noise-free glass beads
  • Antimicrobial
  • Warmth: Both the inner and outer blanket are made from polyester which is scientifically proved to retain heat. The tight weave of the polyester fabric traps the heat inside, keeping you warm for long periods of time. The luxurious faux-fur coats the outside for an extra layer of warmth and softness.
  • Minky fabric: The ultra-soft feel comes from the knit fabric which is very durable. As minky fabric is one-sided, this means a plusher, fur-like and ultra snug texture on the outside.

What reviewers thought

There are many 5-star reviews that state that the blanket had a very calming effect on the users. Others claim that the product did little for them or the blankets bunched to one side and needed to be shaken to be loosened. Overall, there are many satisfied customers who would recommend the product to others.