Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Calming Blankets Store

Pros

Luxurious minky fabric
Durable & washable
Eco-friendly glass beads

Cons

Beads can bunch up

Michael
MichaelSydney, NSW

Customer service is shocking. Item quality is okay.

They don’t reply to your emails. I’m stuck withIf I made my purchase again I’d go with another seller who cared to reply to my emails. Quality of item is fine.

Purchased in June 2020 for $300.

Calming BlanketsCalming BlanketSend a private message

Some cons to consider for potential buyers

Purchased in May 2021 at Calming Blankets for $300.

Customer support is Terrible

I ordered a Queen/King Weighted Blanket but it wasn't big enough for two people so returned under there 30 days money back guarantee and wanted to order 3 x adult size blankets instead. The item has been returned to them and the only way to contact them is via e-mail (no phone number) and no one is responding to my e-mails. So I have no blanket and they still have my money and I have no option but to just hope they will decide to respond to my e-mails.

Purchased in April 2021 at Calming Blankets for $230.99.

Tony

Yes I have received the money thank you. I still think there needs to be another way to contact the company except via e-mail e.g. online chat or a phone number. Also maybe a shared mailbox so you aren't relying on one person to respond.

peggynightSydney

Blanket delivered was not new. One side smells. Like sweat

Purchased in March 2021 at Calming Blankets for $229.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

bec
becAU

Not what I expected

I ordered the blanket and koala package for my son, he loved the koala but found the blanket way too small to be of any use, it bunches up really easily and falls to each corner. I feel like it was a waste of money.

Purchased in January 2021.

Alice A.
Alice A.New South Wales

Easily breakable

Delivery was on point and product was good, but, it's only been 2 weeks since I started to use this product (I ordered at end of Dec, it arrived while I was on holiday) and blanket is broken and beads are everywhere on the floor. I ordered summer and winter blanket. Summer blanket broke - has holes in them in weird spots, and winter one doesn't flatten out properly.

I don't think I will buy or recommend weighted blanket from this company ever again.

Purchased in December 2020 at Calming Blankets for $300.

Melissa N.
Melissa N.

Appalling customer service

Purchased in January 2021 at Calming Blankets.

Calming BlanketsCalming BlanketSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Labelled as Polyester - ordered Bamboo

The issue of incorrect labelling was raised here 2 months ago. I received my 'calming blanket' and cover yesterday. Ordered Bamboo and is labelled as polyester. It is shiny and very thin - even if it is bamboo, I dont imagine there would be much longevity to the fabric. I would like to return this - please confirm how.

Purchased in January 2021 for $238.

Buyer beware
Buyer beware

Poor product and poor customer service

Weighted blanket bunches up all the time. It was suggested that we shake it out so the beads flatten out, but as soon as my daughter moves the beads bunch up again. Returned the item and asked for funds to be refunded to a different bank account. Customer service failed to reply to my email until after they had “refunded” the money into a bank account I no longer have access too. Poor form!!!! Now not am I only without a blanket, I am also out of pocket $106.

They tell me after the refund is made that they cannot refund to a different card, if I had known that before I would have asked for a replacement product which I am entitled too by law.

Purchased in October 2020 for $106.

Weighted Blankets

This is a Scam they do not ship products

I ordered 2 weeks ago and paid online. No sign of the products until now- I sent emails and phone calls. Than “Harry” support answers that product is shipped and with Dhl. A lie again since the courier shows clear no package sent. report the fraud!

Purchased in November 2020 at Calming Blankets for $250.

Erin
Erin

Not worth the hype

I can understand why some people may love this blanket, and I hope my review doesn't invalidate others' experiences. Personally, though, I found this product to be incredibly overrated. I don't see how the weight actually adds anything to the experience of sleeping. I suppose it can be somewhat calming, but it certainly isn't like being enveloped by a hug, the way the ads make it out to be. I think it's an expensive blanket that isn't too different from anything you could get from Kmart, with the caveat that its weight makes it very difficult to move around. Good luck trying to turf it off the bed if you're overheating, too.

Purchased in September 2020 for $110.

Alice
AliceSouth Australia

I like the weight but HATE how much it moves around in the cover.

I like the weight but hate how much it moves around in the cover, it is so difficult to straighten and adjust on my daughters bed and when sleeping under it.
I will not buy another one.

Purchased in July 2020.

ShevPerth, WA

Fraudulent Company

I ordered a blanket from this company a while ago, they sent me the wrong order. I consistently tried to contact them, the phone number goes straight to voice mail, they do not reply to emails or messages or across any other platform, after MORE THAN 2 WEEEKS they finally got back to me with a resolution, and promised to send me the correct order and that I would receive it in 2-8 days, 12 days later and still no order. Save yourself the hassle and order from another company.

Purchased in June 2020 at Calming Blankets.

Shev

Also do dot believe all of these reviews, this company is paying or endorsing people to write positive reviews, filthy behaviour but what could you expect from a dishonest company.

Stacey
StaceyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mixed feelings

I love the soft feel, but i hate how the weights inside move so much and it has me waking during the night several times to readjust
Great value for money

KEC
KEC

Overall good

We bought pack of 3. Would have preferred if we selected different weights/sizes. Drawback is the ties keep coming undone or loosening. A zip/stronger would remedy this. Smaller pockets would also ensure less movement bunching of beads. Another improvement would be access with zips on 2 sides to make accessing to ties easier.
Having said this we have seen improvement in sleep.

Purchased in June 2020 at Calming Blankets.

Anton B.
Anton B.asked

Hi,

Do people find that the weight of the blanket hinders breathing in any way? I don't think I have sleep apnoea or anything like that, but just am curious to see what people experiences are with a weighted blanket and breathing.

Cheers,
Anton

Jude
Jude

I had wondered that but didn’t find it a problem, it was surprisingly comfortable

Rhys D.
Rhys D.asked

Order #CB188237 Hi, I'm more than a little concerned after reading these reviews. I really hope this blanket works for me. Due to my sleeping disorder. I should have done my research prior to ordering, but I am at my witts end with sleeping. Could you please explain the return/refund process to me, if I am delivered an inferior or misleading product?

Fred
Fred
Ange S.
Ange S.asked

I purchased the Bamboo Weighted Blanket as I live in sunny Queensland and wanted a natural fabric that would breathe. I received a blanket and the label says Polyester Inner and Outer with glass beads filling. There is zero reference to bamboo. I've done a bit of reading online and am pretty confident that Bamboo should not be labelled as polyester in any circumstance. Can anyone offer any explanation? It seems a bit misleading to me.

Krystina
Krystina

Hi, I have just had the same experience. They are telling me the polyster one is infact bamboo.... it doesnt feel anything like bamboo. It feels silky, just like polyster. Did you ever get sent a bamboo one?
Really hate feeling misled.

See all Calming Blanket Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Calming Blankets Store representatives

Improve your sleep, reduce your anxiety and wrap yourself in the velvety embrace of the original weighted blanket.

Features

• Ultra-soft faux minky plush fabric
  • Eco-friendly
  • Durable & washable
  • Weight options: 4.5kg, 6.8kg & 9kg
  • 30-day risk-free guarantee with free returns
  • Non-toxic, noise-free glass beads
  • Antimicrobial
  • Warmth: Both the inner and outer blanket are made from polyester which is scientifically proved to retain heat. The tight weave of the polyester fabric traps the heat inside, keeping you warm for long periods of time. The luxurious faux-fur coats the outside for an extra layer of warmth and softness.
  • Minky fabric: The ultra-soft feel comes from the knit fabric which is very durable. As minky fabric is one-sided, this means a plusher, fur-like and ultra snug texture on the outside.

What reviewers thought

There are many 5-star reviews that state that the blanket had a very calming effect on the users. Others claim that the product did little for them or the blankets bunched to one side and needed to be shaken to be loosened. Overall, there are many satisfied customers who would recommend the product to others.