CalorieKing.com.au

CalorieKing.com.au

TaffTas
TaffTasAU

Focus on being f

I started off well with this app (on Android) a few months ago and it was reliable and fast. For the last week, it's just stopped the search function which makes it useless to me.

I even uninstalled and re-installed and, re-booted my Android and all to no avail.

I've given up!

Start DateJuly 2020
PALMSYD
PALMSYDsydney

Be wary if signing up - Membership not working on their new system!

Although this product and site is good, years ago I paid a ONE OF PAYMENT for a membership joining fee on the Calorie King website, however, now I am informed by customer service that that old membership is no longer valid as they have a new system. Be VERY wary of signing up with this company and paying any fees for their services. I feel this is sham and if I had the time and inclination I would take this further legally. I do not recommend this CalorieKing.

Michael H.
Michael H.Perth, WA

Used to be great

Very disappointing revamp, nowhere near as good as this site used to be. Also what happened to my old data? I hope the old site rises from the ashes soon

Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Find out how CalorieKing.com.au compares to other Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Helenmn
HelenmnSydney, NSW

Not a scratch on the old website

The old website was useful and after struggling with this one I'm very dissapointed. It's lost so much of its functionality so I won't be using it again. I wish someone would re-publish the old site - I don't care if data has been lost, I just need the features we used to have!

Denise D.
Denise D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

New website really sub-standard

I used the wonderfully helpful Calorie King website for more than a decade, and bought the official Calorie Counter books over the years. This new website is so obviously inadequate I see no good reason to use it. It's not only difficult to navigate, but it lacks the extensive database that backed the old site. It doesn't hold a candle to the original website. I sincerely hope the old website can be resurrected, even if it has a different name. Maybe some other entity, or agency (e.g. CSIRO) could duplicate the old website and publish it online as open source for general population use. Obesity is such a global problem, and the old website was so very helpful and user-friendly. I am so disappointed.

Additional Physical ActivitiesCardio and Weightlifting
Caz
CazPerth, WA

Where's my data? Serious privacy concerns here.

TTT
TTTSouth East Queensland, QLD

The new upgrade is totally disappointing

So disappointed since the upgrade. This was my go-to website and now I cannot for the life of me navigate it properly. The old site was user friendly. This new version is so difficult and time consuming. Will be going to My Fitness Pal instead.

Additional Physical ActivitiesWeightlifting
Joanna D.
Joanna D.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Bring back the old website!

I agree with some of the other reviews. I had hundreds of my own food and recipes saved. I saw they were changing and that none of my data would be saved so I did screenshot of some of my favourite recipes. I've tried to use the new website but find it much more difficult to negotiate. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to save a recipe. The food database seems to be the same, with a huge number of foods available. I don't understand why they've changed it. If the app is better it'd be great if they could include android users. For first time users it is a fabulous tool but for those of us that used the old one it is nowhere near a good. I think they've probably lost a lot of loyal members.

Very disappointed

The new Calorie King website is very hard to use and did not transfer my membership so all my details are lost. Very disappointed with this product and much preferred the old Australian website

Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Find out how CalorieKing.com.au compares to other Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Where is the old calorie King site!

I haven't been into calorie King site for a while. Much to my disappointment they have changed the site - it is dreadful. I used to have all my own recipes loaded but they have not been copied over. I have spent ages trying to work out how to use the new site. Very disappointed.

Lizzy
LizzyBrisbane

New website really lacking

The old website was great. It would generate a menu plan for you for the calories you needed to consume. That does not exist on the new one. I really hate it now. Wont be using it. They got rid of all my database. They only put a notice on the website and did not email me. I have been ill for 6 months and unable to spend time doing a diet so now better decided to get back into it only to find it is all gone. I had spent hours putting in my own food and meals into the database.

Chilli's mum
Chilli's mumasked

I used to have your App on my android samsung phone now it has disappeared on my new phone when all my apps were downloaded. I was as much as called a liar today by the medical profession. Is an app returning for android please?
Cheers Chris

Debbie
Debbieasked

Do you have this app for android phones yet?

Cincin

I refuse to count food on anything. I only follow the menu in front of the calorie counter book. I believe counting food is an unhealthy obsession that only leads to neurotic behaviour around food.

Annetteasked

My BMI is 30+ and I need to lose 50 lbs. Calorie King says that I need to consumer 2300 calories a day to lose weight. Sounds like a lot of calories to lose weight. Great if this is correct, but could it be a mistake?

Bit high. Are you male or female. That seems like a man's caloric intake. What about hight and age?

Annette

I am female and 5ft 11' and 63 years old.

Cincin

It seems like a mistake. I wouldn't get all caught up in the details of mathematical calculations, just stick with the sample menu in the front of the calorie king booklet. Gives plenty of variety for menu planning and plenty of wiggle room. It's also something you can follow permanently.

CategoryDiet & Weight Loss Programs