CamBuy
Brand Manager for CamBuy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.2

Going above and beyond!

I recently visited CamBuy in passing to see if they stocked any film. They said they dont normally stock film but they offered to order some in for me! I asked what they could get and they said they could Fujifilm film in. I asked about Acros because I knew it had been discontinued and they had it in store ready for me to pick up the next day! It is so refreshing to see them now keeping it in sotore constantly and it makes it easy and they’re always happy to have a chat when I come in to grab some film! Very friendly staff

Don
    DonSydney, NSW

Never Again!!!

Poor stock and terrible customer service.

Came in to look at the Fujifilm X-series cameras. First of all mine were in stock to look or buy apart from X-T20. When equired to why they had nothing on display was rudely told that they don’t “open any boxes” and it was a standard practice. Also was told that they were “low prices, great service” which I cannot agree with.

The reason I came in to the store was to try different bodies out and see which felt better “in-hand” as I would rather shop at brick and mortar store and support local sellers. Left disappointed and will not be back. They lost a sale and I would look to shop from someone who offers genuine service and keep stock on display.

Excellent customer service! Competitive pricing

I chose to go through cambuy after careful consideration of all my online options. They had the most competitive prices for the d3400. My items were dispatched within a week and took 4 days to arrive. I'm 100% satisfied with the product

Scott V
    Scott VRockhampton

Best online shopping experience I've ever had!

Gary was extremely helpful, and immediately informed me that some items I had selected were incompatible / not in stock. I'm just beginning in photography, so I have a pretty limited knowledge base. Gary was quick to pick up that I had selected an incompatible tripod for my camera. The bag I originally selected wasn't in stock, so Gary suggested a few others which I wouldn't have to wait for (they were of similar price too, he didn't try and get me to buy a more expensive item). It took a few emails back and forth to finalise my order, and my items were shipped very quickly.

I can't wait for an excuse to have to spend more money with these guys!

musokestrain
    musokestrainSydney, NSW

The first place I go when buying camera gear

I have bought a number of cameras and lenses from Cambuy over the years. They provide honest advice, competitive prices, and a personal touch to the sale. Their business relies on them providing the best possible service as there is plenty of competition from the larger chains. Their catalog is nearly always up to date with the latest gear. I have been so satisfied with their service over the years and they are my first port of call when I am in the market for something new.

mega
    megaMelbourne

kept my money for 2 months

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
    where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
    Captain Zac
    Captain ZacMelbourne

Definitely recommended!

I bought a few camera accessories from Cambuy. The rating here for Cambuy was accurate. Fantastic price, service, and reliability.

I even had a last minute change in my order. The shipment was process, but was still sitting in the office. The team was very helpful and manage to change my order.

Would definitely recommend the site to anyone.

Wonderfully helpful and friendly

I visited their shop in Maroubra whilst visiting Sydney from UK. I'd bought a camera in Singapore on my way but found the battery would not charge so asked advice from the staff in Cambuy. They were extremely helpful and only too happy to help.

Find out how CamBuy compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Great prices and am happy

I have twice bought cameras off these guys while visiting Australia and both times got bargains. First camera was a Panasonic GM5 with kit lens and second a Panasonic G85 body-only but at reduced price and came with a free 25mm f/1.7 prime. Got 10 per cent back at the airport as well (tourist tax refund scheme). Both purchases were made online, with one camera delivered to Brisbane and the other to Melbourne. No problems with shipping. The GM5 crapped out after 14 months, but not the merchant's fault. Would still recommend Cambuy. Sweet as!

G R W
    G R WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and really helpful staff

I have just completed the purchase of 2 cameras and the price , including grey stock, was the best I could find. The cameras were well packed and delivery was quick .

Easy returns

I purchased a waterproof camera from Cambuy just before Xmas, but the camera didn't prove to be so waterproof after all - it got flooded 2 days into my holidays. The camera cost $189 so I didn't have high expectations, but surely it should have lasted longer than that. Anyway, I took it back to the shop after my holidays, they confirmed the fault and offered me a replacement unit on the spot in a different colour as they didn't have any white ones. The guy helping me (Hiro or Hero?) was helpful and polite. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again. Let's hope this camera will last longer...

Bill
    BillDarwin

CamBuy - All I can say is don't trust them

Money has been taken from credit card straight after the order and after 3+ days of nothing I called them and then they tell me I used the wrong credit card and need to refund my money in 3 more days and in the mean time place the order again using another credit card. Money was refunded right away after I threatened to place a Cashback through Paypal and call credit card office to put a stop payment on the transaction. Don't trust CamBuy!

DJay
    DJaySydney, NSW

Would have been great if the stock in store match their website

Looked online for a drone bag and google took me to there website. Said they had stock but turns out they didn't.

Didn't seem to concerned that I had wasted a trip to drive there, told me blantently that the website does not list "Out of Stock" items which it does which I pointed out. Could have offered free postage or something but offered nothing. Was almost tempted to back order but considering it went from next delivery being 1-2 months as stated by store to it will be in next week I didn't want to risk it.

Found another store in the area, which funny enough when I told them who I went through they said they get a lot of people through there store who originally went to Cambuy first

Just doesn't seem 100% legit

whisselblower
    whisselblowerMelbourne

CamBuy - zero customer care its all about the last dollar!