5Camec Digital Instantaneous 042793

Heating Speed
2.3

bandito
banditoPerth, WA3 posts

Pity can't give it no stars

The most useless caravan water heater we've ever encountered during 20+ years travelling.
Unfortunately this was in the van when we bought it and from day one we've had non-stop E9 errors. We had the unit serviced and it worked ok about 8 times, but now it's straight back to E9 errors!
NEVER EVER voluntarily buy this useless piece of rubbish water heater.
As with 99% of other reviews, this unit is absolute RUBBISH!!! Show details
monty
montyNorth Western Region, NSW3 posts

13Kw Works as advertised

Installed in a motorhome but found it would not get to the required temperature, after some research we changed the copper gas line to 3/8" from the standard 5/16", also fitted a dual high flow regulator
Instant fix, with a 45PSI pump and running the shower on full we now have 50-55 degrees
I recomend increasing the gas line size to 3/8" if you install this, very happy with the performance Show details
v.pastars2 posts

Hopeless

Bought a RV with a new one installed. The unit is about 18 months old. It fired up but like all the other reviews won’t run, keeps cutting out on error E9. Spoke with Camec tech several times, did everything suggested, still the same. This summer will use a bucket with submersible pump. I’ll go back to a suburban I’ve had in previous RV.

An update since I wrote this review.
After a lot of calls and emails to Camec they sent me a part (no charge) that cured the problem. The faulty part when tested shows no sign of any fault so there is no way of knowing it was the problem. Show details

Overall
Noise Level
Functionality
Bevan
Bevan

Absolute garbage unit

Bought and had installed in my motorhome and first trip the unit showed an E6 on controller unit. Contacted Camec and they sent me a replacement ECU. Replaced this unit and it worked. Second trip out after 2 years due to no travel due to Covid, the unit refused to work again with E6 again, removed the ECU and reconnected and it worked after rubbing the contacts. Now on my 3rd trip and it has now a E4 error coming up. This heater is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever come across. Show details
Overall
Functionality
Dom
DomSydney, NSW

Garbage.. Don’t buy it

Purchased new from Camec.
Can’t get temperature above 36, and only on a slow dribble, just enough to keep it ignited. Very disappointed.
It can NEVER reach 37 above ambient as stated. I now have a hole in my Motorhome.
We are not game to go away with it.
I am now going to throw it away after only one week, loose my money , and go back to my old 14 litre tank system.
Once again, DON’T BUY IT.!! Show details
Matt
Matt

Absolute garbage

Absolute rubbish unit.
Am in process of trying to get my money back
1x failed control board had to be replaced.
The door is rusting after 1.5 years and looks terrible.

As with other reviews it simply is not fit for purpose and cannot heat water correctly.
Theater flow has to be so low you will never get a good shower.
It can't even be used for dishes 95% of the time.

hours spent talking to camec technicians etc.
I just want my money back so I can buy a suburban nautilus with almost double the btu burner power. Show details

Tom U.
Tom U.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute garbage

The control panel did not work from day 1. See youtube video.
No one was willing to help with that issue.
Now it is blowing fuses for no reason. I assume the control panel is completely cactus. Show details
Kasey C.