2 questions from our users

SM85

SM85asked

Cameron Construction

How expensive are these guys? I want to add on a kitchen, living and dining room to the back of my house!

Max Howe
Max Howe

????

Adam

Adamasked

Cameron Construction

I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had a similar experience to the 2 very bad reviews on this site. Has anyone lodged a complaint?

VivaMexico
VivaMexico

I only had minor issues with the quality of work that was easily rectified, but the project that should have taken 6 months to complete took almost 2 years, and I incurred additional cost. Cameron Construction is like any other company that accepts more work than its in house workforce can handle, its project managers are overstretched and they have to use more subcontractors than they would probably like. Advice that I give about Cameron Construction holds true with whoever you use. 1. Before receiving a quote decide on exactly what you want done right down to all the fixtures. Do not allow them to sell you the idea that you can make changes later because the mark up is huge and it never ends well. 2. Ensure that the schedule of payment does not result in paying large amounts up front as that acts as a disincentive to get things done by the builder, and can create issues with your lender. Ensure that the final settlement amount is of some substance 3. Constantly inspect work and get things rectified as they happen, and harass them if nothing has been done. 4. Ensure that there are penalty clauses for not completing work on time without unreasonable caveats, and I am talking about cash deductions from the final settlement amount. I would probably have the penalty escalate as time passes 5. If I had my time again, in the contract I would supply as much ‘post lock up stage’ material as possible and have the builder just provide the trades. 6. Depending on the cost and what you need done, having your own project manager to deal with the builder is probably a good idea.

Get an answer from our members and Cameron Construction representatives