Camilla

Very poor fitting and poor quality

I bought the Bell Sleeve playsuit, Bliss of Bohemia in size XS, navy blue and brown in colour. The package was inside a pretty envelope, wrapped in a bow tie. That was the only thing I liked about the piece. As soon I took out the item of clothing from the plastic it was in 3 pieces of small beads dropped down. By biggest disappointment was the fitting. It was extremely large at the front, 2 of me could have fit in there. There was no way I could find a reason to keep this item of clothing. The fabric was of poor quality, the "100% silk" claim doesn't impress me. The cost for the playsuit doesn't justify the very poor quality and fitting. I could much easily find a playsuit with that kind of fitting at Valleygirl!

layby was not explained

my layby happened some time ago . I was also told to pay the whole thing out then get a credit note which i could not afford. So Camilla ended up keeping my money and i wonder how many times that happens. I would have been happy to have my deposit as a credit note, but not the whole amount when i could not afford it at that time.
Most companies give you a credit note for your deposit.
Its a complete rip off and you kept my money.

Cost cutting. Half the amount of beads in real life and it’s considered ‘unique differences’

I purchased a $650 limited edition kaftan as I really loved the print. When I received my kaftan, two of the larger beads had already fallen off in the bag. When I saw this I went online to see how many beads were missing as I wondered if some had fallen into my carpet when I wasn’t looking. To my surprise, on the picture online, there were beads in groups of two and three, but my garment had them in just groups of two and just one lonely bead.

I wrote to them and was told this is normal and a creative difference. It was also missing the standard packet of replacement beads that is usually attached to all Camilla tags.

They asked to send pics. I did. I don’t think they even got them as their automated system did not reply and they didn’t say if they did when I directly asked if they had got the pictures. I’m not entirely sure it isn’t a machine sending the reply’s.

They offered that I return it and they would look at it for quality control, but couldn’t hold one for me to replace it with in case they sold out in the meantime.

I won’t bother with buying from them again as clearly there appears to be cost cutting happening at the factory and they don’t seem to care that it’s damaging their brand.

Disappointing.Thanks

Poor Quality

My daughter spends a fortune on Camilla and she’s acquired some beautiful pieces however I purchased swimwear for her, part of the purchase was a sarong $199 it’s a piece of nylon no beading just a machined around the edges piece of nylon disgraceful.

Hello Trish, Thank you for getting in touch with your feedback. We are sorry to hear of the misunderstanding with regards to our swimwear sarongs and their fabrication. Of course, we do make note in the garment description on our website the fabrication of these pieces and that embellishments are not included. This is the case due to the necessary functionality required from a swim sarong, in that it must be able to be utilized across salt and chlorinated water.Unfortunately silk and beading would perish in these conditions which is why they are not used for our swimwear sarongs. We do offer beautiful silk scarves which can also be worn around the beach, however, these are not created to be worn with chlorine and salt water unlike our sarongs. If you are unhappy with your CAMILLA purchase of course we do have a returns policy in place which does allow for you to return this to us within 14 days of purchase. Of course, we would never wish for our customers to be unhappy with their purchases so please do reach out to our Customer Care team directly if we can assist you to online@camilla.com.au With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Overpriced, poor quality sweatshop rag

Would never buy from this place again. My husband thought he would treat me and surprised me just before our weekend in Noosa.

Can't help but feel they are made for 60 year old women who want to feel fashionable, I'm sorry but the product is poorly designed and the quality is not there for a piece of material costing hundreds of dollars. The product is not made in Australia but rather in a developing country where the workers are probably paid less than $10 dollars a day. I really don't think it's an ethical business.

You've been warned!

Hello Liz, Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment in this instance. CAMILLA is a unique brand that prides itself on quality garments that have intricate designs and embellishments throughout each Collection. Each CAMILLA piece is infused with story: the destination and adventure are yours to fill with vibrant colour, digital print, bohemian detailing and intricate craftsmanship. All pieces are luxurious, individualistic and timeless, creating a sentimental place in your wardrobe and life. The CAMILLA Company mission is to only work with ethical, social, moral and environmentally compliant manufacturers. To meet this goal, we have a dedicated team who travel frequently to all of our vendor partners to ensure that the standards of this objective are met. Issues such as paying a living wage, are at the forefront of our manufacturing strategy along with other clauses such as good working conditions and fair labor practices. Our customers concerns are very much part of the Camilla Brand Strategy to ensure that our customers can have faith in us as the guarantor that internationally accepted standards of compliance are maintained in all our product offerings. If you require any additional information or have any further questions please contact us directly to online@camilla.com.au With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Very Happy so far

Yes they are expensive, like most products that are designer labelled. You are paying not only for silk and beading but also the brand name. Ordering was easy and i received my garments 3 days after placing the order. i needed to exchange one item due to being too big, rang them directly for guidance and the girl was extremely helpful in helping me choose a style that was a better fit. I have sent off the exchange and hopefully will have my new top back by the end of the week.

Hello Debra, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and are so glad to hear that our team were able to assist you with your inquiry! With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Item was poor quality & no customer service online

I purchased through the camilla website for the first time. The item was poor quality and not worth the price tag Camilla thinks it’s worth. These products belong in the target reject bin because there are so many other companies doing resort wear better.

The product has material which wore out like a rag you clean your house with.

Everything about the process is frustrating and not worth your time and money.

Camilla’s website and returns is confusing and time wasting. In my opinion it looks like the automatic system is designed to discourage you from complaining or asking for a refund. You don’t email with a human right away and you don’t get the same person replying every time.

I should have known better about the level of customer service I got; one time I visited the Camilla store in Claremont. Older rich women typically buy Camilla to swan around in; it is the rich person equilivient of a bogan bali bingtang.

Instead of spewing ironic messages of peace and love around the world; Camilla should spend more time making sure her customers get what they paid for. I will never purchase from the website and I’m not surprised other people had the same issues with quality and non existent customer service from the website.

As said by AB FAB - you work in a shop; just do the job you’re paid for (selling a product worth the price tag).

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The CAMILLA Customer Care team are extremely sorry to hear of your experience at our Claremont boutique. Your feedback has been forwarded onto our head of retail for further assessment to be sure this does not go unnoticed. At CAMILLA, we pride ourselves on our luxurious designs, intricate embellishments, and quality craftsmanship, however, we understand that there may be times where you will need to return an item purchased from us. As per our CAMILLA online return policy full-priced items purchased from the CAMILLA eBoutique may be returned and then a refund or CAMILLA eBoutique credit (at your election) will be issued, provided that the conditions in this Policy are satisfied. With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Disgusting customer service

Put a dress on layby and needed to cancel the layby I asked to cancel it and receive an in store credit. They told me no I would have to forfeit my money $250 or pay out the layby $600 and then get a credit note. Sale staff was rude didn't matter that I had spent hundreds of dollars on the brand for many years. Maybe Camilla frank should actually understand the true meaning of the Indian beliefs she preaches and educate her staff instead of being all show. Will never purchase again.

Hello Asha, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The CAMILLA team are extremely sorry to hear of your recent experience. All customers are required to read and sign our Lay-By terms & Conditions in full before purchasing so we apologise if this policy was misunderstood. If you would like to discuss your feedback further we would love to hear from you to our Customer Care team at online@camilla.com.au With love , CAMILLA Customer Care xx

So disappointed I won't buy another item.

I bought my first Camilla dress for our son's beach wedding from Camilla in Claremont in Perth but it had a fault in the silk and replaced after the second wearing so I was very disappointed. 2nd dress as a replacement but not the same dress came away at the back seam and worn 4 times but because the warranty had expired Camilla wasn't interested in doing anything. I would have to be the most unlucky person to have had two Camilla dresses which cost $600 and not a cheap exercise to fall to bits. Two women and one a manager had never seen anything like it, only sent photos to head office when I requested the dress be returned and inspected. Not done and told to go to their alterations person. The alterations person recommended by Camilla would not commit because they could not say that the same problem would happen again. Camilla was't prepared to pay for the alteration .The design of Camilla is Australian but the clothing is made else where. I took my dress to my alterations lady because I'm stuck with a $600 dress that I can't wear in it's present condition. After contacting head office several times in Sydney by phone and sending an email which wasn't answered as they are not interested in my extreme disappointment as a customer and consumer. I found out that you can't contact Camila Franks in any way and nor can anyone working for Camila Franks. That tells me it's all an empire built on people like me who spend their money in good faith without receiving goods that they should have received. I have silk clothes of many years with no problems so this tells me it is an inferior material. I will never buy another Camilla item because it is made of an inferior material using countries employing poor people to make an enormous amount of money for Camilla Franks.

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment in your CAMILLA purchase. Here at CAMILLA we pride ourselves on manufacturing high quality, beautiful garments and we apologise this does not seem to be what you have received. Our Customer Care are always available Monday – Friday 9:30am – 5pm and respond to all customer inquiries so we apologise if there was an error in communication in this instance. If you would like to discuss your feedback further please kindly email our Customer Care angels to online@camilla.com.au With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xxPlease don't patronise me by saying you are sorry because you are not. No one at Camilla cared when I contacted them in April and it has taken until September for you to write a comment. This shows just what little respect you have for customers which have built this brand. Don't send love to people you don't know as you just love customers spending money and don't care about them when genuine things go wrong with your product. This is another insincere and in genuine act on the companies behalf.Hi There, Again, we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment. As soon as we have been made aware of this forum we have taken action respond and follow up on all feedback! If you would like to discuss your feedback further please kindly email our Customer Care angels to online@camilla.com.au.

Frustrated customer

I see another person went trough the same thing order lipsticks 2 months ago nothing. Wrote them no response. Never again. Companies like this ate ruining for other companies who put there ad on Facebook. Losing people's trust.

Hi Gabby, Unfortunately it seems you have left this review against the wrong business. The brand you have commented on is CAMILLA AUSTRALIA not "Camilla's Clothing" of which we believe you have placed your order with. We have received a significant amount of contact incorrectly directed to us regarding this business, which appeared to be a website selling replica Nike tracksuits and lipsticks. This is certainly not the products that we sell at CAMILLA: www.camilla.com This is not a website that CAMILLA AUSTRALIA is associated with and we encourage you to contact them directly with any order issues. We wish you all the best in solving your query with the correct business. With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Order never received!

Ordered 2 and items January 5. Have yet to receive. Will not respond to my 7 emails. No phone number.

Hi Jodi, Unfortunately it seems you have left this review against the wrong business. The brand you have commented on is CAMILLA AUSTRALIA not "Camilla's Clothing" of which we believe you have placed your order with. We have received a significant amount of contact incorrectly directed to us regarding this business, which appeared to be a website selling replica Nike tracksuits and lipsticks. This is certainly not the products that we sell at CAMILLA: www.camilla.com This is not a website that CAMILLA AUSTRALIA is associated with and we encourage you to contact them directly with any order issues. We wish you all the best in solving your query with the correct business. With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Scam alert!

I ordered a floral track suit 44 days ago! I have not received it, nor have I received a response from them about it after many attempts. Do believe these negative reviews and save your money! *lesson learned*

Hi There, Unfortunately it seems you have left this review against the wrong business. The brand you have commented on is CAMILLA AUSTRALIA not "Camilla's Clothing" of which we believe you have placed your order with. We have received a significant amount of contact incorrectly directed to us regarding this business, which appeared to be a website selling replica Nike tracksuits and lipsticks. This is certainly not the products that we sell at CAMILLA: www.camilla.com This is not a website that CAMILLA AUSTRALIA is associated with and we encourage you to contact them directly with any order issues. We wish you all the best in solving your query with the correct business. With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Beautiful prints but can't understand the hype

Camilla designs are famous for their digital prints and many of them are really beautiful. The garment patterns are overly simple and, while I like a lot of the items, I never understood the hype around this brand. The garments seem overpriced for what is really resort beach wear, the company also appears to be very precious with discounting. No free postage under $500. For the price point, the return policies are unreasonable. If you buy something with even a modest 10% discount, you can only get a credit note, not a refund. If this garment cost over $500, that's a lot of money to have in a credit note. I feel that there is a disconnect between the quality, prices, consistency of sizing and return policies. The label behaves like a cult brand where people are desperate to have it because of the social media hype. But it's not Gucci or Chanel and the quality is not at the level to put it in a mid tier luxury brand category to justify this exclusive attitude.

Of my few experiences buying online, more than half resulted in returns. Colour was dull compared to the pictures on one item, size was way smaller than described on the sizing chart for another item. I received store credits for these. One item was faulty - had dark stains and I managed to get a refund.

I can't justify paying full price for this brand and buying on sale has been unsuccessful half the time. I do like some of the items but will only buy if I can try it on first.

Hello Anna, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. All CAMILLA garments are made by hand and on average, take 72 man hours to be created. Each crystal is placed by hand by our global artisans, each design is individually printed and every stitch made with love, no two pieces will ever be the same and as such are uniquely their own. Due to the bespoke nature of our garments our CAMILLA tribe certainly has grown, something we are incredibly humbled by given the global extent of our tribe. We certainly do things a little differently and celebrate our artisan spirit, beating to our own drum. We do hope the above helps to explain the process in how our garments are created and why these are priced accordingly and we sincerely hope that in the future you may choose to visit our Boutiques again. With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Good online experience but suspect product quality.

I bought a Camilla dress online and it didn't fit correctly. I emailed for a return authorisation, filled in the paperwork and sent the dress back; the refund was on my card within a week. No complaints about the refund process apart from having to pay $20 to return the item.

I then purchased (again online) a kaftan and on reading the care label I noticed it says dry clean in a particular way. Now silk has been around a lot longer than dry cleaners and I've always hand washed my silks. I contacted Camilla and they said the crystals and embellishments may come off with washing; fair enough I suppose but I'm very careful and willing to take the risk. To my astonishment they then said that the dye in the silk may run if the garment is washed. So they're telling me that an allegedly 100% silk kaftan which cost over $700 is not colourfast? They've provided all these wonderful suggestions for "freshening up" the kaftan but none of them actually involve washing it clean. Truly, I would have been better off buying a cheap washable polyester kaftan and no one would have known the difference, apart from it smelling nice and clean! Disappointed too, to see that the kaftan is Made in India and not Australia, given the price. I'm pretty sure this will be my one and only Camilla purchase. So here's a tip for Camilla; put the care instructions on your web page so customers know up front that they can't wash the garment; it does make a difference to the purchase choice for many people.

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. With regards to our care labels, this information is certainly on our website for our customers perusal at any time. CAMILLA is a unique brand that prides itself on quality garments that have intricate designs and embellishments throughout each Collection. Each CAMILLA piece is infused with story: the destination and adventure are yours to fill with vibrant colour, digital print, bohemian detailing and intricate craftsmanship. All pieces are luxurious, individualistic and timeless, creating a sentimental place in your wardrobe and life. We feel very lucky to work with some of the best artisans of their trade globally across a number of countries and by no means do we feel this negatively impacts the quality of our pieces, in fact, these areas are renowned for their craftsmanship. We now have operating warehouses based in India and China, and are creating certain products in the areas which specialise in manufacturing techniques and fabrics to continue to deliver the highest quality pieces, which you have known to grow and love. With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Camilla Memory Lane Bustier bikini set

I made this purchase online but called the online store first for their opinion regarding sizing. Their online store were fabulous and assured me I could make a return on the full price item if it did not fit or I wasn't happy. The swimsuit is beautiful and their advice was spot on regarding my sizing. The product quality is amazing as well. I also received the swimsuit the next day - will definately be purchasing again with Camilla - great service and product.

Hello Deborah, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and are so glad to hear that our team were able to assist you with your inquiry! With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Don't believe the bad reviews

I am a Dr and I see patients in and out of practice and I always need something comfortable to wear besides a suit as it's too hot in practice. I have about 5 camillas all from David Jones in Chadstone and none have ever had any issues. I love how flawy they are and recently I purchased one on sale at DJ's at Chadstone too..

Amazing quality and the crystals are beautiful

Hello Helena, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and are so glad to hear that our team were able to assist you with your inquiry! With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Customer Service - Pretend Customer Service

My purchase was online for a brand new Camilla through another company. The dye ran all over me and after I contacted Customer Service I was told that (over numerous emails): I must have washed it incorrectly (not been washed), I must have got it wet (obviously I perspired on it), it was too tight (not).
One email explained that it was a problem with all clothes with dark dye, not just Camilla's. After numerous emails back and forth and being treated with condescending language by their customer service girl I was told I needed proof of purchase and I should take it up with the company I bought it off, more than two months after I first complained.
Made by Camilla means nothing and I have a very, very expensive unwearable dress.
Do yourself a favour and purchase another brand, Camilla wants your hard earned money and doesn't care if the product they sell you is faulty.

Hello J, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment in your CAMILLA purchase. CAMILLA Garments are enriched with handmade embellishments and delicate fabrics; we recommend a spot dry clean only, which is stated on our care labels. Spot dry clean means that the garment is only dry cleaned where the spots/stains have occurred, as the entire garment cannot safely be submersed in types of solvent/ water or this could risk embellishments falling off and dyes in the fabric bleeding. We are glad to hear your CAMILLA garment itself was not damaged due to this and are very sorry that the dark dye had run onto yourself based on your feedback. The piece is most certainly wearable, however, in this instance perhaps not in an environment where significant perspiration may occur as per your feedback. We do hope this is helpful and please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Care team directly should there be anything further we can assist you with to online@camilla.com.au With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xxHi Camilla Official, My garment had not been worn or washed before. The first time I wore it the dye came out on my underwear and any place I perspired, I might add - it was not 'considerable' perspiration. None of the embellishments came off, just colour. Thank you Customer Care I will remember that if and when I wear my Camilla I will make sure the temperature is under 17 degrees and the function is outside so I don't get hot and make sure my undergarments are dark blue so that when the dye runs you won't notice. Your advice is rediculous and I stand by my opinion. WARNING Camilla garments are not heat tested, lol. Jenny Oakley PS The Garment is certainly not wearable and your company has again shirked its responsibility to the customer.Hi J, Thank you for your response. Again, we are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. This is certainly an anomaly as we have not had reports of any similar issues. Of course should you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Care team directly to online@camilla.com.au. With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Don't buy from the actual store

My first encounter, I bought cushions on line. No infill arrived. Advised it would come....three emails later and three months later still no infil. Mind you the infills are polyester rubbish that don't hold shape so $400 worth of small fabric sitting in my cupboard. My husband recently bought me alot! of the new range in Chatswood. I didn't like any of it. He bought it because I had in Summer, bought two kaftans, a bag and cushions....I really didn't want any more. It was a nice gesture for Mothers Day. I feel he was really stitched up. He said take it back if you don't want it...but they would not refund, I called ahead first, they didn't return my call like they advised the Supervisor would that day. I went into store, where two 18 year olds told me there is never any refund (buy in DJ's if you really have to). There was nothing in store I wanted. I was advised I could not purchase anything that was on the website if I got a voucher, only things full price in store were exchangable. The store person said...you see we have a sign at the register...but it was covered with her product book and in the tiniest of writing...she actually pointed to the wrong sign, then corrected herself. One thing I asked for to exchange they said they needed to check with online store...three weeks later no one has yet returned my call. My girlfriend was a huge stockist in her interior stylist business...Camilla can now forget that business. I would say find an alternative. You pay for okay products, at exception prices with below zero customer service. SHAME CAMILLA. I can't stand your whole shopping experience.

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The CAMILLA team are extremely sorry to hear of your experience with regards to your cushion inserts and with your in store experience. Please do reach out to our customer care team directly to online@camilla.com.au as we would be happy to arrange replacements inserts for you should you need. With regards to our returns policy, this policy is located on the boutique counter and we trust that our customers understand and review this policy prior to purchase. We sincerely hope that you were able to enjoy your CAMILLA gift card towards another piece to add to your beautiful collection. With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Perfect Kaftan

I have been a long time Camilla fan and love their styles. Recently I bought a new off shoulder from
David Jones store - yet for the price you'd expect all the crystals to stay on - after one wear a lot have fallen off. They do give the extras but how are you supposed to pit them on! Hot fix?

Hello Cathy, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that your beautiful piece has started to lose embellishments. Embellishments are best secured using a fabric glue specifically designed for delicate garments such as silk. Alternatively, you can have these embellishments applied by an alteration specialist who is used to dealing with fabric application such as this. Of course, should you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team directly to online@camilla.com.au With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx

Deceitful business practices

I recently bought a top at the Camilla Franks store in Eastland. At no time was I informed of their no returns policy, nor was there any facility for me to have a back view of the garment. On returning home I tried on the top and had a look at the back view and I was horrified, had I seen this I would never had bought the garment, also had I known that there were no returns allowed I would not have taken it from the store. So my advice is to be careful, the selling pressure is strong and all they care about is the sale, after that you're on your own.

Hello Mojohee, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment in your CAMILLA purchase. As per our policy Full-priced items purchased from a CAMILLA Retail Boutique may be exchanged or returned for a CAMILLA Retail Boutique credit provided that the conditions in this Policy are satisfied. This policy is located on the boutique counter and we trust that our customers understand this policy before purchase. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with out Customer Care team directly should there be anything else we can assist you with to online@camilla.com.au With love, CAMILLA Customer Care xx