Campion Education

Campion Education (page 3 of 8)

See the Best Book Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Campion Education

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (193)

Kirst
KirstGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extra filters would make selection easier

Surely it would not be too difficult to be able to filter your childs subjects so only those are visible and thus reducing possible subject errors, especially with Unit 1/2 v 3/4. It would make cross checking simpler and quicker. Otherwise, only bought digital books this year and the prices are very expensive for something that you cannot sell the following year.

BarryK
BarryKsydney

Bad Experience

Factual: If you are the preferred supplier of texts for a school then surely you would know the numbers required by the school for a particular text. Further, I ordered online for Yr 4 book list and provided with a Yr 2 text. Further, Two books on back order, how is it possible I asked? "oh, we had a late Xmas rush" was the response in store (Artarmon). I then asked for ISBN to source elsewhere and "oh , ok"

Objective: hard to be objective when customer service and results were not satisfactory. The schools refer students to Campion and effectively they are the 'go to' monopoly for some texts.

Disappointing

David L
David LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

In store service atrocious

Forgot to order 1 book for second child. Went down to store in Moorabbin, could not have been more disorganised. It is the busiest time of year for this business and the staff could not have moved at a more glacial pace if they tried. No sense of urgency, people queued out the door, hand written signs on A4 paper place so they could not be seen. Pathetic! Walked out after 20 minutes, ended up getting $75 text on Facebook Marketplace for $15. Will be using FB & Officeworks for booklist in future, I hate dealing with this organisation.

Cassandra Cameron
Cassandra CameronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could skip the stars I would. No stars from me

Order placed 12days before. After 3 hours, 2 calls , with 1 hang up after being on hold 11 times. Order being dispatched on the 10th day. And lies from both ‘customer support operators. Given this is their core business and they can’t get it right I will be sourcing books elsewhere for 2022.

Steph Wilson
Steph WilsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy, but paying delivery on each child

It was easy to use but couldn’t add all of my children to the one order so I had to pay delivery separately. Not happy about that.

Needs improvement

I am not satisfied at all with the system where you purchase a book and dont find out until delivery that it is out of stock for next 3 months ! Also , when making a purchase for multiple students at same school at same time to same address , and then have to pay both postages . Not appropriate online business for 2021 .

flimsy service

I ordered generic book packs from their list & was sent the wrong items... very unhelpful when I called for assistance. Not a great first experience and will shop elsewhere in the future.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Sonia L, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. I would like to understand a little more about your experience and will send you a private message. Thank you.

Mehdi
Mehdi

nothing special

The prices are not competitive, majority of books can be found in other other online stores with better price. It was the first time I had to buy some books from this online store.

Xiao N.
Xiao N.South-Eastern Region, NSW

poor service!

If you don’t have the books I need in stock, you can just let me know before I place my order! Like all the others books sellers do!

Michele F.
Michele F.Perth, WA

terrible

very slow at processing orders and delivery costs are high and no option for online click and collect I'll stick with the office works f or same day delivery

Kathryn Stedman
Kathryn Stedman

Shipping is very expensive

Shipping isn’t combined if you are ordering for multiple students/siblings. I have three kids - therefore pay three entire lots of shipping, which is crazy considering they are all going to the same address, and we are also located in Sydney metro. It’s not a good shipping rate to begin with without multiplying it by three. They must be making money off shipping!!

LesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Campion Books

Service at Highett store prompt and friendly as was pick-up.
Disappointing that every year we order, there are out of stocks even though we may have ordered books/novels a few weeks later. Still waiitng on a novel and it's 1.5 weeks away from school start. Maybe order a few books extra next time.
As for taking surveys, if you want feedback, that is our valuable time, you need to offer something in return.

Les

Sorry, can't wait until next week to get my daughter's novel. Will pick up first novel that has arrived and cancel order for second tomorrow. I am assumiung I will get a refund.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Les, please contact our customer service team on 1300 433 982 and they will be able to assist you with your order. Thank you.

Unfair
UnfairCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I Do not understand why you have you have to pay separate postage charges and can’t make one order.

Would have ordered all items but having to pay to collect or shipping cost for each child was a joke.

Xzavia H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dissatisfied with postage

Really don’t understand why they can’t combine postage for multiple children. Even when one just needed a paintbrush they still tried to charge a separate postage. Ludicrous.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Xzavia H, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on packing and delivery costs. If you have been charged delivery for a paintbrush please contact our customer service team on 1300 433 982 they will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Xzavia H.

Thanks, No I just canceled the paintbrush and purchased one elsewhere.

School books

Not happy that there is no option to pick it up for free. Campion have a monopoly on school books, charge too much provide no option fot parents to save money.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Zak, we are sorry you didn't enjoy your experience with us, and are not happy with the options for delivery/pick up. We will certainly take your feedback on board, thank you.

Order review

Great fast delivery. However, disappointing that the items I ordered could have fitted into an Aust Post sachet bag. 2 orders placed for the same delivery address and boxes contained more air packs than actual order. Perhaps compile a delivery address and post in appropriate size packing for families to save postage

Not bad

I really like the online ordering but the delivery is slightly slow. And the delivery fee is a bit expensive.

Kathy Riley
Kathy RileyPerth, WA

Delivery Rort! Such exploitation

Order was picked correctly and efficiently, staff should be commended on this efficiency. 3 children's orders placed with Campion at the same time, charged 3 lots of delivery. What an absolute rip off and play on the monopoly they have. Disappointing and poor form Campion.

Cindy H.
Cindy H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Outdated and archaic systems for ordering and delivery.

Cannot believe that in 2021 there is still a need to line up and physically collect the books at the store if not ordered in bulk by a specific due date. This year due to COVID restrictions it took almost 4 hours to wait in line, wait for the order to be picked and then wait again to collect it as the queue was so long we were informed there was such a delay that we could opt to come back later and collect. Such a waste of hours each year. Why can't this company make the switch to either online click and collect or ship orders out upon receipt like other companies using a cost effective courier service? The days of bulk ordering and delivery are long gone and it is highly inconvenient to endure this process each year.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Helpful Service

Your service is helpful for busy people instead of having to line up at Campion to complete the order. Your communication about the progress of the order was very slow in the early stages of the process. We didn’t know the status of the order until 48 hours before it arrived. Suggestion-once order is placed keep in contact more regularly.

Campion E.Campion Education

Very fast, but I always feels ripped off with postage.

There is a great range of books for school and the prices are reasonable. The books always arrive quickly. The one negative is that there is no option to combine orders for multiple children, which means that the order for each child incurs its own postage fee. So every time I order I feel annoyed that I am basically being charged a fee for having an extra child - and so silly of them not to combine all the ordered books in one parcel, anyway.

Joice T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Double handling shipping fees in one order for 2 children and inconvenient purchasing setting

1. Website action could be improved. One of my daughter is doing VCE (elective subject). I need to hop out the page and get in to another section to place order for the 2 subjects. I was charged 2 x handling and shipping fees because of this action. System should be able to pick this up. It was a messy process. I need to pay and call for refund for the double charged Fees.
2. I ordered for 2 daughters in one order. None other online seller is charging 2 shipping and handling fees for one order. I am hoping for this to be improved because I purchase from you guys every year!

Aussie Amber
Aussie AmberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive product, expensive and slow shipping. Wish I had of gone to Officeworks

Vir
VirAU

Website and service is good but shipping is expensive

It’s easy to use the website. I ordered on Monday and I received the books on Friday in Sydney. Also, there were suggestions to buy extra books like notes for English which was helpful.
But I had to pay shipping twice because the order was for 2 students which makes it $24 just for shipping!

Michelle
MichellePerth, WA

Haven’t received delivery yet so hard to do a review

Unsure haven’t received as yet. Please advise when the order will be sent. Thanks we are looking forward to receiving it.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Michelle, sorry for the delay in responding to you. I will send you a private message to gather a few details so we can follow up this for you. Thank you.